Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, I know we hate on Cena a lot, but he is still the guy of the WWE. (If you think he can not wrestle, look at his first match on WWE with Kurt Angle, and be amazed). Without Cena, the WWE would be near bankruptcy, b/c Orton as good as he is cannot carry WWE on his own, and with all the recent retirements of big stars, WWE has to develop these new guys, but that takes on average 5 years. So I really think that without Cena, the WWE's ratings and revenue and everything will drop incredibly. So this is basically a rant on people bashing Cena, he is the best in the WWE and has been for the last 6 years.

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^its not obvious, a lot of people r saying WWE would be better without Cena

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This. WWE need Cena, but they wouldn't die without Cena as they can easily make another person like him.
They can, but it would take another 5 years to build him up, and it will be hard to find someone that works as hard as Cena

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would imagine that the WWE would be similar to the new generation era, which isn't all bad. Look at some of the guy's who came out of the era, the list of names are endless.
^^One can hope, but I really do see a bright future for the WWE, but for the next 2-3 years, they need Cena

· Registered
4,308 Posts
cus they push him as that guy. he doesnt back it up at all. apart from the hard working side of things, not taking that away but on the skill side of things he doesnt have the chops at all im embaressed by him weekly. he should have a good spot on the card but not as 'that' guy its just insulting to half the audience.

· Registered
1,470 Posts
1. Don't speak for eveybody on the Forum. I do not hate Cena. He is just there to me. And to everyone's surprise Cena can wrestle.
2. WWE is not running just 'cause Cena is in the company. That makes no sense. In that case why would they even build stars at all?

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1994, meaning that the new stars such as Austin and Rock really got over in 97-98, so ya 3 years seems about right.

· Banned
2,684 Posts
Near bankruptcy? Yeah, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Cena is the most valuable asset the WWE has, sure. But no, they wouldn't struggle without him. They'd still bring in around $400 million in revenue and it wouldn't take them long (think around 1 - 2 years) before they establish new stars.

WWE's strategy right now is bulletproof. Even with decreasing revenue, they're increasing profits. That's because of streamlining processes and improving their organisation from within.

Considering how determined Vince is in regarding Miz and Del Rio's pushes, as well as the fact that Sheamus is somewhat established, he already has people to step up sooner rather than later. All that would happen is Triple H would return and start working on establishing talent in the eyes of the fans. Within a year or two, he would succeed in elevating several of them. Add in Undertaker helping out as well as the fact that Rey and Orton are still around as big faces and WWE would cope perfectly fine.

Cena leaving is very much like Shawn/Batista leaving. WWE will take a short-term hit but they'll recover soon enough because they're the main show in town and the base audience isn't going anywhere. Don't underestimate their promotion capabilities. They made you, for one, believe Cena is far bigger than he actually is. That Shawn Michaels is far bigger than he actually is. What makes you think if they didn't put their full-force behind stars like Miz, Sheamus, CM Punk etc. that they wouldn't make you think the same thing?

They may not reach the heights of Cena but that's because they don't have as much veteran talent like Angle, Eddie, Triple H, Taker, Shawn, JBL, Edge, Batista at their peaks helping out the product. But they'll easily keep WWE stable and profitable while leading into the next generation where they'll probably create a star as big as, if not bigger than, Cena.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.