Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE has confirmed WrestleMania 36 will not feature battle royal matches this year to limit the amount of Superstars gathering in the ring.

According to multiple sources, the annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal and the women’s battle royal matches were pulled from the card to abide by CDC and government recommendations as much as possible while producing the event.

We’re told this is one of the many precautionary measures WWE is taking during the event to “flatten the curve.” As previously reported, the company also has a team of physicians testing everyone entering the Performance Center to ensure they’re healthy before entering the facility.

For those who haven’t been following along … WrestleMania was relocated from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay to the WWE Performance Center where there will be no fans in attendance due to the coronavirus pandemic. In addition, the event will be split into two days this year and feature matches from various closed-set locations (with essential personnel only) not filmed at the WWE PC.

When reached for comment, WWE confirmed the battle royals would not be taking place this year.

Makes sense.

·
IRAN #1
2,353 Posts
Didn't expect them. They try to get everyone on the show every year, but some will have to sit this year out unfortunately.

·
Death Rides a Horse
766 Posts
Does any wrestler ever benefit from winning the battle royal? It seems like it's a death sentence every year for the winner. WWE should just do away with it entirely.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,699 Posts
Makes sense not because of Covid but because without fans paying there's no incentive to get everybody on the show for a big pay day.

This raises the question how much will the people actually on the show get paid? We know Taker in the past has gotten a cool mil for his WM matches, you'd have to assume Brock, Cena and Edge would command similar salaries, then you've got somebody like Rhea who originally would've gotten paid a year or more worth of her NXT contract for that match, now how much is she going to make?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
They should just do a Andre the Giant gauntlet match instead. You know like the good ol days from the Smackdown games.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,699 Posts
That'll prevent covid-19 from infecting the roster!

Dr. Moron you've done it again!

Image result for facedesk gif

Seriously how does this hack douchebag still have a medical licence?
Aside from CM Punk's claims, that were proven to be lies in court, what has he done wrong to justify losing his medical license? I'm legitimately asking and not defending him, obviously I don't have a dog in this fight.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Good now hopefully they don’t include either brands tag titles as well, seeing as their wouldn’t be build up to them.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,717 Posts
Aside from CM Punk's claims, that were proven to be lies in court, what has he done wrong to justify losing his medical license? I'm legitimately asking and not defending him, obviously I don't have a dog in this fight.
Nothing. Ive never seen that guy make one positive post. Not ONE. Its always, " everything sucks", "Vince is an idiot", on repeat over and over.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Does any wrestler ever benefit from winning the battle royal? It seems like it's a death sentence every year for the winner. WWE should just do away with it entirely.
I think it's more a way to get more people on the card for a WM pay day, but this year their health is more important than extra money in the bank

1 - 16 of 16 Posts