Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE Draft set for SmackDown on Oct. 11 and Raw on Oct. 14

There’s about to be a Draft in here!

The destinies of WWE Superstars will be determined during a two-night WWE Draft taking place live on Friday Night SmackDown on Oct. 11 on FOX and Raw on Oct. 14 on USA Network.

On both nights of the Draft, Superstars from Raw and SmackDown will appear along with personalities from FOX and NBCUniversal programming to announce select picks that will determine the rosters of each distinct brand.

Stick with WWE Digital for more news on the WWE Draft as it develops.

Source: WWE.com

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,991 Posts
Re: WWE Draft to take place on Oct 11 SmackDown

Does this officially mean that we're finally getting separate rosters real soon, and that the wildcard rule finally fucks off for good? :trips8

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

It's a shame that this is taking place after HIAC. My blood pressure is going through the roof wondering if Rollins is going to SmackDown or not.

·
24,260 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Why is Charlotte on there and not Shinske?

Questionable credibility but...

With the strong hints that Becky is moving to SD and how they don't split couples, I guess we'll see...
They also advertised Charlotte and Alexa to smackdown and theres no way they're putting all on three on the same show given the importance they attach to those three.

·
Premium Member
18,164 Posts

Yeah not shocked by this. Seemed likely after all the rumours that Fox wanted a separate roster.

Thank fuck the wildcard is done

·
Registered
24,516 Posts

It looks like this will be a draft like they had in 2016, where the whole roster is up for grabs and are picked one by one. I like that.

It's a shame that this is taking place after HIAC. My blood pressure is going through the roof wondering if Rollins is going to SmackDown or not.
Well Becky has been all over the advertising for Fox. Doesn’t mean she’s going, but if she goes then Rollins goes too I would imagine.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts

This is good. The wild card rule was silly. Sounds like it's going to be gone post draft. Will be interesting to see who ends up on what show.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

Questionable credibility but...

With the strong hints that Becky is moving to SD and how they don't split couples, I guess we'll see...
That kinda scares me. We can't have Rollins lose tonight. Braun isn't getting a one month reign, I don't think. He needs to lose it at HIAC.

If Braun wins the title, then Rollins going to SmackDown doesn't matter and I don't care. That's not what I'm after.

·
24,260 Posts

That kinda scares me. We can't have Rollins lose tonight. Braun isn't getting a one month reign, I don't think. He needs to lose it at HIAC.

If Braun wins the title, then Rollins going to SmackDown doesn't matter and I don't care. That's not what I'm after.
What exactly are you after?

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

What exactly are you after?
Seth Rollins vs Bray Wyatt in HIAC. Bray has challenged the winner and is getting a title match in HIAC, this is confirmed. If Seth is going to SmackDown, Bray wins the title.

If BRAUN wins, that's out the window, because I don't see Vince giving Braun a one month reign with the title.

·
24,260 Posts

Seth Rollins vs Bray Wyatt in HIAC. Bray has challenged the winner and is getting a title match in HIAC, this is confirmed. If Seth is going to SmackDown, Bray wins the title.

If BRAUN wins, that's out the window, because I don't see Vince giving Braun a one month reign with the title.
Well the most likely scenario for tonight is that The Fiend interferes and Rollins/Braun ends up in DQ/no contest. Then a triple threat for HIAC is setup.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
That won't do either. If he's interfering in the main event, he's going to lose. It's what they always do.

Besides, if it's a 3 way and Seth is leaving, Vince would probably just put it on Braun anyway, because everybody I love has to suffer for having too much talent.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts

Is this really a question?

lol
Why wouldn't it be. You have all your title holders but not Shinske? wtf.

And before someone says that shes more popular than why isn't the face of the company Reigns on there?

·
C Mac G
6,115 Posts
I feel like we've been through so many of these "resets", that I'm numb to actually expecting anything good to come out of them long term, but I shall remain cautiously optimistic.

Interesting that they are calling this a draft, rather than a shakeup. Hopefully that means they won't be lazy as fuck and just have random dudes show up with no reasoning.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I feel like we've been through so many of these "resets", that I'm numb to actually expecting anything good to come out of them long term, but I shall remain cautiously optimistic.

Interesting that they are calling this a draft, rather than a shakeup. Hopefully that means they won't be lazy as fuck and just have random dudes show up with no reasoning.
From rumors it sounds like they want to have it be like the drafts of old. Though I don't get how one of those would run for 2 days.

·
C Mac G
6,115 Posts
From rumors it sounds like they want to have it be like the drafts of old. Though I don't get how one of those would run for 2 days.
You could do some studio element to the show where people are just making picks and you could run the choices through both shows, but yeah, that seems like a logistical issue. Honestly, something like a draft should be a separate thing that's not on RAW or Smackdown specifically, but rather a Network special, but obviously they need to jolt the ratings and this is a good way ton do that.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I feel like sticking this thread is kind of dumb, I'm conditioned to never look at the sticky portion of the general WWE section because nothing major is ever on there, but this is stickied? Seems strange, but whatever, first world problems.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wonder if they will bring authority figures back for each brand too? NXT has William Regal as the General Manager on that brand so it is possible SmackDown and Raw may have representatives to make Draft picks for their respective brands. Maybe Heyman and Bischoff return as GMs. This time Eric runs SD and Paul runs Raw.

Speaking of NXT, what is their involvement, if any, in this Draft?

I suppose we shall see.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts