Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NoDQ.com

- WWE has hired Chris Russo, no relation to Vince Russo, to a deal. He worked at the Wild Samoan school and did commentary as well as ring announcing.
I hear Chris Russo, and I think of Mike and The Mad Dog (sports radio show from the NY area). Don't think it's the same guy, but if it is, this guy would make a killer heel announcer.

EDIT: Not the same Chris Russo, but I found a little bit about the guy. Apparently, he has some in ring experience.

Wrestlinginflorida.com
Chris Russo was the 2010 Lia Maivia Scholarship recipient from the Usos Foundation. Trained by the legendary WWE Hall of Famer Afa The Wild Samoan and given the opportunity to throw his voice around inside the honored walls of WXW, Chris has methodically become a big part of World Xtreme Wrestling. "Who will train you, brain you and make fame of you?"

Chris is 6 foot 3 inches tall, 220 pounds originating in McLean, Virginia and also living in Washington, D.C. Though he has had some background in the ring, his main focus, talent and ambition leads toward an Official. He is suave, he is articulate, and verbally artful. In Virginia, Chris landed some radio broadcasting positions that enabled him to understand what is needed to gather people's attention... his voice and confidence now runs synonymous with the respected WXW (World Xtreme Wrestling). Chris Russo was introduced to Afa and WXW through a friend and WXW referee Scott Wheeler. He immediately proved to be dedicated and a perfect match to WXW... have you seen him in the ring lately? He exudes personality! Being smooth, cunning and wily isn't something you learn or develop. "You either have it or you don't... and because I know I have it, I use it." says Chris.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Never heard of him but I'm always open for a new announcer.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol too bad it's not the mad dog, he would make a great heel

HELL YES! I was really excited when I read the name, but its not him :( Mad Dog would definitely be a perfect heel announcer

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Cool, i guess. As long as he does a better job than Lilian in her last year.

Agreed. I have a friend with the last name Russo, and I remain convinced that Vince is a distant uncle. I'm trying to get her to arrange a meeting so i can punch him in the face.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been trying to avoid this, but what the hell. No bullshit, my last name is Russo. Absolutely zero relation to Vince though. Trust me, I've checked. Russo is a very popular last name.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts