Wrestling Forum banner

WWE dropped the ball on Vladimir Kozlov.

9565 63
He was getting a very, very good push back in 2008. He even won a match (clean, by the way) over the Undertaker and had an impressive undefeated streak going. The guy didn't need much charisma because he was supposed to be, at least from what I can tell, like Ivan Drago from Rocky IV. A machine that's programmed to destroy..that sorta stuff for his gimmick. And it all worked until the booking completely messed everything up. They booked him against Shawn Michaels to see who would face the Undertaker at 'Mania. At the time of the match, Kozlov was undefeated but once Shawn went over him, he's been a joke ever since. I mean, this guy was, and still is, championship material. If the booking was completely fucked up, he should have already held a major title by now. I remember the days when he came out to no music or entrance video. That was awesome. It's a shame that WWE has tarnished his career forever.

I'm sure I'm the only one who feels this way, but what do you guys think?
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
866 Posts
I don't think the WWE messed anything up here, he was just boring to watch in the ring (still is in my opinion, Santino is his saving grace). Don't u remember his match with HHH and J Hardy for the title where Hardy didn't show, don't u remember how boring that was? I remember falling asleep until Vicky showed up and added heel Edge and u can see how happy the crowd was to have someone else there, I am fairly certain ppl hated Vicki and Edge then.

That was when he was depushed and began falling to where he is now. He was boring and ppl didn't care so WWE moved on.

· Registered
2,620 Posts
No, they didn't.

The guy has zero charisma, no mic skills and is at best passable in the ring. He should be thankful for the spot he is in right now, as a tag champ together with Santino. That's as far as he will and should get. I still remember the horrible WWE title match he had with Triple H at a PPV in 2008. I almost feel asleep, because 90% of the match were rest holds done by him. I am surprised that WWE decided to push such a guy this hard at some point.

· Registered
924 Posts
Kozlov's in a much better place now then he was in 2008. I actually like him with Santino honestly.

His push in 2008 was painful to watch, and the crowd just did not give a shit no matter what they did with him. He's much easier to buy as a comedy character than some serious monster. He was one of the many terrible monster pushes of 2007-2008 (Snitsky, Big Daddy V, Khali, etc...Umaga was about the only one I could handle) and I have to say I'm glad we've managed to get away from those since. I remember there was one point where there was a weekly Snitsky squash match, followed by a Khali squash match, and then a Big Daddy V squash match on Smackdown, and the crowd would absolutley die for every one of them.

· Banned
6,181 Posts
Utter dogshit. Zero charisma with negative workrate, and he pulled off a laughably shitty PPV WWE title match against HHH that I still "need to see to believe."

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Other than his badass looking stare, he has no redeeming quality whatsoever. He's right at where he should be right now. He develops unique chemistry with Santino, i think WWE should keep them together for a long time because i certainly don't want to see Kozlov dominating again like good old days.

· Premium Member
6,460 Posts
They should bring up Alex Koslov and get him involved with Marella and Kozlov. Change the 's' to a 'z' and have Kozlov turn as his bodyguard. They could tag as 'The Kozlovs'. It would be a better use of the bodyguard angle than Kidd/Andrews. It would be a great introduction for Alex.

· Banned
3,693 Posts
WWE has a rich history of "dropping the ball", that is why I was against Del Rio winning the Rumble after being in the WWE for a short time. One minute a superstar may seem like they're going to get a great push, and then for one reason or another they're thrown in the jobber category/tag team. Here's a list of superstars that I've compiled over the years who have fell victim:

1. Heindenrich
2. Snitsky
3. Christian
4. Rene Dupree
5. Rob Conway
6. Mark Jindrak
7. Kenzo Suzuki
8. Khali
9. Mr. Kennedy
10.MVP
11.Orlando Jordan
12.Maven
13.Dibiase
14.Stuttering Matt Morgan
15.Vladamir
16.Goldust (when he returned in 2002, then two other times he returned after)
17.Regal
18. Val Venis (could've made it to the top)
19. Most of the spirit squad
20.Test
21.Umaga

Now after 10 years of talent that have come in and out of the WWE, who are the only ones currently in the WWE that have turned out to be big stars? Orton and Cena. That's why they're shoving guys like Del Rio, Ziggler and Sheamus down our throats because Michaels is gone, Batista is gone, Triple H and Taker are going to continue getting injured frequently. Still no Jericho yet.

· Registered
2,780 Posts
I agree up to a point. I much preferred Kozlov's old gimmick - his current persona doesn't interest me at all. The problem is that I don't think the fans bought it at all. His previous gimmick was a perfect example of one that needed a talented manager to help get it over. Without one, it wasn't going to get anywhere.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
He needs a repackaging. His current gimmick is so "cold war monolithic Rocky IV invincible russian".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yl_hLsOQJM

If he dies... He dies ...

In accordance to this gimmick he has to act as a cyborg and to be unable to speak proper english (to even speak in reality). That's doesn't help him to be attractive and interesting. He is also very good in *****. I met him after a match in my country and he can speak english without any accent and with a large vocabulary. Yes he totaly broke gimmick without noticing during our conversation.

My opinion :

He needs to be repackaged as a bodyguard or an enforcer. A good gimmick could be enforcer for Santino. He has to be able to speak and to try to get attachement from fans. His move set can use far more grappling and ***** moves.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Easier and probably better to break and slowly change his monolithic gimmick, get rid of Santino. Santino makes Kozlov unable to be taken seriously as a powerhouse

Alex Koslov and Vladimir Kozlov as a single tag team (but please no soviet).

- Alex Koslov (mouth and high fly)
- Vladimir Kozlov (powerhouse and floor moves with more grappling)

Such diverse tag teams are often great, a big grappling powerhouse and a high fly technical guy. I already found the titantron.

Kayfabe hurt Kozlov (because of Santino) and immediately send him to secretly train with Koslov in FCW (2 months without public matches together). Later bring them back as heels to take revenge and destroy Santino. It will easily establish them as heel and make many people angry against them.

Success and celebrate with Vodka

Aksana as their manager for the lulz and sexyness :D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.