Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might not like this but its the truth its clearly WWE Sees Kelly as The Face Of The Divas Div and they had her stand up to everone one who tried to take her down and keeps proving that she not a fluke champion.

Kelly's Wins Since becoming Champion: Beat Both Bellas,has out smarted Nattie & Beth number of times and has 2 victories over Beth so IMO WWE has done a good job in booking Kelly As A Fighting Champion.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
The booking the their feud has been terrible.

Where's the struggle in the underdog finally beating the dominate opponent ?
It's no where to be found since she's already beaten Beth and her partner twice.

·
Breaking kayfabe to get over.
1,377 Posts
...keeps proving that she not a fluke champion...
If Kelly's "a fighting champion", why has she been recently winning her matches via roll-ups and not instead using her finisher on Natalya and Beth and picking up the win with a normal pinfall?
CP89, if that isn't retaining the title by fluke wins, I don't know what is.

·
Banned
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If Kelly's "a fighting champion", why has she been recently winning her matches via roll-ups and not instead using her finisher on Natalya and Beth and picking up the win with a normal pinfall?
She a fighting champion cause she never back downs and is not scared to face anyone,asfor her roll-ups win hey it don't matter how you win aslong as you get the job done and thats what Kelly does.

·
Registered
309 Posts
She a fighting champion cause she never back downs and is not scared to face anyone,asfor pn he roll-ups win hey it don't matter how you win aslong as you the job done and thats what Kelly does.
Sounds le something Booker T would say lol

·
Fairy Hunter
1,782 Posts
She a fighting champion cause she never back downs and is not scared to face anyone,asfor her roll-ups win hey it don't matter how you win aslong as you the job done and thats what Kelly does.
1. If Kelly isn't scared to face anyone, why was she scared shitless when Kharma arrived to WWE earlier this year? You could tell by the look on her face that she wanted nothing to do with her.

2. A couple roll-ups here and there are fine, but consistently using them to win matches doesn't spell out 'champion' in my book. To be a good champion, you have to win matches via normal pinfall or submission. Sure, there may be times were a roll-up is necessary to pick up the victory, but using it all the time makes you look like a fluke because that makes others assume you don't have the ability to win via the other two ways I mentioned.

·
Cult of Personality
245 Posts
I diagree with the 'as long as you get it done it doesn't matter how' bit. If Kelly is meant to be a fighting champion then surely she would refuse to take a cheap victory via rollup, instead opting to take her opponent out with her finisher or a submission. I agree that they see her as the face of the division but this fued is completely backwards. Surely it should be the plucky underdog goodguy Kelly doing her best to beat and outwrestling the sneaky underhanded bad guy Beth only to lose in the cheapest of legal ways. I undersand that doesn't match their respective talents and abilities and they picked Kelly to be the face of the division but surely they could have had Beth win the title when Kelly did and have a similar sitution to the one they do now simply with Beth, the champion, in Kelly's role and Kelly, the underdog, trying to win her first ever title after something like 6 years in the company.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Some of you might not like this but its the truth its clearly WWE Sees Kelly as The Face Of The Divas Div and they had her stand up to everone one who tried to take her down and keeps proving that she not a fluke champion.
This is where the current feud she's in kind of conflicts with this, and the booking of Kelly Kelly is questionable.

Every single time Kelly has won against Beth it's been with a rollup which IS a flukey move to win a match. She can't win straight up with her finisher, she has to catch somone with a fluke move to get the win. This feud has shown that Beth/Natalya are actually better than Kelly but she's managed to fluke her way to victory various times. That's how I see it anyways.

If Beth wins clean tomorrow that kind of theory would be confirmed too, because Beth wouldnt win with a rollup, she would win with a finisher. Showing that without getting caught with a cheap, flukey move, she would beat Kelly Kelly.

...I used the word 'fluke' a lot in that post...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, I love it when they book the same tag match every week

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Of course she never back downs and is not scared to face anyone. Her plot armor and booking make her invincible to the laws of reality. Imagine if Cena or HHH started winning all their matches by quick roll-ups instead finishers (unless that's seriously her finisher); it would be terrible.

Kelly doesn't do hard-fought battles and doesn't leave her opponents lying on the ground. She pins and gets the hell out of there.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
while your reasoning OP is wrong, i agree with you. it wouldnt look believable if kelly managed to beat beth or natalya with her finisher...at least not yet. so far she has out smarted her opponents. yes, her wins are fluke-ish...however she continues to outsmart them and get the W. the next step is to make kelly look tough and scrappy and thats why i think she'll retain (again)at hell in a cell. you're right, she's the face of the division and needs to look credible. if she looks credible, especially as a champion, the whole division will benefit from it. everyone wants beth or natalya to have the title. if that happened, NO ONE WOULD GIVE A FUCK after about 3 weeks...and that might be a bit extreme. i think the ppv AFTER HIAC, thats when she loses her title...maybe wait til survivor series, but regardless, i dont think kelly will lose at HIAC. i think they need to make her look tougher and scrappy. yeah you're right, she wont back down...and thats a good thing. next thing they have to do is make her look like she can hang and that she's a legit contender.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
If Layla had the title and was booked this way, everyone person who cares about the divas would think they are booking her great, but since it's a generally disliked diva around here, the booking is shit.

·
Super Moderator
19,331 Posts
I absolutely agree Dan.

It seems like WWE wanted to get Kelly Kelly over with the kids and they have. So they have, indeed, done a great job with that.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Having a champion who consistently wins with fluke roll-ups is not good booking. Even underdog characters need to garner hard fought victories when pushed to the limit.

If Kelly Kelly wins at the PPV by actually wrestling Beth and pinning her following a finisher, it'll be a good start to a well booked champion.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts