Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not necessarily referring to last night (for instance I believe Punk's push is still ongoing), but in general. They "push" someone in a weak manner, make them a weak chickensh-t, then when they're not mega-over, shunt them down to the midcard.

Someone needs to remind the front office that a certain HHH was not over as a main event heel in his first big push either. WWE spent the entire summer of 1999 pushing HHH. He won the title just after Summerslam and still was not over. He did rambling promo after rambling promo, he brandished the sledgehammer, called himself The Game, he had to have Shane McMahon come do promos with him. still nothing. He feuded with Austin, he lost the title to Vince McMahon (lol)... it was a non-stop God push, until the "McMahon-Helmsley Era" finally got him over a true main event level heel.

Now, they keep a guy in midcard, book him like a midcarder, then one day give them the title... and if they're not automatically over, punt him back to the midcard.

All the while CONVENIENTLY IGNORING the vital role that "Creative" plays in getting a guy to the main event level.

This is why WWE has so few main event level guys.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
what they did to adr makes no sense

what a waste of the rumble and mitb

booked weak before mania lost to Christin several times and lost clean to edge

was booked weak before cash in even losing to punk clean on raw and loses to cena clean 1 ppv after his cash in title win

·
Registered
158 Posts
he's most certainly not out of the main event picture. You cant really draw a conclusion in today's WWE because the story is always ongoing. Let's be honest though. Is it possible that taking the belt off of him so fast could make him a stronger contender as top heel on RAW? If its possible, then let it play out.

I personally think Del Rio lost because without the title he can do more to grow as a heel. It's hard to make him an equal to John Cena when he's just not as polarizing. Ideally you want a heel champion that the people care enough about to boo and cheer the same way they do the other main event guys. It wont be his last reign and he will probably be the one to win it off of Cena.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts