Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lita, Steph and Vince's appearances on the show tonight came a bit random. When Vince woke up from the coma and said "i hate politics" it immediately came to my mind that Vince was hinting that wwe is only pg right now because of Linda's campaign. And now that it's over, change is on the way. Also seeing Lita and Steph on the show were probably just a nostalgic thing for all the attitude era fans. I have been watching wwe for 11 years, and this is how Vince works. He forshadows things in the way of promos all the time.

Raw has basically been at the lowest of lows lately. Tonight's show was one of the worst. I think Vince is going to come back and turn wwe edgy again. Just my thought.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I kinda felt like a change was approaching. Only when I saw vince.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
I kinda felt like a change was approaching. Only when I saw vince.
This is what I felt.
I don't feel it strongly but I feel it a little bit.
One side of me is thinking Vince will be back to shake things up.
But the other side of me is thinking, it was just for Linda.

If this actually leads to something, they could take a lot from this one segment.
HHH and Steph seemed like they wanted Vince to be in a coma still.
But when I start thinking of that, that's when I think we're reading too much into it.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I thought that aswell. It seemed like one of those shady PG-13 promos Vince used to do (JR's Colon Surgery) I'm not gonna say they will drop PG straight away, but if Linda loses, chances are we might see a more edgier programme.

Also, the Daniel Bryan comment didn't seem to go over with the crowd very well. He is obviously very popular now, and it just seems like he was the wrong wrestler to make that type of comment about.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The change is that Freddie Prinze is back in the creative team. Best segment I have seen in a long time :lmao
Vintage Freddie !

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I think thats a really interesting way to put it , maybe the PG era ends next Monday since the election would then be over with. Especially if Linda doesn't even win right?

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Oh boy, another thread where people try to read into things too much in order to fulfill their inner wishes instead of reality. Kinda reminds me of the people who thought Cena was actually turning heel when he lost to Barrett.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
They're just building towards the biggest swerve in the history of wrestling.

Raw doesn't really exist. What we've been watching all these years is just Steph's dream. The last 909 episodes of Monday Night Raw never really happened, it was all just a figment of her imagination.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I thought that aswell. It seemed like one of those shady PG-13 promos Vince used to do (JR's Colon Surgery) I'm not gonna say they will drop PG straight away, but if Linda loses, chances are we might see a more edgier programme.

Also, the Daniel Bryan comment didn't seem to go over with the crowd very well. He is obviously very popular now, and it just seems like he was the wrong wrestler to make that type of comment about.

the bryan comment could have been a way for mcmahon to generate more heat for himself considering how over he is with at least the IWC I'm hoping vince comes back next week and honestly that segment didn't seem to me like it was designed to promote people voting tomorrow or give linda some free advertising... that seemed to me to be the rebirthing of the Mr. MacMahon character

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
They're just building towards the biggest swerve in the history of wrestling.

Raw doesn't really exist. What we've been watching all these years is just Steph's dream. The last 909 episodes of Monday Night Raw never really happened, it was all just a figment of her imagination.

Now THAT is a swerve! :lmao

Sorry. Russo with the flip flops gets me every time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
lol i love the way vince says shut up to people like he did tonight

·
Registered
81 Posts
I feel change coming too...i mean come on, that was not in the show just for randomness. F-those who just say no to speculation, but that was just a cool segment. He seemed shocked at the current state of the wwe.

I wish next week they play a storyline of him coming back, like getting out of the hospital and and making his way to raw (for the following week).

remember the change that took place after survivor series 2001? man those were good times

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Lita, Steph and Vince's appearances on the show tonight came a bit random. When Vince woke up from the coma and said "i hate politics" it immediately came to my mind that Vince was hinting that wwe is only pg right now because of Linda's campaign. And now that it's over, change is on the way. Also seeing Lita and Steph on the show were probably just a nostalgic thing for all the attitude era fans. I have been watching wwe for 11 years, and this is how Vince works. He forshadows things in the way of promos all the time.

Raw has basically been at the lowest of lows lately. Tonight's show was one of the worst. I think Vince is going to come back and turn wwe edgy again. Just my thought.
They've been hinting at change for months now. I'd say it'll likely happen sometime next year.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts