Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watch a lot of tv shows, as i'm sure a lot of others here do. Just to name a few popular tv shows that i'm sure a lot of members here might watch, some names are:

Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, etc...

Now. Think to yourself how "bad" you feel WWE is right now. The popular opinion around here seems to be that WWE is shit. ie - if you were to give recent WWE booking and storylines a grade from 1 to 10, odds are majority of people would give it below 5, and probably a lot of 1s and 2s.

Now think about all the other popular tv shows you watch...are any of those any less than a 7? Definitely not for me. Most TV shows I watch i'm super into, and I would grade them as 9s or 10s, "maybe" 8. Anything below that i usually give up on pretty quickly.

Yet WWE (or RAW) is the only show I watch, knowing it sucks, but i keep watching just because I know it has the potential to hit a 10.

WM 30 was a 10 (Bryan, and Austin/Rock/Hogan, Lesnar, etc). Taker/HBK WM25 was a 10. Rock's return to raw in 2011 was a 10. CM Punk Pipebomb was a 10. So much of the in between of all those things though are like 2s and 3s and 4s though.

It's really stupid when you think of it. I feel as though during the monday night wars, the product was closer to a 10, or at least a 7+ every week. It never dipped this low, and certainly not for long stretches.

I guess my point is. If you compare WWE to other TV shows, it's lacking big time.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
nope....
I like watching NXT and raw more than reaking Bad, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, etc...

they seems stupid and out of touch,.
they are trying to be too much serious.

WWE is stupid and fun.
guys in underpants beating each other up.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
I actually watch very little television, the only thing i watch is sports and wrestling.. I don't consider WWE bad otherwise i wouldn't watch it. It just could be a lot better, it's like they don't care about putting out the best product possible anymore.. They have no competition and that's one of the problems.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I watch a lot of tv shows, as i'm sure a lot of others here do. Just to name a few popular tv shows that i'm sure a lot of members here might watch, some names are:

Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, etc...

Now. Think to yourself how "bad" you feel WWE is right now. The popular opinion around here seems to be that WWE is shit. ie - if you were to give recent WWE booking and storylines a grade from 1 to 10, odds are majority of people would give it below 5, and probably a lot of 1s and 2s.

Now think about all the other popular tv shows you watch...are any of those any less than a 7? Definitely not for me. Most TV shows I watch i'm super into, and I would grade them as 9s or 10s, "maybe" 8. Anything below that i usually give up on pretty quickly.

Yet WWE (or RAW) is the only show I watch, knowing it sucks, but i keep watching just because I know it has the potential to hit a 10.

WM 30 was a 10 (Bryan, and Austin/Rock/Hogan, Lesnar, etc). Taker/HBK WM25 was a 10. Rock's return to raw in 2011 was a 10. CM Punk Pipebomb was a 10. So much of the in between of all those things though are like 2s and 3s and 4s though.

It's really stupid when you think of it. I feel as though during the monday night wars, the product was closer to a 10, or at least a 7+ every week. It never dipped this low, and certainly not for long stretches.

I guess my point is. If you compare WWE to other TV shows, it's lacking big time.
The difference is that those shows are half an hour or one hour long, air twelve or thirteen times in a year and are done 6 months in advance with tons of time and preparation. WWE has to do 5 hours of television every week and make sure everything makes sense. It's hard to put out that much television and have it be good most of the time. Usually when the shows need to be good they are so at least there's that. You couldn't create a great 3 hour show for 52 weeks straight even if you had Scorsese, Paul Thomas Anderson and the Coen brothers directing and Nobel laureates as writers let alone a wrestling show created by people who constantly need to draw live audiences and sell PPVs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts