Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Raw brand house show here in Honolulu. Very entertaining show, from beginning to end. The Blaisdell Center seats nearly 9000 people for wrestling shows, and if I had to guess, I’d say there was somewhere between 6500-7000 people in attendance tonight. Pretty disappointing that the show couldn’t sell out, considering that the company only comes here once a year, if we’re lucky, but at the same time, it is a Wednesday night, and there wasn’t an announced card for the show or anything.

The opening match of the night was Evan Bourne VS Ted DiBiase. The crowd absolutely loved Bourne, partly because it’s Evan Bourne, and partly because it was the first match of the night, so we were just happy to see some action. Very nice back and forth match that saw Bourne come out victorious after landing a Shooting Star Press. Folks, if you think the move looks great on television, do yourselves a favor and see it in person. It looks amazing when you’re only a few feet away from the turnbuckle.

Next up, Goldust’s music hit, but as he was walking to the ring, he was jumped from behind by Skip Sheffield and David Otunga. After laying Goldust out, they got in the ring and cut a promo, saying that the group was stronger than ever now that they’ve gotten rid of their “weak link”, and to prove just how strong the group is, they want some championship gold. This brought out the WWE Tag Team Champions, Tyson Kidd and David Hart Smith, accompanied by Natalya. I must admit.. Natalya is amazingly cute in person. Wow. Anyway, before the match could begin, the e-mail notification noise played, and announcer Justin Roberts read a note from the anonymous Raw General Manager, saying that he was the only one that had power to make matches and change things around, so instead of this being a match for the titles, it would be a match for Sheffield and Otunga to prove they deserve a shot, and if they won this match, they would earn a future shot at the belts. So, we got The Hart Dynasty VS Skip Sheffield & David Otunga. Another nice back and forth match here, but the big news came towards the end. I missed how it happened, but Skip Sheffield hurt his ankle pretty badly. He couldn’t put any weight on it, but he manned up and finished the match anyway (getting the win by hitting Kidd with a big lariat after Kidd dove off the top rope). The ref came to check on him, and after Skip whispered in his ear, the ref went to Justin Roberts and said “he thinks he broke his ankle”. Skip was clearly in pain, staying on the mat for several minutes before being helped out of the ring and back to the locker room. It didn’t look good, folks, so don’t be surprised if the group only has five members moving forward. Damn shame, too, as Skip has really made a name for himself in the storyline.

Next, The Miz came out and cut a promo, declaring himself as the future of wrestling, saying that he was going to cash in his Money In The Bank shot eventually and become the new WWE Champion, whether we liked it or not. Then, a “Miz Is Mahu” chant broke out. For those unaware, “mahu” is a Hawaiian word, and it translates to someone that is a transvestite, but the term is usually used in slang as a derogatory term for homosexual men. Definitely not a PG-rated chant. Miz was great here, yelling out that he didn’t know what the hell the word meant, which only made the crowd chant it louder. Miz was HATED, ladies and gentlemen. Incredible heel heat that only got worse once his match began. The Miz VS Mark Henry. Miz refused to lock up with Henry for at least three or four minutes, rolling to the outside time and time again. The crowd ate it up, and booed him louder and louder with each time he rolled out. Once the match finally did get underway, it was short and sweet. Henry dominated the beginning, but ended up running into an exposed turnbuckle, arm-first, putting him at a disadvantage for the rest of the match before he was finally pinned. Miz wins.

Sheamus VS Randy Orton for the WWE Title was up next. I was stunned that the match went on so early. The face pop Orton got was bananas. It was your typical entertaining match between these two, with multiple RKO teases and even a missed RKOP in the corner. When Orton was about to finish the match off with an RKO, Sheamus shoved the referee down, getting himself disqualified. Didn’t matter much, as Orton hit him with the RKO, anyway. As Orton rolled to the outside, The Miz sprinted down to the ring and cashed in his Money In The Bank shot. However, before the match could begin, Orton got back in and hit Miz with an RKO to a loud pop from the crowd.

After a brief intermission, we got some Divas action, with Eve & The Bella Twins taking on Alicia Fox, Maryse & Jillian in some sort of swimsuit match thingamajiggy. They wrestled in bikini tops and extremely short shorts. Beach balls and water guns were brought into the mix, and although it was a really short match, it was still fun to see the women in person. Eve & The Bellas got the win. For those wondering, I think The Bellas, Alicia Fox & Maryse are all much better looking in person than they are on television, and they’re hot as hell on television. I’m just saying.

The next match was Yoshi Tatsu VS Chris Jericho, but before the match, we got a promo by Jericho. Another “mahu” chant broke out, and Jericho, being the awesome performer that he is, basically said that he had no idea what the word meant, but because people were directing it towards him, it must mean either “champion” or “hero”, so he gave us all permission to call him a “mahu” as often as we want. He then went out and grabbed a flower lei that Justin Roberts was wearing, walked back into the ring and ripped the lei apart, sending strands of flowers flying everywhere. That Jericho kid.. he could really go places in this business one day. Another good back and forth match here with several believable near falls for Yoshi, but Jericho got the victory after hitting a Codebreaker.

The main event of the night was John Cena VS Wade Barrett. Remember the pop for Randy Orton that I mentioned earlier? Yeah, Cena’s face pop was twice as loud as that was. I’m not kidding when I say that it sounded like there were at least 50,000 people in the building when Cena’s music hit. It was a LOUD reaction. Before the match could begin, we got another e-mail from the Raw General Manager, adding a No Disqualification stipulation to the match. The match was as you’d expect it to be, with Cena bouncing back on multiple occasions after being beaten on for a while. During one comeback, David Otunga ran out and attacked him from behind. No Skip Sheffield, though, further letting me know that his injury was serious. As Cena was down, Randy Orton ran out to make the save, which nearly made the roof blow off of the building. Cena got the victory after making applying the STF. After the match, Orton got back in the ring with Cena as Cena was making his way back to his feet. Orton teased an RKO, but when Cena turned around, Orton stuck his hand out instead. They shook hands, and Orton left. Afterward, Cena went around the ring, spending several minutes signing autographs and taking pictures with fans. He received a lei from a woman in the front row and even got a custom-made airbrushed “John Cena” hat from someone, which he put on immediately. To no surprise, he was great during his interactions with the fans, going above and beyond what was necessary.

Since these types of things are popular with house show reports..

Five Loudest Face Pops
- John Cena
- Randy Orton
- The announcement that the Divas match was up next
- Evan Bourne
- The Hart Dynasty

Five Loudest Heel Reactions
- The Miz
- Sheamus getting himself disqualified
- David Otunga speaking
- Ted DiBiase
- Chris Jericho

From Lords of Pain

·
Registered
448 Posts
Five Loudest Face Pops
- John Cena
- Randy Orton
- The announcement that the Divas match was up next
- Evan Bourne
- The Hart Dynasty
:lmao:lmao:lmao
Looks like a nice show,glad the matches weren't one sided.
I hope Sheffield comes back soon,he's made quiet an impact so far.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
thnx for the report man....sounds better than some of the shows they put on tv :p

As Orton rolled to the outside, The Miz sprinted down to the ring and cashed in his Money In The Bank shot. However, before the match could begin, Orton got back in and hit Miz with an RKO to a loud pop from the crowd.
i lol'd even tho i've seen this before

Another “mahu” chant broke out, and Jericho, being the awesome performer that he is, basically said that he had no idea what the word meant, but because people were directing it towards him, it must mean either “champion” or “hero”
:lmao

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The ref came to check on him, and after Skip whispered in his ear, the ref went to Justin Roberts and said “he thinks he broke his ankle”. Skip was clearly in pain, staying on the mat for several minutes before being helped out of the ring and back to the locker room.
Sad to hear this part. Hope he recovers soon

Another “mahu” chant broke out, and Jericho, being the awesome performer that he is, basically said that he had no idea what the word meant, but because people were directing it towards him, it must mean either “champion” or “hero”, so he gave us all permission to call him a “mahu” as often as we want.
Jericho is just a piece of Gold!!! LOLed at this!!!

Remember the pop for Randy Orton that I mentioned earlier? Yeah, Cena’s face pop was twice as loud as that was. I’m not kidding when I say that it sounded like there were at least 50,000 people in the building when Cena’s music hit.
I imagine the pop he received, no surprise there. Orton is getting to that point, and pretty soon his character will continue growing on everybody.

Nice report and nice show!! Thanks.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
Sounds like a positively great show. Even more incentive to buy the Raw house show tickets early tomorrow for Stockton, CA.

Horrible news about Sheffield, though. That's a downer.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
The RAW GM knows whats going on at house shows from his home?

·
He Who Breeds Pestilence
657 Posts
Then, a “Miz Is Mahu” chant broke out. For those unaware, “mahu” is a Hawaiian word, and it translates to someone that is a transvestite, but the term is usually used in slang as a derogatory term for homosexual men.
...lol.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Chris Jericho :lmao

This is the most entertaining report i've read in awhile, thanks for sharing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts