Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many fans have been emailing in asking when the 2012 WWE Draft will take place.

Monday's 3-hour RAW Supershow was originally scheduled to host the Draft, but WWE would have made an announcement by now if that was the case. The next 3-hour RAW after that takes place on June 11th from Hartford, Connecticut, but there have been no indications that the draft will be held then.

There has also been talk of doing away with the Draft concept entirely. With WWE re-branding RAW as a a "Supershow" each week featuring SmackDown talent, the brand separation has never meant less.

That said, WWE feels that several superstars (Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz) are desperately in need of a "change of scenery" - so we could see various trades take place to shake up the rosters.

(Partial Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Brand split is just for the namesake. Draft is pointless.

·
Premium Member
15,037 Posts
I think they should do away with the draft. It serves no purpose if everybody but John Cena is on both brands anyway.

On another note, Smackdown sucks. I feel for Randy Orton. He's the top guy on a crappy show but is treated as a midcarder on the main show.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,433 Posts
WWE likes to hide things. It might happen, even though they didn't announce it.
That would be absolutely ridiculous. Ratings already suck because they don't promote enough, and the only reason they even do these Draft shows anymore is to try and pop a rating. If they even have one this year - even though there's no real point anymore - they better promote the shit out of it.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I honestly want to see the draft. Yeah with the Supershow the brand split appears pointless but they do adhere to it most of the year and I think WWE desperately needs to shake things up.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
The draft is a fun show, and a bit different. It can also bring a much needed change to the direction of certain characters. Orton and Miz as the most obvious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts