Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There has been much talk amongst creative regarding The Miz and the Money in the Bank briefcase he won at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

Commentators have been informed to not push his title too hard because when he ultimately cashes it, they want it to come as a surprise to fans.

One idea tossed around was for the The Miz to be the first Superstar to lose after cashing in the Money in the Bank briefcase, but then to be quickly elevated with a huge follow-up victory.

It's been noted that all of this doesn't have to occur until WrestleMania, since the stipulation was that he had one year to cash it in and he won it in July.

Meanwhile, there has been discussion of holding a Money in the Bank Match at WrestleMania despite Money in the Bank being scheduled as stand-alone pay-per-view event in July.
I know it's a piece of shit report, but I thought I might as well post it since it hasn't been already.

Source: http://www.kocosports.com/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=35327&z=198

EDIT: Just another article I found. This one is a bit more interesting.

It was obvious when The Miz knocked off “The Viper” Randy Orton from the top of a ladder, a move that ultimately led to “The Awesome One” capturing the much coveted Money In The Bank briefcase at the July pay-per-view event earlier this year, that the former WWE United States Champion was destined for big things on the horizon.

Many people, whether it be fans in the Internet wrestling community or World Wrestling Entertainment creative writers, have been split on the perfect time for The Miz to cash in the briefcase and earn an opportunity at the WWE Championship title; a move that has led all previous Money In The Bank winners to become champion.

Although it had been teased in the weeks leading up to SummerSlam that The Miz might cash his Money In The Bank on, then WWE Champion, “The Celtic Warrior” Sheamus; the briefcase has really not been a focus of his intentions in recent months while battling Daniel Bryan over the WWE United States Championship title and leading Team RAW into battle at Bragging Rights as team captain.
However, there appears to be some reasoning behind this train of thought.

According to multiple online reports, the WWE Monday Night RAW commentators have been informed by World Wrestling Entertainment officials to not put too much emphasis on his Money In The Bank opportunity because when he finally decides cashes it in, they want it to come as a surprise to the WWE Universe, much like previous winners “The Rated R Superstar” Edge and C.M. Punk.

Reports note that there has been a lot of chatter recently backstage regarding when in fact is the most opportune time and best way to have the former multiple time co-holder of the WWE Tag Team Championship to get his shot at the gold.

One idea that has been reportedly tossed around for months now was the idea for The Miz to be the first superstar to lose after cashing in the Money in the Bank briefcase, but some would worry about it being a missed opportunity and could otherwise Miz unless they quickly the superstar by a big follow-up victory.

Some train of thought feel that if “The Worldwide Leader In Sports Entertainment” is serious about pushing him as one of the biggest stars in the promotion for the future, that they can hold off until WrestleMania 27 and have him cash it in at “The Showcase Of Immortals”, since the stipulation was that he had one year to cash it in.
Source: http://forceofwrestling.com/latest-news-regarding-the-miz-cashing-in-money-in-the-bank/

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
On the one hand, yes, dirtsheets are wrong on numerous occasions. On the other hand, writers are always changing shit and making stuff up on the fly. Wrestling fans want definitive reports like THING X WILL DEFINITELY 100% HAPPEN 6 MONTHS FROM NOW!! but that's obviously not the way things work in the wrestling business.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Another story that follows the typical dirtsheet template of passing off total guesswork as "news". Anyone could come up with a story like that.

I think having him cash in at Mania would do wonders for his career. That seems to make the most sense at the moment.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
They didn't once mention that this was from any inside sources or even discussed from anyone in creative.

They're just reflecting our own rumors just to make us this it's current news we've never heard of.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
So he could either successfully cash in or not, and either do it at Wrestlemania as he's been saying in promos, or not and do it when it's least expected? I wish my job would accept me covering literally every possibility and handing it in as a finished report.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I would absolutely love it if Miz lost when he did cash in and then dropped back into obscurity for the remainder of his tenure. Realistically though, it would be good for his character to lose and then end up winning the strap cheaply which is probably the way it's going to go down.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Another story that follows the typical dirtsheet template of passing off total guesswork as "news". Anyone could come up with a story like that.

I think having him cash in at Mania would do wonders for his career. That seems to make the most sense at the moment.
i've been saying this for a while now that if they wanted the miz to be a MAJOR heel and get real, strong heat, somehow make taker champ, and then miz cash it in at mania...thus ending the streak. this doesnt mean that i want this to happen, but i think if they really, truly wanted to make him a star and get him heat, this might be the best way to do it. although, the only problem is that the case has already been cashed in at a WM...would it still have the same effect...even if it wasnt against taker? idk, hard to say. my question though is this, what would be the big follow-up victory?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
He's either going to win or lose! WWE will definitely choose one of those options.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,091 Posts
These "reports" only become more inane and obvious in being mere regurgitations of what a mass of online wrestling fans speculate on their own.

Dirtsheets, I brand you obsolete.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Seems like the perfect opportunity to use this again

Poor dirtsheets, will they ever stop failing?

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
peep, you better hope you haven't tarnished my image of Mr. Burns and Homer by associating them with these piles of ass waste. :p

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Interesting thought:

Let's say Kane still has the WHC @WM, or whichever heel, and Taker defeats them, going to 19-0, then Miz comes in and cashes in victoriously over Taker (theoretically he cashes in for SD title for whatever reason), technically, he will have defeated Taker at WM, right? But not exactly in a clean match or fashion.

Would most people consider that the end of Taker's streak, do you think? Or more of an asterisk with the streak still in tact?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,091 Posts
Interesting thought:

Let's say Kane still has the WHC @WM, or whichever heel, and Taker defeats them, going to 19-0, then Miz comes in and cashes in victoriously over Taker (theoretically he cashes in for SD title for whatever reason), technically, he will have defeated Taker at WM, right? But not exactly in a clean match or fashion.

Would most people consider that the end of Taker's streak, do you think? Or more of an asterisk with the streak still in tact?
Well, we won't have to deal with that headache (no offense to your thought) because Miz can, as far as we know now, only cash in on Raw's WWE Champion, as he holds the Raw briefcase from the Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

However, if that were to happen, I think it'd be a strange aberration that the announcers would be instructed to bring up constantly whenever Miz strutted around with the WHC or claimed to have defeated The Undertaker at Wrestlemania and therefore successfully breaking Taker's Wrestlemania Streak.

It would most likely be used as the king of all heat-getters by Miz, and the controversy ignited by it would lead to all kinds of arguments proceeding. It would probably become so huge that they'd almost be forced to run Miz vs. Undertaker at the following year's Wrestlemania with the idea being that Miz should have to prove that he can beat Taker when both men are at an even playing field. I would tend to think most would consider the Streak itself still intact, but with an asterick as you say.

One logical argument against this--aside from the aforementioned one of Miz only being able to cash in on a Raw champion (as to now)--is that according to Michael Cole in the last month or so, Miz has until Wrestlemania to cash in at, so any champion at that event should, if they win (or challenger in those matches, if they win, be at least mentally prepared for Miz should he come down to cash in, something that could help them "wrestle" their matches in a fashion that would permit them to be at least partly bodily prepared for Miz as well).

Reactions: Eyeball Nipple

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
If they want to get him over as their #1 heel for sure have him come out and beat Cena/Orton after they bcome new champion at WrestleMania.

It would be the most effective cash in since Edge cashed in on Cena in 2006.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Obviously this report doesn't know what it's talking about, it's all guess work. But still, some of the ideas are interesting. The idea where Miz loses and follows up with a big win would work alright, I don't think they would put him over that big at Wrestlemania of all places, since he's got a year, I think he'll either cash in at SS, TLC and lost it at Elimination Chamber or chash in after Mania.

Also...if they want people to forget Miz has the case...he should maybe stop hitting people with it.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
lol, I feel like I've thought about each and every point they raise on my own and discussed it as a possibility within the confines of this site.

Just another example of dirtsheets taking a collective opinion and spreading it as POTENTIAL FACT.

This just in, all ideas are POTENTIAL FACTS!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts