Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
833 Posts
except in chicago its the best place this year the crowd was hot loud.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Because it's aimed at kids now and that means kids go with their parents, and their parents don't give a shit so sit on their hands the whole time (Except Vickie Guerrerro who even adults hate). In the attitude era, everyone gave a shit about what was happening so that's why they were better crowds.

Not an attitude era mark, particularly but the crowd difference is quite striking.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Everytime I go to a live event, I yell, act insane, and go absolutely nuts when miz comes out cuz he's AWESOME! idk bout everyone else in the crowd tho :/

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Saying there's nothing to cheer about is too easy. The attitude era was filled with crap too, yet the crowds were usually loud because the product was just extremely hot and the shows were targeted towards young adults who tend to be the loudest. Now it's little kids and parents, who don't react much because they have no idea what's happening. They just cheer for Cena, 'cause they like him. The people that start chants are always the adults/teenagers. Chicago is currently the only really loud city. Shame really, because it instantly makes shows better.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Some of the smaller markets have fans that just don't care. If I'm paying the money for that ticket, I'm gonna be as big a part of the crowd as I can. It's part of the fun.

·
Registered
829 Posts
This has been asked many times.. and i always reply "the current product is shit"

Its mainly nowadays aimed at kids. Kids bring their parents to the show & most parents haven't a fucking clue about wrestling.
Kids have a short attention span, all the want to see is Cena :rolleyes:
The product isn't that exciting and much of the roster is boring & generic characters.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It's not the WWE crowds, its crowds in general.

If WWEs in some random city that people might not have heard of until WWE came to that city, then those crowds aren't usually good. But if they're in cities with pro sports teams, then crowds are at least average.

If you compare WWE to a NHL game, WWE sometimes has the advantage. Though playoff and canadian crowds are only things that make nhl crowds louder than wwe

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
why are they so boring?
Stupid question, it's the wrestling that's at fault, not the crowd. Their only obligation is to hand over money in order to get in, having done that there job is done and it's up to the combined efforts of the bookers and the wrestlers to entertain them and draw out the big reactions. If those reactions don't happen then it's their fault, not ours.

The situation is a little different if the tickets are free, if a promoter gives tickets away in order to fill the house and make it look good on tv then I think it's perfectly reasonable for them to expect us to make some noise. Even then, noise doesn't equal a good crowd, as a wrestler you want the crowd to react to the match and not just chant for the sake of it.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts