Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I genuinely love that Vince plays to the beat of his own drum. The fan base is so authoritarion these days so I love when Vince throws it in their face that they don't run the company.

Also, I love how they're brave enough to take risks like this. It's things like this that will go down in history as big shocking, moments.

I respect the WWE for their balls.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
It wasn't a big shock or anything, just a stupid decision that will be remembered like Khali and Swagger's title reigns. I'd be more shocked if he took the title off AJ Styles.

·
♚
1,109 Posts
Nobody gives a fuck about Jinder Mahal. At least Roman Reigns gets the biggest boo of the night.. nobody buys a Jinder Mahal t-shirt. People are sitting on their hands in any sort of match or segment to do with him. Plus, he's a fucking jobber. This wasn't smart or clever but I'm sure that's what they think it is. Nobody cares now about Jinder Mahal and nobody will care in 30 years either. He didn't earn this and it stains the legacy of the title, spits in the face of past champions, and especially recent champions.. someone like Bray Wyatt who busted his ass for YEARS before finally getting that title. This is so bad that it is laughable.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Nobody gives a fuck about Jinder Mahal. At least Roman Reigns gets the biggest boo of the night.. nobody buys a Jinder Mahal t-shirt. People are sitting on their hands in any sort of match or segment to do with him. Plus, he's a fucking jobber. This wasn't smart or clever but I'm sure that's what they think it is. Nobody cares now about Jinder Mahal and nobody will care in 30 years either. He didn't earn this and it stains the legacy of the title, spits in the face of past champions, and especially recent champions.. someone like Bray Wyatt who busted his ass for YEARS before finally getting that title. This is so bad that it is laughable.
Didn't deserve it? Yeah because Jinder just came out of NXT a couple years ago and was just given a shot. He wasn't protected like many other wrestlers. He jobbed for years and didn't complain. Never a wellness violation, never seen him in the news for some kind of bad behavior, never a bad thing said about him. The guy paid his dues and it's good for other wrestlers to see someone get the title, for whatever behind the scenes reason it might be.

You need to switch to decaf and enjoy the show a little more.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wasn't a big shock or anything, just a stupid decision that will be remembered like Khali and Swagger's title reigns. I'd be more shocked if he took the title off AJ Styles.
It absolutely was a shock. The majority were positive Jinder was losing. The fans reactions after the match proves that.

lol you can say all that but it isn't true. This has shaken the entire wrestling community. A lot of people are either loving this or outraged.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Insert any jobber where Jinder is right now and the shock value marks would be rejoicing. Had Ellsworth won the title a while back this same thread would have been made.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,754 Posts
Yea because it takes balls to realize there's a few billion people in India the WWE needs to placate, what will take real balls is going to India and having AJ pin him for the belt.

If you were really shocked by this result....sorry you have not been paying attention to the sport for very long.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Actually, this is the polar opposite of balls. This is what happens when you have an absolute monopoly over the wrestling business. Jinder Mahal as champion would be like making Al Snow the champion in 1998. Do you think Al Snow would've ever won the title when Vince had WCW to deal with? Get real.

Balls would've been putting the title on whoever the jobber equivalent of Jinder would've been right after TNA moved to Monday nights, that would've been balls, and even then, TNA was so far behind WWE I don't know how it could've changed anything, but that would've been at least a risk that people wouldn't flock to the other show. This is nothing. This is as safe as it gets.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Vince just tainted the WWE title especially if Jinder fails as champion. It's gonna take more work to recover its image. Big names won that title in the past 5 years and now we have Jinder. Essentially Jinder is now Vince's new JBL/ADR. His gonna get a strong run as champion, but I'm not too sure until how long his run will last. Pretty much the WWE title has lost it's credibility among a lot of fans. Honestly I can't see many fans tuning in to watch Jinder as the champion. But you gotta give credit to Vince for actually trying to make Jinder into a star.

The way I see it now is WWE should have no issue in making Zayn, Ziggler, Harper, Rusev or Neville into their WWE Champion, especially if Jinder can win it who is less credible than the guys listed.

Reactions: Bret Hart

·
Registered
813 Posts
Mahals getting a long title reign because he doesn't need to sell merch but to expand the international market... At the very least we get a Summer of Jinder baby!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
He's been performing for 15 years in various independents & the big time, has improved his look, character & in ring work. I don't see why he doesn't deserve it. As for the no reaction remarks, I thought he actually got a decent reaction.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts