Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are my thoughts based on what I've seen in the last few months and they're JMO.......

Decisions aren't made from a product standpoint anymore now that WCW/NWA is gone and they've gone public.

Instead, they're made from a corporate POV that holds ratings, profits, image, and shareholders above all else.

Everything from the quality of matches, to the reduction of violence and brutality, to the booking/creative decisions; there's so much I could go into but it might take up a couple of pages.

Why else would they have Cena get another stupid title reign? Same shit with Kelly Kelly beating Beth in her hometown.

Besides Punk's epic promo and The Rock's confrontation with Cena, I couldn't remember anything else from RAW this year; what happened to putting on good matches in the ring and finding creative ways to entertain outside of it?

It almost seems like they sold themselves out just to be seen as a legitimate company in the eyes of the general public.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
You can't remember Truth's heel turn? Or Kevin Nash getting the What treatment? Vince losing his job? Your memory must suck. Eat more vegetables please.

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STFU, smark. I swear, there's way too many tards and youngins on here that post like they work for the WWE with their blind homerism.

You guys sound like little Johnny Aces so much I might have to recommend some chapstick.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Kelly Kelly and cena won, big deal. Who really gives a fuck? The punk/triple h match was good, just learn to enjoy the good parts of the product and stop focusing on the negative.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
These are my thoughts based on what I've seen in the last few months and they're JMO.......

Decisions aren't made from a product standpoint anymore now that WCW/NWA is gone and they've gone public.

WWE went public during the attitude era...are you saying the product has been in steady decline for 15 years? You're a fucking idiot if that's what you're saying.

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WWE went public during the attitude era...are you saying the product has been in steady decline for 15 years? You're a fucking idiot if that's what you're saying.
How old are you?

They went public in '99 or '00, and since you use the term "attitude era" like you read it in a history book, you've had to have grown up with Cena and Orton as your heroes.

Don't lie....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Anyone who supports wwe are sheep. The company has lost it's identity, it's like some shithead like Vince Russo secretely bought the company from Vince a few years back lol. 2000 WCW is laughing at 2011 wwe.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Anyone who supports wwe are sheep. The company has lost it's identity, it's like some shithead like Vince Russo secretely bought the company from Vince a few years back lol. 2000 WCW is laughing at 2011 wwe.
what happened to the IM NEVER WATCHING WWE AGAIN, bullshit you were spouting of few weeks ago? face it wwe is like cigarettes to you it may have a nasty after taste but your addicted to it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
what happened to the IM NEVER WATCHING WWE AGAIN, bullshit you were spouting of few weeks ago? face it wwe is like cigarettes to you it may have a nasty after taste but your addicted to it.
I don't watch. I ff through raw every week for the most part, i didn't even watch this ppv just read the results lol. I did watch the end of the main event though because everyone was hyping it up to be like the attitude era days lol. Not even close.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
I'd've loved to have been around during the Golden Age, but fuck you I wasn't. Stop acting like stupid shit didn't happen before the Attitude Era and that everything about the product was amazing before the fall of the competition.

Wrestling has always been about money. WWE is making shit tonnes of it. The current era is practically a license to print money for the WWE.

Don't like it? Don't fucking watch it.

·
That Balotelli Swag!
505 Posts
I really doubt endofdays or shattered dreams were even born before 2000.

·
THE CORPOLUTIONSTRY
1,972 Posts
So you're suggesting that a company that has tried to eliminate the word 'wrestling' from its vocabulary is selling out and not concentrating on the wrestling?

God, you're so smart.

I'm pretty pleased with WWE lately. I find the product compelling and difficult to predict. There are a lot of young guys on the roster who are promising, and I'm excited to see them become the main eventers that they're destined to be.

What people (like you) fail to realize is that WWE lost an incredible number of its top stars in the last few years. HBK, HHH (until recently), Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Edge, Batista, and Undertaker are all gone. Kane and Big Show, who could also fit into those roles, have had limited involvements lately as well. This shit isn't going to happen overnight. Sit back and watch it happen; quit crying because things aren't the way they used to be.

·
WITNESS ME
727 Posts
I quit watching after Wrestlemania and haven't looked back until about three days ago to be honest (speaking of which, can some one give me a quick recap of the year since Wrestlemania? Rep4u r something).

There are a few big things that I'm waiting for before really getting back into it, but I'm keeping semi up to date. Namely... Waiting for the next Wrestlemania when Danielson becomes champ. At least that's what I'm hoping for. Total main event change would be good for entertainment reasons. Cena ain't goin nowhere anytime soon though, imo. Nor will WWE business practices. I've mostly gotten over that though.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
How old are you?

They went public in '99 or '00, and since you use the term "attitude era" like you read it in a history book, you've had to have grown up with Cena and Orton as your heroes.

Don't lie....
there is so much fpalm in that post....i was off on the IPO release, but the rest of my post remains unchanged. I refuse to entertain your troll of "YOU MUST LOVE CENA!"

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Their identity has almost always been sports entertainment. They're actually losing their identity when they focus more on the wrestling aspects.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The company pretty much sucks on most levels. Heels are cheered, faces are booed (constantly and with genuine hate). This due to the fans craving change and WWE just never delivering. The company is sinking. Personally I think it's a good thing and just might open the door for another company (dun think TNA has any merit though).

·
Banned
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there is so much fpalm in that post....i was off on the IPO release, but the rest of my post remains unchanged. I refuse to entertain your troll of "YOU MUST LOVE CENA!"
You never said how old you were, and my money is on pre high school years.

I'd've loved to have been around during the Golden Age, but fuck you I wasn't. Stop acting like stupid shit didn't happen before the Attitude Era and that everything about the product was amazing before the fall of the competition.

Wrestling has always been about money. WWE is making shit tonnes of it. The current era is practically a license to print money for the WWE.

Don't like it? Don't fucking watch it.
STFU with that crap and don't talk to me like alot of these posters who think they know it all but don't even know what the real world is like yet.

Vince doesn't have anyone looking over his shoulder in the ratings, so he can make the safe moves that will get him a little extra money, and it's along the same lines with the image he has crafted for the WWE going into the middle part of the last decade.

Like I said, if WWE hadn't gone corporate, decisions like handing Cena the belt to maintain the status quo wouldn't have happened.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Btw, good thread. Shame so many fans are sheep these days, know no better and are willing to accept mediocrity. I've said it once and I'll say it again...the death of WCW/ECW really is proving to be the eventual death of WWE. Sink away WWE...sink away.

A good wrestling program is an art form. This is anything but.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Uh, the entire wrestling business has never been about anything but making money.

The WWE is more focused and more unified as a company and a corporate entity now than they have been at most points in the past. You not liking the direction doesn't mean it's not there.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I think they have lost their product identity in recent years. Like, what is the overall direction of the product on a whole? Is it towards hipper, younger talent? No, not really. Is it TV PG? Well, not quite as they've moved away from that a little recently with allowing more cursing and such? So, is it moving more towards TV 14? Well, not really. Much about the product is still very PG and that doesn't seem to be changing. Is it moving towards the CM Punk "reality era"? Not really. They only person they seem to be going that direction with is Punk.

They want the product to be part of a larger "entertainment" brand, but they utterly fail at everything aside from wrestling, and even that is not very good. So what is this product? Not to come across as an AE mark, because I'm certainly not, but at least at that time you had a firm idea of what wrestling was. It was a bunch of crazy, over-the-top wrestlers doing "xtreme" stuff that was sometimes funny, sometimes violent, and sometimes completely stupid. What is the product now? What is the overall direction? I bet people in the company don't even know and that's the problem.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts