Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously... they could have a good tag team division.
They have The Usos, Camacho and Hunico, Primo and Epico, Titus O'Neil and Darren Young (I love these two), Santino and Ryder as a comedy tag team.
If they still had The Hart Dynasty...
and If they had debuted Antonio Cesaro with Kassius Ohno... man that would be awesome.
The tag team division sux today because WWE doesn't give a shit for it.
What do you guys think about it?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Those aren't good teams, maybe with the exception of the Kings of Wrestling, who are an actual tag team. All those other teams are just a jobber paired up with another jobber with no name. Why do I care about them? They have nothing that makes them stand out and none of them are particularly entertaining. And how am I supposed to take Primo and Epico and Darren Young and O'Neil seriously when it's taken them like 2 years to get a win on television? Every time I see those teams get wins, I just laugh because I can't get the damage they've done to these people out of my head, it's sunk in too deep. It's gonna take a LOT to make them credible.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
It amazes me how you left out of your list the current tag team champions

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think at the moment the tag team division is being resurrected slowly, at the moment they got four teams building division and all these four have been in both major shows (Raw and Smackdown) They got Team Vickie, R-Truth and Kofi, Percy Watson and Darren Young who cut a promo about getting the tag titles, and lurking behind the scenes are the former champs.. these four teams have been consistently shown on either Raw or Smackdown so hopefully the tag team division will be a lot better anytime soon. We have R-Truth and Kofi vs Dolph and Swagger at OTL and that is a good start.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I think that the tag team division was being ignored for a while and that was why they unified the belts and now have a relatively small division. I would love to see it come back though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It amazes me how you left out of your list the current tag team champions
Yes, I left them because I personally don't like them as a team.
I think they are just two guys thrown together and they don't look like a team, at least for me. Well Santino and Ryder too, but they are just a comedy team. Camacho and Hunico looks like a real team, as both have the same gimmick. They just need a push and stop losing to Brodus Clay.
The Usos are simply the best.
Titus and Young looks like real team. Darren Young was from NXT, Nexus and was redebuted now. Nothing wrong. Titus and I've never heard of him. But I really think they have a future.
Epico and Primo have nothing that stand out, but they are two guys with the same style and with the right push they could be a believable midcard tag team.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
The division won't be good until teams, actual teams, are regularly able to beat randomly paired singles stars. When you see The Usos vs Del Rio and Jericho (random example) you know the singles guys will win unless they turn on each other (which makes the loss meaningless)

It's well known that Vince doesn't care about tag-team wrestling and only uses it as a vehicle for launching singles stars. Ironically, that makes a strong division more important than it has to be if it's to be an end unto itself. I would be quite happy to see a separate division of teams who were allowed to quietly do their thing on Superstars, well away from the soap opera bs of the main brands. That would never produce an Edge or a Jeff Hardy but it would be entertaining to those who enjoy tag-team wrestling. To produce those stars you need to push the division much harder, knowing even as you do so that 90% of them will never make it past jobber status.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Seriously... they should have a good tag team division. They don't. They won't. Not until they give enough fucks.

Things are starting to look positive again, but it's going to take a while, and the standards won't be the same.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
The tag team division isn't making a comeback and won't be making one anytime soon. I wish that people would just accept that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Usos look good to me, and so does American Perfection.
It's clear we won't be seeing Ohno and Cesaro as a tag team anytime soon.
I think seeing Christian and Jericho again would be good.
Also, while they don't exist, I think Del Rio and DiBiase (probably do something like Money Inc.), Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio and Chris Jericho and The Miz (weren't they called the Screaming Egos or something?) would be good tag teams.

The tag team division won't come back, though.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
no on both accounts.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
WWE needs people who are over with the audience to form tag teams. Right now it's just a bunch of midcarders and jobbers. Until that happens, there won't be a tag team revival. It's just people thrown together because they have nothing else to do.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I think Swagger/Ziggler has potential. They have both main evented ppvs and tv shows. If they are pushed as a really strong team and occasionally main event tv shows in a tag match like Cena/Punk/Kofi/Truth vs Tensai/Bryan/Swagger/Ziggler, then they could make the division strong again by making it look like they belong in the ring with the top guys.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
WWE needs people who are over with the audience to form tag teams. Right now it's just a bunch of midcarders and jobbers. Until that happens, there won't be a tag team revival. It's just people thrown together because they have nothing else to do.
They need to hand the tag-team booking over to one person who can run it almost as a separate brand, I'd give it to Jimmy Hart since Cornette is in ROH. That booker would be able to veto the pointless title changes and keep the belts on established tag-teams.

More than anything else though, what's really needed is the same stroke of luck WWE got when Chyna was Women's champion. She left as champ during the Alliance storyline and there wasn't time to deal with it immediately. At the same time, Finlay had come joined WWE after the buyout and had been made head trainer to the women. This meant that the women had all improved considerably by the time the time belt was relaunched and the 2002-2005 division was the result.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts