Wrestling Forum banner

WWE hinting at Rock/Austin confrontation next week?

2397 Views 23 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Renegade™
wwe.com ... http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/

On the Austin slide, it just so happens to say 'does it have anything to do with a longtime rival hosting Wrestlemania?'. Do you think this is simply a marketing tool or is it too good of an opportunity for them to let it slide?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Marketing strategy. If there's a Rock/Austin confrontation, it'll be April 3rd on Pay-Per-View.

· Registered
82 Posts
Next weeks main event, Rock and Austin vs Cena and Orton

a man can dream.

· Registered
229 Posts
If the company fail to put Rock and Austin in the ring together at any time for a promo, between now and Mania then creative should all be fired and McMahon put out to pasture.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
If the company fail to put Rock and Austin in the ring together at any time for a promo, between now and Mania then creative should all be fired and McMahon put out to pasture.
Why should Creative be fired? It all comes down to Vince or whoever is in charge of large, immediate investments. If at any time a big star doesn't work for WWE it's down to the people who pay the salaries and/or the talent having too high a demand.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
Next week... Austin and The Rock...live VIA TITANTRON!

In a riveting 45 minute debate. 15 minute remarks, 5 minute rebuttals, 5 minutes of joint mocking The Miz and Cena! Who needs wrestling, a compelling mid card and Diva division or tag teams and Wrestlemania buildup when you could have that?

Is the WWE really this desperate that they've go to live a decade in the past?
Why should I mark for 2 guys who haven't wrestled in 7 years talking to each other?
It also reflects poorly on the current state of the company that people would rather watch guys in their 40s repeat catchphrases that they got over more than 10 years ago than anything they can produce now. Just a rumor of the Rock or Stone Cold showing up puts another 600,000 to 1 MILLION sets of eyeballs on the tube.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,720 Posts
Who knows, maybe WWE just want Austin to advertise the encounter a bit more by speaking on it. Kind've like the Rock did when Vince was fueding with Donald Trump. Obviously, given Stone Cold and Rock's history, he proberly will make reference to it. If I recall, HBK asked Austin last year if he thought HBK could beat Undertaker's streak. So I think the same applies here.

BTW. All the Raw these last few weeks have been great for comebacks. This week we had Rock, last week Undertaker/Triple H. The Week before, The Rock again and next week we got Stone Cold. What's to say the week after, Shawn Micheals might make another appearence, to futher fuel the HHH/Undertaker fued.

· Zombo
12,624 Posts
My gut feeling is that it's merely a marketing strategy. Rock won't be there, Austin will.

And I'd bet Austin talks mostly about his duties while hyping up the return of Tough Enough.

I figure if I go in with these expectations, I can't be disappointed if Rock/Austin don't meet next week.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
In a riveting 45 minute debate. 15 minute remarks, 5 minute rebuttals, 5 minutes of joint mocking The Miz and Cena! Who needs wrestling, a compelling mid card and Diva division or tag teams and Wrestlemania buildup when you could have that?

Is the WWE really this desperate that they've go to live a decade in the past?
The "45 minute debate" would be better than ANYTHING the current roster does (outside of the Rock obviously).

Lol at the word "compelling" used next to "mid card". The only way that would make sense is if they put "doesn't exist" after "mid card".

Why should we even spend time on wrestlers that are given three minutes and they botch at least 3 times in that short time?

I kind of agree about the tag team thing but that's something that's been terrible for years. It won't change in a 3 month span.

I think it's funny, the current generation got 3.2, 3.1, and celebration for 3.3

However, now The Rock, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and now Steve Austin being hinted to be on Raw, now they are getting 3.8 and I think they'll be over a 4.0

So yes, for the best ratings in a year and half, I would go back a decade. Besides, the ratings will suck 2 weeks after Wrestlemania when all these people are gone and they have to rely on the current stars. They will go back into the 3.1's.

· Registered
697 Posts
Why would it be a marketing ploy?

Don't be surprised to see Rock come out and rip Cena and then have Austin come out.

Of course though, they could keep it for Wrestlemania.
Ya, why would WWE want to promote the possibility of the two biggest stars in recent memory crossing paths for the first time in years? Why would they want eyeballs on RAW?

:no:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.