Wrestling Forum banner

WWE Going Backwards?

2248 Views 20 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Samee
So WWE is suppose to be in a youth movement. It seems that this wrestlemania season has seen the exact opposite though.

In the past month we have seen The Rock return and for the most part has distracted Cena (another veteran) away from a feud from a new main eventer (The Miz)

Triple H (veteran) is wrestling Undertaker (veteran) with rumors of HBK (veteran) returning as special guest referee

Jerry Lawler (Veteran) is wrestling Michael Cole (veteran.....announcer, I guess) and we also saw Stone Cold (veteran) return for the match as well as JBL (veteran)

Trish Stratus (veteran) is returning next week to raw for a match

I guess my point is, do you think it is wise for WWE to be focusing so much on the veterans for Wrestlemania? Should they be focusing more on the up and comers and pushing guys more?

What are your thoughts on this current "anti-youth movement" in WWE?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
um, someone with a reputation has to be used to put over the youth
How are any of the examples I just gave, an example of what you are talking about? Most of the matches I referred to are veterans against veterans. not veterans putting over new guys.

· Registered
1,446 Posts
So WWE is suppose to be in a youth movement. It seems that this wrestlemania season has seen the exact opposite though.

In the past month we have seen The Rock return and for the most part has distracted Cena (another veteran) away from a feud from a new main eventer (The Miz)

Triple H (veteran) is wrestling Undertaker (veteran) with rumors of HBK (veteran) returning as special guest referee

Jerry Lawler (Veteran) is wrestling Michael Cole (veteran.....announcer, I guess) and we also saw Stone Cold (veteran) return for the match as well as JBL (veteran)

I guess my point is, do you think it is wise for WWE to be focusing so much on the veterans for Wrestlemania? Should they be focusing more on the up and comers and pushing guys more?

We have also seen the beginning of the end of the PG Era if you haven't noticed. ;) This is a good thing though. WWE finally realized that the current product just isn't getting the job done.

um, someone with a reputation has to be used to put over the youth
But that isn't happening. The older guys are facing the older guys. ;)

· Registered
10,918 Posts
We have also seen the beginning of the end of the PG Era if you haven't noticed. ;) This is a good thing though. WWE finally realized that the current product just isn't getting the job done.
How are we seeing the end of PG/ Why cause Rock said "ass" and "bitch"? Cena said "ass"? Miz said "ass"?

All that is PG!!!

PG is staying. WWE will just push the limits so that the product doesn't resemble a TV-Y program (a la 2009-2010)

The only thing that will truly piss me off under the PG rating is if I don't see blood in a high profile match with an intense build up. Which is why WWE better have some blood at WM 27 between HHH and Taker.

· Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

But that isn't happening. The older guys are facing the older guys. ;)
I for one am ok with the returns since it is Wrestelmania time and since WWE doesnt have the next batch of stars ready (i mean Rock, Austin, Cena level) yet they are bringing back the big guns, which is smart. Im jsut hoping this doesnt set WWE back 6 months with this youth movement. I would like to see a few more matches on the card that are either vets putting over newer guys or just all new guys in the match.

· Registered
1,446 Posts
How are we seeing the end of PG/ Why cause Rock said "ass" and "bitch"? Cena said "ass"? Miz said "ass"?

All that is PG!!!

PG is staying. WWE will just push the limits so that the product doesn't resemble a TV-Y program (a la 2009-2010)

The only thing that will truly piss me off under the PG rating is if I don't see blood in a high profile match with an intense build up. Which is why WWE better have some blood at WM 27 between HHH and Taker.
No it isn't PG at all. How many times did you hear either word until the past few weeks? Now we're constantly hearing those things and they aren't even getting beeped anymore. And we have already seen BLOOD, which was forbidden in the PG era. Face it, things are changing and lame ass PG era is over. WWE wants ratings.

14,519 Posts
No it isn't PG at all. How many times did you hear either word until the past few weeks? Now we're constantly hearing those things and they aren't even getting beeped anymore. And we have already seen BLOOD, which was forbidden in the PG era. Face it, things are changing and lame ass PG era is over. WWE wants ratings.

OH MY GOD BLOOD

HOLY FUCK THE PG ERA IS OVER

· Registered
1,446 Posts
There was quite a bit of blood when Punk had his nose broken and they even showed it on replays, which is something that normally wouldn't do in the PG era. ;) You can hope all you want but a few months from now you'll be looking back and thinking, "oh shit, exile was right again! :rolleyes:

· Banned
2,174 Posts

These guys'll tell you all about it
http://www.youtube.com/user/rvdtito4life?blend=1&ob=4

· Registered
865 Posts
How are any of the examples I just gave, an example of what you are talking about? Most of the matches I referred to are veterans against veterans. not veterans putting over new guys.
Well actually that's not true
  1. It's Miz vs Cena with Rock as possible ref
  2. then ADR vs Edge
  3. then Punk vs Orton
  4. I suppose u can have Cole vs Lawler but a youngin is in there too (Swagger)
  5. HHH vs Taker (this one is the only one that has no new talent in it, its a big match for the sake of a big match)
  6. Probables are Sheamus vs D. Bryan (2 new guys)
  7. Then there's MiTB which is mostly newbies
  8. And some Big Show vs Corre confrontation
  9. There is also the possibility of defending the tag titles

For the most part it's an unestablished talent vs. an established talent, and isn't that what the youth movement should be about? The returns are just there to hype the situation and in case u haven't noticed, The Rock-Cena thing is making Miz look good, he keeps coming out on top without any help.

People keep complaining that this WM doesn't have enough star power on it, to make up for that they are throwing as much in as they can without having them take too much of a role in the matches. It all comes down to how the WM is booked to see if the youth movement is really serious. If mostly new talent goes over then they are serious if the usual crop wins then we can question it.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
PG era isnt over, they are just being smarter with what PG means.
oh hey look, common sense in the building.

the shows they have been putting on have only even been PG because there was wrestling. without the wrestling, it was practically G. what they're doing now, it's still not much outside the confines of PG. if anything, they're just transitioning to a smarter model of what they wanted to achieve in the first place.

· Registered
2,220 Posts
to the op : i dont understand what your saying....

ADR, MIZ, are both in title matches at wrestlemania. Plus, CODY RHODES, JACK SWAGGER, and CM PUNK are all in the top 6 matches on the ppv. IMO, this is exactly what it shud be. if it would be all younger talent then wrestlemania wouldnt draw well. if it was older talent then you would have a fair point.

The way it is now though is perfect because you have the older credible talent helping elevate the younger less credible talent in high profile maatches...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.