Wrestling Forum banner

WWE dropped the ball on Vladimir Kozlov.

9606 63
He was getting a very, very good push back in 2008. He even won a match (clean, by the way) over the Undertaker and had an impressive undefeated streak going. The guy didn't need much charisma because he was supposed to be, at least from what I can tell, like Ivan Drago from Rocky IV. A machine that's programmed to destroy..that sorta stuff for his gimmick. And it all worked until the booking completely messed everything up. They booked him against Shawn Michaels to see who would face the Undertaker at 'Mania. At the time of the match, Kozlov was undefeated but once Shawn went over him, he's been a joke ever since. I mean, this guy was, and still is, championship material. If the booking was completely fucked up, he should have already held a major title by now. I remember the days when he came out to no music or entrance video. That was awesome. It's a shame that WWE has tarnished his career forever.

I'm sure I'm the only one who feels this way, but what do you guys think?
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

· Registered
6,883 Posts
He's over with the crowd, way more than he used to be. That alone is satisfying. He actually got a Koslov chant overseas. How can you not like the comical Koslov?

He's found his better side of the gimmick given to him.

· Registered
1,626 Posts
The dude had the absolute worst match in 2008 at Survivor Series. He is bad in the ring, but he is tolerable with Santino, because they have charisma. I dont like him.

· Registered
38 Posts
Santino has helped build his character into something the fans are into these days. 20 years ago Kozlov would have been much higher up the card with his foreign heel gimmick, mainly because it was believeable and fans would give those kind of guys major heat. It was a shame how quickly he got gassed down the card after finally being beaten, but this makes me think about Glacier in WCW in 1996-1998, who went unbeaten for a year and had months of promos but never got past mid-card status and ended up getting beat in 2 minutes by Goldberg about 5 times!

· Registered
20,961 Posts
Be happy, if not for comedy, he would have been released already.

· Banned
355 Posts
I wish someone would drop a ball on his large head, because he does my head in (no pun intended). Sorry but he's just so boring. I find it hard to mark for a wrestler who can't speak good English. No it's not in anyway discriminating it's natural, though I'm a Del Rio mark, but he's good on the mic.

· Registered
8,287 Posts
The guy has no charisma. How can the WWE drop the ball on him? He's been a joke since 2008. That actually happens to a lot of the big time heels when they first start. They're scary, dominant and intimidating at first. But once they start losing, they become a joke and become these worthless goons like The Great Khali right for example. Typical WWE fashion.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.