Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a few other people on this forum I think Heath Slater is a very good heel and could one day make a great midcarder at least. Know I get that he is a jobber and is supposed to lose a lot, but if WWE ever decide to give him a push how are people expected to take him seriously when he has been knocked out by both Flo Rida and Cyndi Lauper?!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I think people will. Wwe have built heels like this for ages. Plus, it's not like he's doing anything else useful. He could even use it in his charatacter, you know, say to himself look, I've been acting like an ass-hat prancing about, I've lost my focus.

They could even do it quicker, have him beat a legend on Raw 1000

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
While I never for a minute at any point thought Slater had a chance, he was done after Cena and the Wendy's bit. You treat a guy like a joke, he becomes a joke. Santino is the only guy to rise above that, but there's usually only one guy per company like that (it's Eric Young in TNA) and the job is already taken in WWE.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I don't know if they have ruined his chance of becoming credible, but I sure hope they did.

I'm rarely THIS biased against someone but I really detest the guy and see nothing in him. I've felt this way since first seeing him on NXT.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Heath Slater was never going to be a credible star of the future. His look alone just screams ''unmarketable comedy jobber''. I think his wellness policy violation really hurt his career because since he's done nothing but job to everyone, whereas before he was once a former 3 time Tag Team Champion with Justin Gabriel. The dude's only good for jobbing and getting good ''go away'' heat from the crowd due to his horrible look and accent.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Bitch Tits Slater is more entertaining than the "top stars" right now. And that's all the WWE cares about, entertainment. Not actual wrestling or cutting great promos to hype great matches. Nope, it's all about entertainment.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Bitch Tits Slater is more entertaining than the "top stars" right now. And that's all the WWE cares about, entertainment. Not actual wrestling or cutting great promos to hype great matches. Nope, it's all about entertainment.
Actually it's all about money with the WWE. That's why they have boring, un-entertaining talents like Cena, Orton, Sheamus in the main-event that were all shoved down our throats until the point they established fan bases and those fan bases translate into merchandise sales which make the WWE money. Heath Slater isn't entertaining either and is just as boring as the talents I mentioned.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Slater was born "ruined"

Reactions: JoseDRiveraTCR7

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
LOL, not they didn't. The guy if a lifetime jobber. He never had a chance of making it big. That's not a bad thing though. WWE needs jobbers/journeymen and Slater is good at that. Fact is, if you put this guy in a feud or push him people would change the channel, but he's good in small dosages where he annoys people for a minute and gets squashed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
WWE can put over whoever they want.

Examples: The Miz, Dolph Ziggler,

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Of which Slater provides zero. What's the point of watching wrestling if you don't like wrestling or promos hyping a match? Comedy skits and chicks can easily be found on other programs.

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
Ruined any chance of Slater becoming a credible superstar in the future? Nah, enhancement talent and fumbling seems to be his place. I'll admit, he's more bearable than Blandtino, but I don't see his future even stepping close to a mid tier title. If he manages to take the title off of Blandtino, then I'll take everything I said about him back.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Actually it's all about money with the WWE. That's why they have boring, un-entertaining talents like Cena, Orton, Sheamus in the main-event that were all shoved down our throats until the point they established fan bases and those fan bases translate into merchandise sales which make the WWE money. Heath Slater isn't entertaining either and is just as boring as the talents I mentioned.
Very true. I see Cena, Orton and Sheamus as cartoon characters and mascots.

Slater isn't very entertaining, just more entertaining than the top stars.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Of which Slater provides zero. What's the point of watching wrestling if you don't like wrestling or promos hyping a match? Comedy skits and chicks can easily be found on other programs.
I should have elaborated. I didn't mean Slater is really entertaining, just more entertaining than the likes of Cena, Orton and Sheamus who cut the same shitty promo every single week.

WWE doesn't care about storylines or great promos anymore. They just want the crowd to "have fun" and laugh. It's pathetic. As a devoted fan and aspiring wrestler, I hate to see what the WWE has become. Vince needs to realize the fans want to see wrestling, not "sports entertainment"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Slater could be the IC champ in a matter of weeks and we shouldn't bat an eye, because Vince has Alzheimer's with his storylines and he expects the audience to have it as well.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
The match he had last week at FCW with Gabriel was some of the best work I have seen from him. Slater can play the annoying ass heel perfectly.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I dunno, while I wasn't exactly impressed by his skit on Monday, I was surprised to see him get so much screentime. Especially since he was featured on the mic the week before as well. I think it's a sign of things to come. IT'S TIME, IT'S TIME, IT'S SLATER TIME!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts