Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Vince should just CGI the crowd in at this point, then he can finally tell them who they should cheer and boo.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,700 Posts
They piped in the "hair dryer" cheers on the live broadcast, but it wasn't enough to drown out the boos, which they finally did in post-production for YouTube. The people HATE Rollins, but once again, WWE just sticks their head in the sand.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It wasn't just Rollins. They piped in a ton of boos for Asuka and Kairi winning as well. Asuka actually got a pop when she beat Becky, but WWE edited that into boos instead.
wow that's just sad. Wonder if Kratos knows about this

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's been happening for years.

People talk about ECW having die hard fans that always showed up, but nobody ever talks about the solid 2 year stretch in the early 2000's where SmackDown would somehow have the exact same crowd sounds at every show.

It's as if a company as big as WWE, who shoot weekly television around the globe, would spend any money on production? It'll never change and it has become much worse.

The company will always disguise the fact that their biggest babyface (so they think) is actually hated among many fans. They put a lot of stock into one person to lead a show or the whole company. More often than not, they pick the wrong people. Rollins is an example. Reigns is up there, but he's a bigger box-office draw than Rollins by far.

Also, at this point WWE should expect (what they would call crazy, bizarro land, 'the fans are having fun tonight' etc.) honest responses from European audiences and the UK in particular. They're all die-hard fans that get very little in regards to live events and pay-per-views, so they eat up the opportunity to just go wild and make as much a 'trending' impact as possible.

I feel the US audience has it much easier and often takes it for granted. RAW doesn't start until 1AM in the UK, so it's actually Tuesday Morning RAW. PPV events are the same and often don't finish until 5 or 6 in the morning; around the time most people get up for work on that same Monday. It's a big challenge to be an avid fan of WWE's television in the UK, especially considering the month+ delay on the most recent RAW and SmackDown episodes on the Network.

The beauty of that is that I can pick and choose whatever I want to watch in as much capacity as I like. The positives far outweigh the negatives. I've been watching RAW and SmackDown from 2001 for something different (better), so to then go and watch RAW this week, I found it quite refreshing. RAW was different sure, but it's a different show. A whole different company.

People like to dream up the possibility of WWE becoming an edgier product again, some blood, some weapons etc. but it's never going to be like that because that's not what WWE is. It's an entertainment company and they've been saying that on-air for years. They're in a world (or Universe) of their own, they make their own rules and they have the seemingly limitless money to win over the big broadcasters.

Another thing that's been happening for years.

Vince has bought all of his "competition".

If you guys started watching something like Game of Thrones, got 2 seasons in and hated it, you wouldn't watch the other seasons. WWE's the same shit, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Come back to it at another time, it might be different.

If it's not different, there are probably 100+ other promotions in the world that you could watch.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
WHY? What triggered this level of hate? Is it because of his promos? Lack of charisma? Clean victories against Brock? The Ambrose thing? The internet bitching? The Becky Lynch fiasco?

I'm asking serious questions. People adored him.
Those are the two main reasons.

People don't like stooges, simple as that, and in the past few months he was an enormous stooge. At least Roman made it look like he's a stooge because it's his job, not because he likes it.

And we can also say that being the most featured and important wrestler in the company exposed his weaknesses, particularly on the mic and character deparments.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
WHY? What triggered this level of hate? Is it because of his promos? Lack of charisma? Clean victories against Brock? The Ambrose thing? The internet bitching? The Becky Lynch fiasco?

I'm asking serious questions. People adored him.
I wouldn't say adored. People adored Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. People even adored Becky Lynch initially during her first push. Seth Rollins was just popular.

They fucked up when they put him in a feud with the hottest character in the business and booked him like an utter geek who cries in the corner, gets his ass kicked every week, and to make matters even worse, the HIAC finish. On top of that all of the Dean Ambrose and Will Ospreay stuff, nauseating defending of the company, etc. It all came at the same time, there isn't one thing, it was a perfect storm of shit.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
According to people who attended Raw, Rollins was booed big time. But when the video appeared on YouTube and wwe sites they were edited into cheers.

Rollins is the new Roman I guess.
Sorry, but no. As I have said before, Roman at the very least is a good looking guy (he got that Samoan Thor thing going on for him) with a decent enough voice while Rollins looks like a geek and sounds like Janice from Friends.

Rollins being booed out of the building is not really all that surprising given that he has a charisma of a wet poodle and zero in ring psychology.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts