Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrestling Observer said:
Following the recent talk that WWE is considering unifying the WWE Championship & the World Heavyweight championship by WrestleMania, we’ve learned that there is a new silver WWE Championship belt being created that will be for sale early next year. No word if WWE plans on using this as a new Unified WWE championship or if it will simply be a merchandise item, but it’s an interesting development.
After reading that, it's hard for me to concentrate on the idea of the world titles merging when they're going to make the belt SILVER. fpalm

"He's going for the silver! He can taste the silver! He's got the silver around his waist!"

For as stupid as the current WWE Title belt is, at least it's gold. Ironically, at this point I'm so accustomed to it I'd rather they just keep it as is instead of replacing it with an even dumber looking belt.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I hope to God that if they do infact unify the belts...that the new belt isn't silver. Actually... I hope the report is just bullshit all together.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I mostly agree with ya Cynic, but if this is true I wouldn't mind it being silver. Just makes a nice change. Again, if this is true, it may not be silver but actually platinum. That'd be pretty epic.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
*Shrug* Could be for an undisputed championship, it could be a "Special Platinum Edition" version of the WWE championship, Or Wade Barrett deciding that he doesn't like the current WWE championship belty and replacing it with one befitting of the first English WWE champion. Or alternatively the Observer is making shit up.

Anybody remember if they called the New Tag titles? If not, then I'm taking this with a pinch of salt and a shot ot tequilla.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Is this WWECW? -.-' Silver would be godawfull,but Platinum... that would be good.

I hope this means the brand split coming to an end...

meh... I call bullshit

·
Registered
4,592 Posts

These 2 belts give me the peace of mind that the thing would in fact , look good if they make it

Those 2 look better than alot of gold titles in wrestling

My only concern with this idea is that , well... how the fuck would Smackdown/RAW be of any interest anymore if the world title was dual branded? You'd have the rebirth of the 2009 Stale Era. Top oldski's like Taker/Edge/Triple H for instance , could be on Smackdown , the world Champion being Orton would get thrown those guys as his opponents instead of new guys... and it would commence the beggining of suck

I'd kind of like it if they had both titles , and an undisputed title instead of throwing away the other 2

I'm thinking if this is true , this is reserved for the Miz 1st to get a massive ego boost

·
Registered
741 Posts
Are you seriusly stating that the Divas Championship looks good?
Yes, I like how it's bedazzled. lol

I'll admit that the ECW belt wasn't bad, but come on, the Diva's Championship is a disgrace.

A platinum belt might work for a unified WWE championship, but I still think it should be gold for tradition's sake.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I wouldnt mind seeing undisputed champ but please not silver!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
wasn't the ECW world title silver (in it's WWE run), i eman they could be re-releasing the title as a one-year anniversary since it's cancellation...

and also you can see how much the WWE care about the tag team division when the titles look like cheap copper.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.