Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Black people love WWE. And over 50% of WWE's viewership in the US is ethnic. Shameful how their wrestlers get treated in comparison.

Its shows a lot when someone like Naomi wins a title. Black and ethnic fans have no problem with supporting white wrestlers but theres a certain segment of people (small, Im sure, but they are out there) that clearly have problems with black wrestlers and judge them much more harshly than their counterparts.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I thought Generation Y would be the highest by far.

·
Registered
269 Posts
this goes to show you the should cater to my demographic (30-44) who still watch wrestling occasionally because it's been such a huge part of my childhood because the newer generation couldn't give two shits about wrestling when there's so much better form of entertainment available to them

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Well apparently my demographic doesn't like wrestling much.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Black people love WWE. And over 50% of WWE's viewership in the US is ethnic. Shameful how their wrestlers get treated in comparison.

Its shows a lot when someone like Naomi wins a title. Black and ethnic fans have no problem with supporting white wrestlers but theres a certain segment of people (small, Im sure, but they are out there) that clearly have problems with black wrestlers and judge them much more harshly than their counterparts.
In regards to blacks, it is still only 26% though. WWE's primary revenue generating core fanbase is still the 51% white folks. Its understandable why they cater to them.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,372 Posts
There is nothing being said, its not even WWE specific study. Its just information, you may interpret it as you like to.
I just dont really get how some coloumns add to over 100% :lol

If its cumulative in the sense people with 4 children also tick the 3,2,1 and 0 box, and likewise for the salary, then the person who did the questionnaire has no idea what they are doing.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
So the WWE audience is significantly less educated than the boxing and UFC audiences...

I guess that's not surprising.

As for age, it's been said for a while that the wrestling fanbase consists of a lot of people who are over 45. I believe Wade Keller and Dave Meltzer raise this on podcasts quite a lot.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
6,759 Posts
As for age, it's been said for a while that the wrestling fanbase consists of a lot of people who are over 45. I believe Wade Keller and Dave Meltzer raise this on podcasts quite a lot.
And it makes sense, right? Someone my age (37) was in high school during the Attitude Era, when wrestling was actually cool-ish. It makes sense that people that age make up the bulk of their viewership.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.