Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NoDQ.com > WWE > Roddy Piper Undergoing Emergency Neck Surgery
Posted by Dave Mitchell on 09/12/2011 at 10:56 AM

WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper is undergoing emergency neck surgery after a recent MRI revealed that he's been wrestling with a broken neck. Hot Rod is going under the knife today and wrote the following on Twitter regarding the situation.

Keep Piper in your thoughts - he clearly has a good attitude about the situation and says the thing he's scared of most is ugly nurses at the hospital.

Well Tweets. In 5 hours I'm being taken on a hard battle. I'll be 10 days in hospital, Doctors told me. So I figure give me a day!

Been asked Why? I don't really want to say, I was being stupied, things got out of hand!

I'll try to explain. At he time I was doing Fantasy Factory And WWE Access, I BROKE MY NECK! But I didn't know it! I knew I was Hurt, I [am] hurt all the time. I just thought the neck injury will go away. But after couple months my neck is hurting worse. No sleep from pain. So I go to best Doctors in Country. When Doc saw the MRI's he went into the 911 attitude fast. So now at 10 am. there cutting me open!

So just for the record, I beat, The Miz, Terry Funk, and 2 others guys with a brokrn neck!! All the Raws and WM where I broke it!

Some say I'm crazy! Doctors are telling me that there could be problems! Ya, if they give me ugly nurses!

There going to shave my hair, slash neck open, and take a chisel and hammer to my neck bones. That's in 5 hrs.Waiting 4 God to send Locusts

There's a bright side of geeting neck cut off. You get to wear bumless house coats. Great jello....help me out here!

Hospital update: Found out there asigning someone to my room 24/7..I getting pissed and called. They said hospital staff requested it! SUX'S

GOT TO GO AND GET CUT NOW! THERE USING ALL THE SMARTS THEY HAVE AT UCLA. I SAY, BRING IT ON!! CUT DEEP!! I'M NOT AFRAID ONE BIT!!!"

like him or hate him you gotta admitt

·
Registered
185 Posts
Kayfabe, he did put on a bad scottish accent and he was playing a character that was Scottish.

The Undertaker isn't actually dead just so you know.
I know that, no need to be a sarcastic dick, I bet if I met you in real life you wouldn't be like that but the cloak of the internet allows you to be a condescending nob. Anyway, it doesn't work with him having a kilt and pretending to be scottish when he clearly isn't.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I know that, no need to be a sarcastic dick, I bet if I met you in real life you wouldn't be like that but the cloak of the internet allows you to be a condescending nob. Anyway, it doesn't work with him having a kilt and pretending to be scottish when he clearly isn't.
I actually am very sarcastic in the real world as well, so yes i probably would have said that to your face. It was all meant in good humour so lighten up.

You have to remember it was a different time back then, the internet wasn't there when he started and kayfabe ruled all. So a scottish accent (albeit bad), a kilt, bagpipe music and being billed from Scotland was probably enough to fool the vast majority of people back then.

Hell i thought he was actually scottish when i was a kid!

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
UPDATE(since no one bothered) :

WWE Hall of Famer Rowdy Roddy Piper’s emergency surgery on Monday afternoon to repair a broken neck was a success.

The legendary superstar tweeted the following on Tuesday afternoon:

“Haven’t slept since Saturday. The Tweet I just posted I messed up. Doctors put me on slab Monday at 12 noon.

the doctors operated for 6.5 hours. I woke at 1 am Tuesday. At 3 am Tuesday I walked half the hospital hall ways by myself.

Broken neck is fixed. Have to stay in Hospital 10 days. I think I can get OT done in 5 days.

when I can walk better going to the kids cancer ward. Bravest people in the world. Will be in Orlando in 3.5 weeks.

also have a surprize for all of you. In 4 weeks. Your going to love it! Hot Rod”

http://twitter.com/#!/R_Roddy_Piper

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Growing up with Piper still active, you believed he was Scottish.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,761 Posts
He has a Scottish background so he is actually part Scottish, though born in Canada, so you lose, partially.

Anyone who hates Piper in any way should make the world a better place and off themselves.

Also, to the people who say he had a bad Scottish accent....I'm pretty sure he never tried to speak with one. Go away.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,761 Posts
I thought when I saw "WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper..." on the headline, I was going "FUCK NO!" in my head.

Glad to see he is better. Piper's Pit needs to make a comeback one time.
You'll know when 'that' happens because I will make a thread advertising my live suicide.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts