Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former WWE superstar Rene Dupree, who held WWE gold as part of "La Resistance" tag team, recently spoke to Slam Wrestling about the latest chapter in his career, wrestling in Japan and Europe. Dupree had some very harsh things to say about his time in WWE and Vince McMahon in particular.

"I was miserable the last three years I was in WWE, I was miserable, I hated it, because it's all politics," Dupree said. You have to kiss ass. In Japan, all you've got to do, is you've got to work hard, you've got to look good, and that's it. And that's what wrestling is all about. It's about the performance. It's not about how big you are, or how good of a promo you can cut. It's about if you can deliver in the ring."

Rene Dupree has dramatically changed his look since we last saw him in WWE. He's now sporting a goatee and is covered in tattoos on his chest, arms, shoulder and back (Picture).

"I've always wanted tattoos, ever since I was a little kid. Mind you, when I was 18 and I signed with WWE, and they had a strict policy, 'Oh no, you can't have tattoos without permission. Oh no, you can't do this, you can't do that.' Basically, when you sign a contract with WWE, you sell your soul. You can't take a sh*t without asking their permission. That's the bottom line, that's the truth. The hell with that shit. No. Here in Japan, I get a new tattoo, and the boys are like, 'Oh, sugoi (which means awesome), new tattoo.'"

He also had some choice words for Vince McMahon.

"I don't care how much money Vince McMahon has, Vince McMahon put my father out of business, for a lot of people. That was a very, very hard time in my life. That is very hard to forgive, very hard to forgive."
Source:twnpnews.com

I am a bit confused Mcmahon put Renee's father out of business but Renee still signed a contract.

I get it not everyone likes it in WWE but no one forced him to sign that contract and the rules in WWE there in every work place not just WWE different rules but rules none the less.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
he's mad because you need to be entertaining out of the ring? how sad.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Source:twnpnews.com

I am a bit confused Mcmahon put Renee's father out of business but Renee still signed a contract.

I get it not everyone likes it in WWE but no one forced him to sign that contract and the rules in WWE there in every work place not just WWE different rules but rules none the less.
Growing up with his father being who he was, Rene was destined to have some sort of affection for pro-wrestling, then when WWE opened the door for him to join, he would of been a fool to turn them down (especially only being a teenager!).

Then I guess he got there and it wasn't all as it seemed from the outside so left as soon as he could and he seems happy in Japan, so good for him.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Wow.. would never have recognized him if it weren't for his name on his underwear.

I mean I understand and get people getting tatoos to resemble things that are dear to their hearts or things they believe in like symbols or names of a family member but what the bloody hell possessed him to get a dam cupboard or whatever that is on his chest?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
he got one thing right , wwe is all about politics but saying that that wrestling isn't about how good of a promo you can cut, now that is stupid, that's like my favorite part of watching wrestling, its to see all the promos and stuff. man he is stupid. and did wwe really have a strict policy on tattoos?, didn't randy get tattoos all over his arms? and even edge added some on his arms too, doesn't make sense at all.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
So...................

You're bitter because Vince put daddy out of business. :no:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
WWE may be about politics but you'll get that anywhere. H's wrong when he talks about promos not being a part of mainstream wrestling. If you can't talk for shit, apart from a few exceptions, you're not gonna get that far.

·
Premium Member
43,613 Posts
Well he's right to a point. I mean being a Pro Wrestler has got to be the WORST job ever.

- You work roughly 300 dates a year, on the road, year round, obviously with no off season.
- No health insurance, retirement plan, or benefits of any kind. And there is no union to make sure the wrestlers get these things.
- They say you are an independent contractor, which means they don't have to give you benefits, but they aren't allowed to work anywhere else, so they are really employees. Vince just wants to keep his business out of the red, and one of the ways to do that is to NOT have to pay taxes on them or give them benefits, yet he somehow has full control over them. Its the most ridiculous system ever.
- Vince doesn't allow the wrestlers to have agents, which means they are signing these contracts without anybody checking them out to make sure they are being paid what they are worth & that the wrestler understands everything in the contract.
- With the major competition WCW out of the way, Vince holds all the cards and if they don't accept what Vince gives them, the talents are basically fucked.

If you think about it, its damn near close to slave labor, and if Linda McMahon's political opponents REALLY wanted to use some ammo, they'd take a look into this. TNA, ROH, & most other companies aren't much better, but they aren't nearly as successful as the WWE either.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts

He signed because it was a great opportunity for an 18-year-old from the maritime region. And, also, his father was still in business for quite a while AFTER he signed.

Incidentally, not many workplaces have rules saying you can't get ink... As long as it's not on your hands or face, but then you'd be a moron to do either if you intend to be gainfully employed.

That said, his tattoos are fucking awful and his goatee makes him look like a rent boy.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
WWE may be about politics but you'll get that anywhere. H's wrong when he talks about promos not being a part of mainstream wrestling. If you can't talk for shit, apart from a few exceptions, you're not gonna get that far.
You mean as far as the main event. Even making it to the WWE is far enough to be honest.

Obviously if you want to main event in the WWE you need to talk to be able to build a story and gain viewers interest. Only exceptions are freaks like a Lesnar, Batista or Goldberg as their characters already sell themselves.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
If you can't talk for shit, apart from a few exceptions, you're not gonna get that far.
Try telling that to AJ Styles. One of the worst promos in the history of the business and some shortbus-riding fucknugget decided to try and build a company around him.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
So a major company that he worked for didn't want him to get tattoos without checking with them first. Since his job is to be on national television where most of his body is exposed.

OMG THE WWE IS SATAN

1 - 20 of 90 Posts