Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The WWE is sturggling big time in the face department...

John Cena
Rey Mysterio
Undertaker ( Part Time )
Big Show ???
Christian ( Injured )

Only 3 pure faces in the top tier. Taker is part time also which leaves two...

People like, Punk, Edge, Orton and Jericho, who could possibly be face, for me have been too good at heel that I could never see them as a face again.

Likes of Barrett, Miz, Kane, Sheamus and Del Rio just have no future as faces

The deperarture of Batista, Jeff Hardy and Shawn Micheals, 3 beilliant faces has left the company in bits...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Plus think of it this way.

Mysterio, Taker, Big show, Edge and Trips are retiring in the next year or so from wrestling duties.

I'm sure they'll turn Miz face, possibly Punk. They don't seem to want to push any new faces though. Morrison really isn't good enough. Kingston is, but he is STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! according to that big greased up baby.

The fact is, the faces really aren't that interesting nowadays. They did well with Kingstons attitude in the Orton feud, and sometimes in the Ziggler feud but never built on it well enough.

I've got a feeling they'll be pushing Ziggler as a main event face, I don't really see it myself though.

Swagger had a great opportunity to turn into a big goofy face who would be over, like ... Kurt Angle. Instead they had him stay heel and be demolished by Mysterio and Big Show.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Christian is still technically a mid-carder too, but there's Ezekiel Jackson and all the face midcarders (Kofi, JoMo, Bryan, Bourne, Masters, Kaval, and Barreta). There are definitely too many heels, though.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Miz could so be a face if he ever learned to wrestle. /troll

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
This is the perfect time for them to push PRIMO. Primo will be a Main Event Babyface one day I guarantee it.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
You forgot that Edge and Orton are pretty much main event babyfaces, wether they make better heels or not.

But the OP is right, they have a big babyface deficiency and can't seem to push them. All the mmain eventers made in the past couple of years have all been heels. The one face they did push to the top left (Hardy). So in the past couple of years they have pushed CM Punk, Sheamus, Barrett, Miz and Swagger. Also when you look at the guys they could potentially elevate now, a lot of them are heels (Cody, Ziggler, Del Rio etc), and they do need to concentrate a little more on the other side.

I think they might have noticed though since they've started pushing John Morrison to what looks like near the main event on RAW and have shown some small signs of pushing Kofi further up the card in the last week or so. So it might indicate they have realised they have a lack of face wrestlers in the main event. A lot of those who are in the main evnet now will either be leaving soon, or are incredibly injury prone (Ortno, Trips, Taker, Edge, Mysterio) so I think they might realise they do need others around for when they leave or a spot needs to be filled at some point.

It's just a case of if they can successfully manage to push faces to the top.

·
Registered
806 Posts
People like, Punk, Edge, Orton and Jericho, who could possibly be face, for me have been too good at heel that I could never see them as a face again.
But Orton and Edge have turned face, and do a good job of it. Plus Jericho was so much better pissing in tea pots and being the Ayatollah of rock and rollah than he is now. And I don't know for certain, but wasn't Punk pretty highly regarded as a face?

·
Registered
130 Posts
All they need to do is divide heels amongst themselves, I see Nexus breaking up as a group next year when that happens Otunga, maybe Slater and possibly Gabriel could be good midcard faces, which will allow them to possibly push midcarders such JoMo, Miz, etc as Me faces. The same on SD, when The Dashing Ones broke up as a tag team I thought Drew McIntyre mightve been pushed as a face rather than remain heel, plus they need to push some of the midcards they pushed once before like Swagger and Kingston to a main event possibility in the Rumble if Swagger or Kingston can eliminate superstars like Edge, ADR, etc who are the Main Eventers to date they could be pushed to enter the EC in February and thus be pushed to the main event scene by WM.

The Rumble is the place to push stars and return stars as well like HHH, Punk, etc. or possibly they could do what they've often done in these past 3 years or so, which is to leave spots open for returning superstars such as a Booker T if only for one night like RVD did, which made the crowd goes bonkers including myself. So if the WWE wants to recover from this babyface crisis the Rumble is the time to do it for it sets up the EC and consequently WrestleMania.

·
Phantom Thief
17,450 Posts
Jeff Hardy is not a brilliant face. He isin't a brilliant anything. Batista was heel when he left. Kane is better as a face than a heel. Orton is a face. Big Show is a midcarder right now. John Morrison is stepping up to the main event.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Jeff Hardy is not a brilliant face. He isin't a brilliant anything. Batista was heel when he left. Kane is better as a face than a heel. Orton is a face. Big Show is a midcarder right now. John Morrison is stepping up to the main event.
Maybe not brilliant, but he's an expert at drawing and selling merch. And killing his body in various ways.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Main event Faces on Raw Cena and Orton

Main Event faces on Smack down Rey Big show Taker and Edge.

I think its time for both shows to push at least one of their mid card faces into the Main event scene i hope Kofi and Morrison made it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Justin Gabriel'd be my pick of who to turn when the Nexus disintegrates. I mean, he looks like a Manga character and he was the hi-flyer. If you have to grow a beard to look like a heel, you should be face

·
Registered
806 Posts
The current upper-mid-carders are the eventual main eventers. But it's a bit depressing that the first of the upper-mid-card to get promoted is the Miz.

I've just been on the list of superstars, and the only midcard faces I have any faith in are JoMo, Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston. I am open to suggestion, of course, but they're gonna have to make a few turns. I can only see McIntyre as a heel.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
The WWE is sturggling big time in the face department...

John Cena
Rey Mysterio
Undertaker ( Part Time )
Big Show ???
Christian ( Injured )

Only 3 pure faces in the top tier. Taker is part time also which leaves two...

Likes of Barrett, Miz, Kane, Sheamus and Del Rio just have no future as faces

The deperarture of Batista, Jeff Hardy and Shawn Micheals, 3 beilliant faces has left the company in bits...
Not that'll happen but Christian will be back early next year (btw, am I the only one who's beginning to think that a feud with Edge, while obvious, is not the way to push him to the main-event initially and that it might be better to elevate him on his own terms and then have the feud. That's a similar thing to what they did with The Rockers, Shawn was pushed for nearly a year before they feuded over the IC title).

Unlike you I do see face potential in The Miz. I can easilt imagine the live crowd warming to him in a similar fashion to Corperate Rock, leading to a face turn that nontheless retains almost all of his heel traits, only cutting down on the cheating.

For some reason you seem to be unaware that Orton has been face since Wrestlemania. That will likely continue for quite some time.

Daniel Bryan is steadily developing a following, don't let his lack of entrance pops fool you, the fans are into his matches which is what matters.

Kofi will almost certainly main-event by the start of next year imo. He just needs more mic time and, possibly, a top rope finisher. He could easily adapt the Boom Drop or use the Harlem Hangover.

Ziggler has had some seeds planted which could, in the future, lead to a face turn. He's been shown to be less of the cowardly heel than most having gone after the likes of Batista and Khali and not backing down from Kane in the past. THe angle they ran with Maria also allowed him to show a different side of his personality, that may not happen however since ...

... they appear to planning something similar with Drew MacIntyre and Kelly Kelly

Longer term Trent Berreta and Justin Gabriel have serious potential, Jonny Curtis is a star in the making (although WWE will need to show patience with him, he's not someone who will get over cheaply and will need a sustained, slow burn push. Further down the line Bo Rotundo, Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) and, perhaps surprisingly for those who only know him from his ECW talk show, Abraham Washington could, and in Rollins case, definitely should all have big futures in WWE.

·
Phantom Thief
17,450 Posts
Maybe not brilliant, but he's an expert at drawing and selling merch. And killing his body in various ways.
Why this is, I will never know. What makes him better than any other stuntmen? The fact that he weighs 120 pounds? The fact that he has long hair? THe fact that his action figures are the most articulate?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts