Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-officials-impressed-with-ricky-reyes-tryout-match/

Independent wrestler Ricky Reyes received a WWE tryout last week at the SmackDown tapings from Wilkes-Barre, PA. Reyes had a long match with Tyson Kidd that got rave reviews from the locker room and lost a squash match against Ryback on SmackDown.

A lot of people backstage talking about Reyes and how good he was, especially William Regal. Don’t be surprised to see Reyes offered a developmental contract in the coming weeks.
For those that don't remember, Reyes was one of the wrestlers that got squashed by Ryback. They decided to give a hispanic man that has a giant R on his tights the name Brian Edwards for that squash match for some reason. Kind of like how they called Russia Alex Koslov, Carlos Sanchez but anyway.

I've been a big fan of Ricky Reyes since his run in ROH as the Havana Pittbulls. Great talent, great worker.

Reyes is only 5' 9" so expect a lot of "Vanilla indy midget" posts in this thread. Always glad to see good wrestlers possibly get a shot in WWE. Triple H has definitely been great at picking up talented indy workers. Reyes has trained in Japan and Mexico, I always say WWE needs to find well-rounded wrestlers who can adapt to any style. Here is his wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Reyes

·
The Cold-Blooded Sausage Maker
8,590 Posts

·
Is a Snit Head
22,215 Posts
I'm shocked that they were thrilled with him. He's had a few decent matches that I've seen but that's about it. I love indy wrestling but I'm not even that big a fan of him.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I was actually just wondering to myself what would happen to all the small guys Ryback was destroying.

He looks like he's built along the same lines as a Michael Modest: strong and compact, but still kind of small. He looks like one of those small guys who can do some surprising power moves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts