1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
14,582 Posts
They should be - a bigger Japanese wrestler who showed he was willing to come wrestle Stateside in TNA. Okada should look at how Yoshi Tatsu is treated though and stay in Japan.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,573 Posts
Please stay.

Reactions: Brock

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Well he's staying in New Japan as he should. I think this was around WrestleKingdom this January when his contract was coming up. He lost that match and many assumed it was because he will be going to WWE. Thankfully he stayed and won the IWGP championship and will go in as the defending champion this year :mark: :mark:

So yeah, the RAINNMAKAHH is staying in the Land of the Rising sun and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He and Devitt need to stay. I wish NJPW had more exposure overseas but the time difference is the big problem. it would immediately draw away all the casuals that care about wrestling instead of storylines and the anime looking wrestlers would be huge with kids and imagine the action figure deals.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,087 Posts
Zero chance of happening. He's a big star in his homeland.

WWE is a fucking shit embarrassment of a company.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
I love this man. if he did sign(which he won't btw, this is just subjective) they should keep everything about him the same, hell they could even promote the fact that he's an "international superstar" that has won major championships in Japan, and have Paul Heyman manage him.

I assume he speaks English based on this interview? Or was it translated?

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
If I ran a fed, that's exactly what I'd do. Have Okada as the champ with Heyman managing him :mark:

But somehow, even if WWE used him somewhat right, I still want him to stay in Japan as THE number 1 guy. When was the last time a guy became such a huge star at 24-25 years of age? You'd have to go back to Nakamura and Lesnar. Also, in NJPW, he can show off his wrestling skills to the best of his ability. I'd rather see him as the Cool Rainmaker instead of a watered down version.

·
The Man Comes Around
8,525 Posts
"...I have heard people say that if I stay in Japan that I will be a big fish in a small pond, but I do not agree. If people think Japan is a small pond, then I will rebuild the pond with my own hands and make it as large as the Pacific Ocean.”

Kazuchika Okada

1 - 12 of 12 Posts