Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call this wishful thinking all you want as that may be the case. However, just from last mondays RAW it seems the wwe is getting slightly more...intense? Take the week before for example, Cena saying 'bitch' during his speech. May not mean much at all, but stood out like a sore thumb to me.
Also, Cena slamming Gabriel head 1st into a car this past monday night...looked pretty damn vicious to me.
And a TLC match with multiple tables smashed, ladders used properly and chairs getting multiple uses...how long as it been since Wwe has done this sort of thing outside a ppv?

I'm not saying OMFG its turning into attitude! huzzah! not at all, but these things seem a bit like a calm before the storm to me. Hopefully i'm correct and the wwe starts getting a bit more aggresive.

Reactions: Tony777

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
I thought the same thing. Probably just wishful thinking though. Its getting better I think thats for certain, apart from the pushes of Bryan and the depushes of MVP Swagger, Ziggler and Del Rio who keeps losing now.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
Honestly, it's moving to where it's supposed to be. TV-PG. We're just so used to getting the sterilized, kiddie TV-G that this seems a little edgier.

·
Registered
559 Posts
its def getting edgier. its still pg stuff, but less baby doo doo head garbage. cena is pissed, fans are 100% behind him with his new fuck you attitude and i think wwe just realized they dont have to be disney to be pg

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
If all this is true, then Mae Young will be known for ushering in the new Attitude Era. :shocked:

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
If all this is true, then Mae Young will be known for ushering in the new Attitude Era. :shocked:
Fourteen years from now we'll all be discussing the epic, famed and cherished "sluts and bitches" promo. Hahaha.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I was saying the same thing when Cena threw Gabriel into the window. I dont mind this stuff everyonce in a while and I like streetights and stuff as well. There just needs to be blood back on TV, just to give it a more real life feel. Im not saying every match but specialty matches 4 sure. with the last few raws and Triple H coming back soon and WW around the corner the WWE is looking in pretty good shape. I think the miz storyline will especially pickup after tonight.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Lol Good ol' Mae Young. Does seem though like they are gradually changing little things to the current product. I wouldn't get too carried away though tbf. Will be interesting to see what the WWE will be like a year from now.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
I still think Punk's constant gay joke undertones on RAW were better than anything the OP said.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
It certainly was noticeably different to previous weeks/months. I don't know what it can be put down to (I lie, Linda's Senate campaign), but a few months back you wouldn't see someone getting thrown head first into a car, then headfirst in to a pile of steel chairs, then FU'd onto the bonnet of the car. Same with 2 tables, a chair and a ladder being used convincingly as weapons in a match (albeit, I don't recall a TLC match happening since last years namesake PPV)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
When I saw that Gabriel's head broke the car window, I thought it was a total accident and was not supposed to happen.
Because damn that looked hard.

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
1998 is how you push the envelope on the TV-PG rating. WWE is just staying within their boundaries. However, compared to earlier this year, the product as of late (more so Cena) has had an "edge."

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
With that kind of finish at Survivor Series, there's no chance for attitude.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
With that kind of finish at Survivor Series, there's no chance for attitude.
Maybe that finish is metaphorical, out with the old Orton hugging emo Cena and in with the new Nexus wrecking ball wielding one.

Could just be those new writers and released ones showing their effect.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts