Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Old School
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was originally going to be "WWE in 10 years", but 10 years is a long time in the wrestling industry.

Where do you see WWE in 5 years. Just looking back on how things have changed in the last 5 years just goes to show that 5 years can do a lot to the business. However, where do you see WWE in 5 years? Do you see the product being better? Worse?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
wrestling can change in a matter of months. i dont think none of us can get an accurate guess.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
It's really hard to tell what the WWE will be like in five years. Just like your motive on the ten year statement, five years is also quite a long time. The only thing I can really guess is that Michael Cole will still be around and as a face again. As well as Undertaker, Triple H, Kane, Edge and possibly Christian will be either gone or on a really rare appearance schedule.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Not a lot will change, apart from the midcarders of today will be main eventers i guess
Pretty much. The midcarders/up and comers today will replace the main eventers now, that's about it. Cena and Orton will be the only 2 top guys left, Triple H, Edge, Undertaker, Rey etc will be gone.

Also, at the rate the titles change hands, Miz will be like a 90 time world champion and will be getting Cena in 06 levels of hate from the IWC. I can't wait. :lmao

·
Registered
55 Posts
There will be a complete batch of new Divas. They will all be gone. Beth Phoenix will have a controversial release of sorts and be the last of the remaining divas from this era.

I would hope Super Cena is jobbing out to the likes of the current jobbers but that will never happen.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
February 2016:

John Cena is the biggest heel in wrestling, Triple H is the onscreen boss, The Undertaker has been inducted into the HoF. Randy Orton has quit wrestling and embarked on a semi-successful movie/TV career. Rey Mysterio is working for Dixie Carter, as is Paul Wight and Glen Jacobs. Edge and Christian have made a one-off appearance as a tag team for ROH.

The WWE has a much larger presence in Asia and Latin America. The WWE cable network is losing money, but investors and Vince McMahon feel it has a bright future. The company has started to embrace iPPVs.

Although the promotion is still PG the product became noticeably edgier in 2014. Paul Levesque is critically acclaimed in his role as head of creative (Stephanie's former role).

The Miz, Mistico, Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Mason Ryan, Alex Riley and Alberto Del Rio are the big names.

·
Registered
188 Posts
In 5, all young talents will be developed, and younger fanbase will grow up, equalling another atitude era.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think in 5 years we will be seeing Wrestlemania main events along the lines of Wade Barrett vs. Kofi Kingston or John Morrison vs. The Miz (when it would mean something). Maybe even something like CM Punk vs. Bryan for the World Title.

The point is that the mid/upper mid carders now (with the exception of a new guy instapush) will be the top stars over the next few years. In that time Taker, HHH, Mysterio and Edge won't be around anymore (I hope for their sake and ours). Guys like Cena and Orton will be the seasoned vets that can put over the younger guys.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
well, IF americans learn to stop catering to total retards

well be watching 1 hour "wwe raw" on tbs on tuesday nights from the "raw zone"

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Cena still a face, now sporting a bright yellow shirt. 20-time WWE Champion. Even his former kiddie fans have grown up and are sick of this shit.
Kofi Kingston still languishing in midcard.
John Morrison is the new 'Shelton Benjamin', with every title except for a world championship. Consistently steals the show at every PPV.
Miz the #2 face in the company. 'Respects' John Cena. *shudders*. Cole loves them both.
Dolph Ziggler is a 7-time World Heavyweight Champion, not that anyone cares.
Somehow Khali still has a job.
Jack Swagger / Christian quit after consistently terrible booking.
Sheamus the #3 face. Crowd marks for "fella".
Bryan Danielson & CM Punk are company's top heels.
Record low ratings, record high profits.
Members of the WF generally more pissed off than now but still watching the WWE, like a long-abused but clingy girlfriend.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Cena still a face, now sporting a bright yellow shirt. 20-time WWE Champion. Even his former kiddie fans have grown up and are sick of this shit.
Kofi Kingston still languishing in midcard.
John Morrison is the new 'Shelton Benjamin', with every title except for a world championship. Consistently steals the show at every PPV.
Miz the #2 face in the company. 'Respects' John Cena. *shudders*. Cole loves them both.
Dolph Ziggler is a 7-time World Heavyweight Champion, not that anyone cares.
Somehow Khali still has a job.
Jack Swagger / Christian quit after consistently terrible booking.
Sheamus the #3 face. Crowd marks for "fella".
Bryan Danielson & CM Punk are company's top heels.
Record low ratings, record high profits.
Members of the WF generally more pissed off than now but still watching the WWE, like a long-abused but clingy girlfriend.

Haha. Sad but probably true.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts