Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn,I can't believe I'm posting this,but hell with it... *flame-suit up*

Well,I was playing SD Vs Raw 07 last weekend,just for the lulz,and I started playing Career Mode with my old CAW

In that day,I fought through:
-A Heel Mid-Card Stable (formed by Carlito,Daivari and Chavo) who was taking out the Big Show because he was a menace.
-A heel Kurt Angle with Lita and Steph forming a prude group,trying to eliminate all the whores and non-pationate wrestlers out of the company (oh the irony)
-Trish Stratus double-crossing three guys at the time (not russo-like swerve,just an awesome on)

When I came up with this,I decided to also check SD Vs Raw 2006's and 2008's Story/Career Modes,and I found some good/great angles (but moreso in 06 and 07)

Well,I guess that probably most of the SD Vs Raw's and overall WWE Games (didn't play anything before 05 and only own from 06 onwards) are the not-accepted WWE storylines and that they're adapted to the game so we can feel the vibe of it more,but dammit,most of them were a lot better than most of current WWE storylines where the base is:

Guy wants title. Guy faces champion.

or

Face wants to destroy the bully in the heel. They face off

I know I'll probably get flamed for this but if you look at it,it's true! I didn't check the latest RWTM or even most of the 2010 ones,but at least half of 2009's are better than the current product!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
The old games did have pretty fucking awesome storylines. So far, from what i've played of the Road to Wrestlemania stories of SvR2010 and Svr2011 it seems pretty uninspired:

SvR2010:
John Cena or Triple H taking on the other one plus Big Show for the 'Champion of Champions'
Other ones trying to get the title
Shawn Michaels trying to fight against JBL trying to retire him.

SvR2011 (what I've played so far):
Christian going for the WHC Title
Morrison, Ziggler, R-Truth or Kingston trying to end Undertaker's Streak.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I liked the Chris Jericho storyline in the 09 version.

I also liked the Eddie Guerrero/Taker storyline from 06, I don't really remember any of the other storylines tbh.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
SD! vs. Raw 2006 Story Mode was garbage, there were like 4 different stoylines.

2007 was a bit better but still lacking.

Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes the Pain had the best ones out of the SD! series.

But the WWE game with the best Story Mode I have ever played was Day of Reckoning 2 to the Gamecube, many peopel ignored this game and focused their attention on Sd vs. Raw 2006 but its Story Mode was vastly superior to the former.
It's a shame that Nintendo doesn't have exclusive WWE games anymore and has to stick with SD! games, N64 had the best wrestling games that beat the shit out of half the SD! games especially when it came to gameplay.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I like 2008 the best, I like how you can use Kane's mask in 2006... This has nothing to do with story, but reminded me of that.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Played through one RTW this year (well some of it) which was Taker's and while it has it moments, I don't really feel like playing through it. ALways preferred a real season

1 - 8 of 8 Posts