Wrestling Forum banner

WWE Has Posted several Job Listing

2135 Views 21 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  dxbender
WWE has posted several job listings on their corporate website including Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs; Supervising Producer, WWE Programming; Administrative Assistant - Creative Writing. The job listings can be accessed at NoDQ.com.This is the oppunity for those qualifed who said they could do a better job if they were in the WWE so here is your chance.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
The only problem is, is that they hire writers who have Hollywood experience, with little to no knowledge of the product.

You can't help but think that a person who is a fan, along with being a credible writer, where they could take the company in the future. The only downside to that, of course, is Vince McMahon. He's got the final say in everything, regardless of how good a writer you are.

I would love to take a stab at it. I've done freelance for PWTorch in the past, personal creative writing at home and have been watching wrestling for 30 years now. I think I know a bit about what's going on, inside and outside of the ring.

· Registered
5,515 Posts
Nobody from here will ever get a job in WWE creative.

I was listening to an interview with a well known former WWE creative team member (who just recently left WWE writing team) and he clearly stated that they are looking for people who have hollywood writing experience and/or have been involved in writing for TV shows. They are not looking for marks, having slight knowledge of wrestling maybe a bonus bonus but they are not interested in wrestling fans to be writers.

If you send in you're application and you do not have years hollywood writing experience or have never been involved in writing a tv show you will not be considered. If you send in you're application and you say how much you love wrestling and wwe and how much you would love to write stories for such and such you will be laughed at and you're application thrown in the bin. This is not me saying this, this is what the former WWE writer said.

He actually said knowledge of wrestling etc can work against you as they think you will be a mark around wrestlers and not able to get the job done properly.

As they are looking for a more entertainment based show they want people who have years of past experience and success in writing tv shows/movies.

As for admin assistant, you will probably be required to make the tea/ coffee. Clean the tables, make sure ideas from the creative team are promptly passed onto Mr. McMahon etc. Basically the creative teams little bitch.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts

· Registered
988 Posts
For everyone's information, it's damn near impossible to get a job or even an internship with WWE unless you have an in. Case in point, last year they were taking interns for the Spring Semester and my buddy Ron literally called 100s of times to get in on his own. He never got through to anyone, ever. So, being an ex army figure, he called a buddy of his, who just so happened to be the pilot that flew them around more often than not during tribute to the troops. The pilot's exact words, "give me 2 minutes and I'll call you back." Less than 2 minutes later, and he gets the call from the pilot saying, "you're in." And got to intern there for 5 months. The main point here is if you don't have an in to the company as good as this and are even the least bit qualified, or even qualified, you aren't getting in. I've been looking at that creative writing job for more than a year now and have applied three times and still nothing. I'm an experienced journalist, with 4 years of professional experience, but I don't have the in that he, or the people the hire do. I'm going to keep trying and see if anything comes of it, but I just wanted to give a little insight for those looking to get in here. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.