Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Ugh... we all knew this would happen. Its not like we actually got rid of corona. And as soon as lock down was over people all over flocked to bars and others venues completely mask less (especially here in AZ where we lead the country in new cases).

Everything we did to slow down corona was only for show. I feel sorry for everyone risking their well being for this uninspired show to keep going

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,936 Posts
Pushing aside them bringing together 100 people in a State with rises cases, I did question why the hell Flair was brought in. It's a Sars family virus FFS we know little about - some people are truly crazy.
"It's a flu, it's overhyped, 100,000 people die from the flu every year and we don't stop society for them. If you're old or at risk, stay at home, young healthy people can get it and shake it off, most won't even have to go to the hospital. It's a deep state conspiracy so the government can institute martial law."

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,909 Posts
Ugh... we all knew this would happen. Its not like we actually got rid of corona. And as soon as lock down was over people all over flocked to bars and others venues completely mask less (especially here in AZ where we lead the country in new cases).

Everything we did to slow down corona was only for show. I feel sorry for everyone risking their well being for this uninspired show to keep going
It’s crazy. People are just Ignoring it now and acting like it doesn’t exist just because news coverage has been more focused on world protests. Just because it hasn’t been covered as much doesn’t mean it magically disappeared.

There are full bars with people standing shoulder to shoulder like there is no pandemic. I understand that you’re antsy to get out and hang out with people but you can’t be that careless just because you’re young and less likely to die from it. People stopped caring for the sake of having a “good time”. Just wear masks and stay 6 feet apart is all I’m asking.

·
Southern Pride
3,385 Posts
Cases are rising in a lot of the country. Florida I am sure isn't any different. This was inevitable.

...and yeah, I can't defend WWE at all when they weren't properly checking people for so long until recently.

Ric Flair especially, who was near death at one point in the past, shouldn't be there at all.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Roman reigns, Kevin ownes, and sammy zayn are looking really smart about now.
Not really, good luck Sammy & Kevin getting anywhere near the main event again.

Premier league& Championship football has began again in England and every single player in playing. This is over 1000s people.

Granted the WWE testing and measures in place isn't as stringent but these two really look a bit soft staying home and collecting a paycheck at the same time. At least Roman had cancer.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,936 Posts
It’s crazy. People are just Ignoring it now and acting like it doesn’t exist just because news coverage has been more focused on world protests. Just because it hasn’t been covered as much doesn’t mean it magically disappeared.

There are full bars with people standing shoulder to shoulder like there is no pandemic. I understand that you’re antsy to get out and hang out with people but you can’t be that careless just because you’re young and less likely to die from it. People stopped caring for the sake of having a “good time”. Just wear masks and stay 6 feet apart is all I’m asking.
I feel like the news, Drs. Fauci and Birx messed up the messaging, they focused on the deadliness and the numbers surrounding mortality, but Americans are stupid and they aren't good with numbers, especially numbers that sound small. They hear 1% mortality and don't realize in a country of 300M people 1% is potentially 3M dead.

There also hasn't been enough messaging on the non fatal but critical cases, yea a 25 year old might not die from Corona but 4 weeks on a ventilator isn't fun. Around 38% of the people who have been in ICU with Corona are people under 50 but the dumb people who are going out only know about the deaths. We're also finding out that Corona can cause permanent damage to other organs including the lungs, kidneys, and brain, "just a flu" doesn't do that.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

I cant really talk about other countries but one thing that this pandemic has highlighted is just how selfish this country is. Selfishness seems to be rooted in our everyday values, like its a part of the culture. The saddest part is that its not even just a young dumb person thing... this shit extends to all age groups.

There was literally an anti-mask protest in Scottsdale today and we have moms and dads who are well into their 40s protesting their right to not wear masks. One woman was quoted saying “My family is healthy and we shouldnt wear masks unless we’re sick!”

I dont understand how these people can be so old and still so dumb

·
Premium Member
12,979 Posts
I cant really talk about other countries but one thing that this pandemic has highlighted is just how selfish this country is. Selfishness seems to be rooted in our everyday values, like its a part of the culture. The saddest part is that its not even just a young dumb person thing... this shit extends to all age groups.

There was literally an anti-mask protest in Scottsdale today and we have moms and dads who are well into their 40s protesting their right to not wear masks. One one was quoted saying “My family is healthy and we shouldnt wear masks unless we’re sick!”

this is because your president doesn't believe in "kung flu" himself. he's made a ton of jokes. he's undermined the risks. the guy is a fucking idiot. he's POTUS, he has a massive influence on how the public think. Good luck to you and good luck to this Earth if we get another 4 years.

·
Registered
535 Posts

There was literally an anti-mask protest in Scottsdale today and we have moms and dads who are well into their 40s protesting their right to not wear masks. One woman was quoted saying “My family is healthy and we shouldnt wear masks unless we’re sick!”

Ideally those idiots should have a big fat medical bill coming their way should they find themselves requiring medical intervention. It's akin to shouting how you leave your house unlocked 24/7 and then expecting the insurance company to pay when your stuff is stolen.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
All they had to do was keep testing and take the necessary precautions as they were doing in the beginning. That’s the least thing.

Why did they stop testing? to save money? they didn’t think it was serious anymore?
Their COVID testing is probably as legit as their anti-drug program. WWE don´t give a f*** and it´s your choice as a wrestler to be (ab)used.

How Charlotte Flair allowed her father to appear at these tapings is beyond me. Even if Ric is stupid enough not to stay at home at her advice, Charlotte has enough pull to tell Vince: It´s me or him.

21 - 40 of 248 Posts