Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 248 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,038 Posts
All they had to do was keep testing and take the necessary precautions as they were doing in the beginning. That’s the least thing.

Why did they stop testing? to save money? they didn’t think it was serious anymore?
According to the US President if you don’t test as much there will be less cases.

Goodness I hope that 2 dozen number is only a rumor.

·
Premium Member
10,743 Posts
According to the US President if you don’t test as much there will be less cases.

Goodness I hope that 2 dozen number is only a rumor.
#facts

Why are names never released when this happens? they act as if they gonna keep their identities secret as if they got some embarrassing thing like herpes.
Why is herpes embarrassing?

·
Registered
24,001 Posts
All they had to do was keep testing and take the necessary precautions as they were doing in the beginning. That’s the least thing.

Why did they stop testing? to save money? they didn’t think it was serious anymore?
Problem was they never started testing until last week. Only did temp checks. And again, the tests available aren’t 100% accurate. But still, they were the best out there.

And the fact that WWE hasn’t been using them until now is asinine. As for why? With Vince who knows.

·
Registered
22,267 Posts
Age is no excuse. If you asked a guy like JR (68) if wrestlers need time off to avoid getting hit by an epidemic, he'd agree with you. This has to do more with corrupt ideologies than a brain's capabilities over time.
Isn't JR working during the pandemic commenting on wrestling matches at that?
I don’t understand people not just wrestling fans , but sports fans all together. 100+ People in the PC. You think nobody was going to get it? Same goes for sports. Right now Baseball players got it. 30+ teams with 25+ players on each team. Somebody is going to get COVID.
Yup folk are going to get it. Best that folk just have a game plan for when somebody gets it.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Their COVID testing is probably as legit as their anti-drug program. WWE don´t give a f*** and it´s your choice as a wrestler to be (ab)used.

How Charlotte Flair allowed her father to appear at these tapings is beyond me. Even if Ric is stupid enough not to stay at home at her advice, Charlotte has enough pull to tell Vince: It´s me or him.
They actually didn’t do any testing until last week. Apparently they were only doing temperature checks and trips spoke on some special chemical that they “coated the whole PC with”

AEW were doing actual tests from day 1.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
This is not a good look for the company, and it's not bright for the future of live events. The United States NEEDS to get this under control, but because they've got no sense about it, they're half-pregnant and things are going to get worse and set them back even further.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
WWE really fucked up here. They did the audiences after seeing AEWs attempts, barely any social distancing and no formal testing. Beggars belief mate.

Just to cut corners, they risked their whole programme being dragged under. This is a company that has been around for longer than newbie company AEW, who sought formal testing from day 1. Jesus Christ.

They also risked the health of their performers. Seriously man what the shit. Who would want to work for this company at this rate? One question everyone should ask at an interview is “how did you tackle the coronavirus pandemic?” I think it would really tell you what kind of company you’re applying for.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,219 Posts
And it's not just Florida, there's alot of states/cities where the cases for COVID are back up. Not a coincidence its just a few short weeks after all the protesting and rioting, either.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Their COVID testing is probably as legit as their anti-drug program. WWE don´t give a f*** and it´s your choice as a wrestler to be (ab)used.

How Charlotte Flair allowed her father to appear at these tapings is beyond me. Even if Ric is stupid enough not to stay at home at her advice, Charlotte has enough pull to tell Vince: It´s me or him.
Wrestling bubble + lack of science knowledge + don't put illness over philosophy. Charlotte's probably just as ignorant to the situation as the others.

MVP is perhaps another at higher risk due to heart condition and ethnicity. Otis due to obesity.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
And it's not just Florida, there's alot of states/cities where the cases for COVID are back up. Not a coincidence its just a few short weeks after all the protesting and rioting, either.
The article basically says that even after all the protests, it has not affected Minnesota’s COVID levels. It’s actually helped scientists understand more about how Covid spreads.
I thought the same - I thought protests have caused this, but I think that this may not be 100% the case.

·
52,219 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Covid is overblown fear mongering propaganda. I’ll give you all a challenge type it any 3 digit numbers followed by “new cases” in google abs watch what happens

·
52,219 Posts
Minnesota is one place where there were protests, and they didn’t affect Covid spread.
im not saying that it didn’t play a part. I’m saying that there is more to the story.
It absolutely played a part. Thousands of people standing directly next to eachother and in contact with eachother for a couple weeks in a row. This was in alot of places across the country and big cities.

Extremely predictable.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
There were riots and protests in more states than just Minnesota. Alot more.

National Bureau of Economic Research, used data on protests from more than 300 of the largest US cities, and found no evidence that coronavirus cases grew in the weeks following the beginning of the protests.

"Our findings suggest that any direct decrease in social distancing among the subset of the population participating in the protests is more than offset by increasing social distancing behavior among others who may choose to shelter-at-home and circumvent public places while the protests are underway," the report reads.

41 - 60 of 248 Posts