Wrestling Forum banner

221 - 240 of 248 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
I read somewhere that Kayla Braxton got it again after testing positive a few months ago...so much for immunity? :(

·
Registered
906 Posts
And yet the NBA is still determined to get up and running again. Fans need to just chill out and realize every business that can run, will run.
That doesn't mean that they SHOULD though. As this crisis has shown, many, if not most, businesses care about the bottom line more than the health of their employees and customers. On July 1st, American Airlines will begin resuming flights at full capacity (!). NBA, MLB, and NHL did the right thing by shutting down all operations a week before the first "shelter in place" order was announced in California, but with Florida becoming a major coronavirus hotspot (along with the rest of the south and the western states, though the likes of Washington, Oregon, California, and Nevada have all mandated mask laws as a response, which Florida, Texas, and Arizona, which are likely the biggest hotspots right now, have yet to do. States like New York, New Jersey, and Illinois have had mask mandates for MONTHS now and are unsurprisingly not the hotspots they used to be), I'm not so confident that it will go so smoothly, as numerous NBA, MLB, NHL, and NFL players have tested positive for COVID-19, along with WWE employees. If enough people get serious cases of COVID-19, hospitals will become overwhelmed, and there isn't an unlimited number of beds available, which is why the states eventually have to shut down all non essential businesses, as our president has yet to impose a nationwide lockdown, and has even suggested SLOWING DOWN testing to minimize the number of reported cases (!).

COVID-19 is a much bigger deal than the swine flu, and much more contagious than Ebola, SARS, MERS, etc.

·
Registered
22,259 Posts
That doesn't mean that they SHOULD though. As this crisis has shown, many, if not most, businesses care about the bottom line more than the health of their employees and customers. On July 1st, American Airlines will begin resuming flights at full capacity (!). NBA, MLB, and NHL did the right thing by shutting down all operations a week before the first "shelter in place" order was announced in California, but with Florida becoming a major coronavirus hotspot (along with the rest of the south and the western states, though the likes of Washington, Oregon, California, and Nevada have all mandated mask laws as a response, which Florida, Texas, and Arizona, which are likely the biggest hotspots right now, have yet to do. States like New York, New Jersey, and Illinois have had mask mandates for MONTHS now and are unsurprisingly not the hotspots they used to be), I'm not so confident that it will go so smoothly, as numerous NBA, MLB, NHL, and NFL players have tested positive for COVID-19, along with WWE employees. If enough people get serious cases of COVID-19, hospitals will become overwhelmed, and there isn't an unlimited number of beds available, which is why the states eventually have to shut down all non essential businesses, as our president has yet to impose a nationwide lockdown, and has even suggested SLOWING DOWN testing to minimize the number of reported cases (!).

COVID-19 is a much bigger deal than the swine flu, and much more contagious than Ebola, SARS, MERS, etc.
For sure what should be done and what will be done are two separate things. Luckily for these sports leagues and wrestling promotions the president is determined to get things back to "normal" even if it's ill advisable. Plus for me it just feels hypocritical to go "OMG they need to shut it down" if I'm still going to watch wrestling and for sure will watch the NBA when it returns. Like what legs do I have to stand on.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
From what I’ve seen, it’s not that people are positive a second time, it’s RNA or something that’s showing up as a positive. From what I gathered, they aren’t actually “positive” a second time in that they have symptoms or are contagious.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Has this story been posted in this thread yet? I have a few users on ignore and I'm pretty sure, that if it was posted earlier, it would be one of the ignored users. If you haven't seen this, it is a must-read.

WWE's CV-19 protocols allegedly exposed?
So WWE told their talent to keep their infection secret to prevent bad publicity, which means no contact tracing. The funniest would be, if one answered the question about breaking social distancing rules, attending unsafe and large gatherings with: I have been to WWE tapings, does that count. :confused:

Overall no legit testing, no mask wearing allowed, keeping people locked together inside daily for 10-12 hours. That´s exactly the slave-ish work conditions that see migration workers in all advanced countries become infected in huge numbers. When such an outbreak cluster occurs, I´d say it spreads to 80-90% of the people in it, so figure out how many people were in that WWE bubble and you got the real number. It´s easy to imagine it being triple digits rather than two dozens.

Basically business as usual for the WWE.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
So WWE is only doing the swab testing (in the nose) when AEW have been doing blood testing since the beginning.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
So WWE is only doing the swab testing (in the nose) when AEW have been doing blood testing since the beginning.
Please proof that point with blood testing „since the beginning“. And as far as I know blood tests are for anti bodies, means you test if you had it already. So please give us sources where it shows that AEW is doinh blood tests every show?!

·
Registered
650 Posts
From what I’ve seen, it’s not that people are positive a second time, it’s RNA or something that’s showing up as a positive. From what I gathered, they aren’t actually “positive” a second time in that they have symptoms or are contagious.
yeah, our tests are shit and they pick up pieces of dead virus still in your system.

also, when people say "the anti bodies are gone within weeks". yeah, that's how it works. we don't have antibodies for 37 viruses and 218 bacteria in our system at all times. antibody triggering mechanisms are remembered in our T and B cells and are released when material is detected.

you build up an innate response to pathogens too even if you never been exposed to them through heredity. that's why the europeans could still die from various diseases but wreaked havoc on the native americans because they hadn't had dozens of generations of exposure to similar pathogens that built up the innate immune response. covid-19 is a totally new virus and out bodies don't don't know how to handle it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Of course, with blood you can see if someone is infected but you can also see if someone was infected (and didn't knew it) and have antibodies

The swab test is effective at more or less 70%
For the blood test it's 90-95%
That is not correct, I am in a medical study who is doing blood tests, to see the spread and the doctors told me you only see anti bodies in the blood, means you either still have it or had it. But anti bodies only start forming after a couple of days of the infection, so you could have it and the blood test doesnt show anti bodies. You CAN‘T test for corona positive with the blood test, so stop spreading fake information.

·
Premium Member
13,000 Posts
That is not correct, I am in a medical study who is doing blood tests, to see the spread and the doctors told me you only see anti bodies in the blood, means you either still have it or had it. But anti bodies only start forming after a couple of days of the infection, so you could have it and the blood test doesnt show anti bodies. You CAN‘T test for corona positive with the blood test, so stop spreading fake information.
It can take 1-3 weeks for antibodies to form. Not a few days.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Of course, with blood you can see if someone is infected but you can also see if someone was infected (and didn't knew it) and have antibodies

The swab test is effective at more or less 70%
For the blood test it's 90-95%
You should at least google first before posted something like this.

For now, swab PCR test is the most reliable test for covid19 detection. While blood test is just "screening" for huge population.

Also, I don't know in your country but in my place you can't get 'positive' result by blood test only. You only can get 'reactive' or 'non-reactive'.

If not urgent, the test for individual will go more or less like this:

Blood Test 1 > Reactive
Blood Test 2 > Reactive
PCR Swab Test > Positive

And if you got 'non reactive' in first blood test you also need to try blood test again in several days.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
You should at least google first before posted something like this.

For now, swab PCR test is the most reliable test for covid19 detection. While blood test is just "screening" for huge population.

Also, I don't know in your country but in my place you can't get 'positive' result by blood test only. You only can get 'reactive' or 'non-reactive'.

If not urgent, the test for individual will go more or less like this:

Blood Test 1 > Reactive
Blood Test 2 > Reactive
PCR Swab Test > Positive

And if you got 'non reactive' in first blood test you also need to try blood test again in several days.
All of this depend on how much money you have.

I know that saliva test are also coming.

221 - 240 of 248 Posts