Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.examiner.com/article/wwe-exclusive-hulk-hogan-walks-from-wwe-offer-over-cm-punk-dispute

WWE Examiner has just learned from sources close to WWE that the published reports surfacing Monday regarding Hulk Hogan returning to work at TNA and declining an offer from WWE are, in fact, correct. But money was not the root cause of the issue that prevented Hogan from returning "home" to World Wrestling Entertainment.

A source close to individuals in direct talks with Hulk Hogan tells WWE Examiner that creative differences were just as damaging to the negotiations as WWE's "low-ball" offer to get Hogan back in the company.

Although The Rock and Brock Lesnar earn in one match what Hogan would have earned over the course of the 12-month contract he was offered by WWE, Hulk Hogan was reportedly more discouraged by the names of current WWE superstars that the company's creative team had in mind to pit against Hogan for a "farewell run" of matches leading up to April's historic production of WrestleMania XXX.

WWE Examiner learned that Hogan purportedly wanted to work with CM Punk, but WWE felt that Punk's star has now risen so high that the Straight Edge Superstar needs to work a main event, not a nostalgia match with Hogan.

We've also learned that the WWE hasn't given up on a "dream match" scenario that could put CM Punk in the ring with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Industry insiders say Austin would likely prove a much bigger draw than Hogan for WrestleMania XXX because the Texas Rattlesnake has been away from the ring for so long.

Unfortunately for the Hulkster, although WWE definitely wanted Hogan at WrestleMania XXX in New Orleans, the match WWE had in mind was simply not "good enough" for the aging Real American in red and yellow.

The source was not familiar with who the company pitched to wrestle against Hogan, although the rumor mill says it was either Jack Swagger or Fandango.

As of this writing, neither Hulk Hogan nor the WWE have offered official comment on the matter or why talks ultimately fell apart.

Would you have wanted to see Hulk Hogan square off against CM Punk at WrestleMania XXX?
idk how true this but if it is true thank god. I never wanted to see Punk vs Hogan and I believe no way CM Punk would want to work with Hogan ever

·
Stopping The Show
1,973 Posts
Damn never realized just how low the WWE viewed there once greatest superstar....getting paid in a year what Rock and Brock got for one or two matches... and Cm Punk being above feuding with him.

He is now officially on Hacksaw Jim Duggan level.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i dont want to see hulk hogan wrestle anyone again i wish these legends would just leave when the time is right and not just keep coming back for more and more

·
Registered
910 Posts
Bit of a misleading title, nevertheless hell no. Punk is good in the ring, but even he wouldn't be able to carry Hogan in 2013. Hogan simply isn't on Rock/Lesnar's level anymore in terms of Box Office.

Punk vs Austin is the bigger match and would be an incredible feud. The only semi-realistic dream match left really.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I bet Hogan asked to wrestle Cena (or Punk as a back up) and then they offered him Swagger or Fandango! I would have loved to see his face brother!

·
Locker Room Leader
12,165 Posts
Fandango has a better leg drop.

Reactions: BarackYoMama

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
Ouch, that offer sounds insulting as much as a wrestling offer to Hulk Hogan can possibly be. And if Hogan were to ever wrestle, ignoring his totally crippled state and old age right now, Punk vs Hogan does sound quite intriguing I have to admit, at least promo wise. The match would still be a total disaster but the atmosphere alone would carry it.

Reactions: SinJackal

·
Banned
13,409 Posts
It sort of makes sense with Jack Swagger.. Since he's the all American American, and portray's a patriotic man with Zeb Coulter.. And Hulk Hogan is all about 'MURICA... But Fandango?..

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Are we sure this story isn't complete BS (other than talks between the two fell through)? Looking at other stories from that site it might be.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
What an absolute disgrace the WWE is.

I don't even like Hogan and think he is overrated, but pray tell how CM Punk is above working with one of the greatest of all time?

Seems to me Hogan would clearly put over Punk yet somehow this is perceived as 'beneath' him.

I agree, yeah like Hogan is really gonna work with fucking fandango or swagger fpalm

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hogan should never wrestle at all. I just wanted him at WM30 for an apperance not a match

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.