Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Austin was the guy who made the attitude era what it is , he is the guy who kicked it off and gave it the "attitude" moments and persona , imo he is the GOAT (and not the one that goes baaaaah baaaaaah) ..

however i do think Rock had a HUGE part in making the attitude era what it is along with austin , he was over as fuck from 1999 to the end of AE , he also was the top face when the company had it's best financial year which was 2000

so you gotta give props to him as well

·
Registered
162 Posts
No other WWE Superstar defined The Attitude Era than “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

Such a true statement. I wish it would sink it to the delusional Rock marks head.
I would not dispute Austin defined the Attitude era, however in my personal opinion The Rock was far more entertaining. People say Austin was unpredictable but even as a little kid I knew roughly what to expect every time I heard the glass shatter. If you disagree then good for you, everyone is allowed a preference without being called delusional.

Great pics by the way. It's nice to know I lived through such an amazing period in wrestling history, but sad to know that it's over.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
The attitude era was more than just austin and rock just put it like that. They were the the two guys but why doesnt people remmeber the outlaws or the acolytes, etc.

·
Ex nihilo
9,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyway didn't mean this to be an Austin-Rock comparison thread, let's not forget how awesome the Kane-Taker feud was back then as well as guys like Foley, HHH etc. Not to mention how the mid and lower card guys were over as fuck and titles like the IC belt meant something

Kane was really awesome back then

·
Registered
162 Posts
Loved watching Kane back then. He really was a monster and with his look it never seemed possible that anyone else on the roster could beat him. It's a shame that his character changed in the way it has and the look is not even half as intimidating. In my opinion he had one of the best characters made by the WWF, the background story, the look, the music, the tron, the pyro, it was spot on.

The Outlaws were so charismatic. It really does put it in perspective, The Outlaws were midcarders at best in the Attitude Era, but had truckloads of charisma. If they were on the roster now they'd be main eventing. Shows how strong the roster was back then compared to how it is these days. Hopefully things are starting to change though. I'm finally starting to see a bit more character and personality out of Ziggler and Rhodes! Maybe some credibility to the midcard belts at long last. And a little more emphasis on the tag team division. Atleast WWE are moving in the right direction. Started to go a little offtopic, sorry! :D

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
No other WWE Superstar defined The Attitude Era than “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

Such a true statement. I wish it would sink it to the delusional Rock marks head.
What you talking about?

Who has ever said Austin DOESNT define the AE?

Everybody knows he does.

Poor attempt to have a pop at Rock fans.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Of course Austin defined the era. I dont think anyone was disputing that. It was always about the top star in the respective year argument.
I would not dispute Austin defined the Attitude era, however in my personal opinion The Rock was far more entertaining. People say Austin was unpredictable but even as a little kid I knew roughly what to expect every time I heard the glass shatter. If you disagree then good for you, everyone is allowed a preference without being called delusional.

Great pics by the way. It's nice to know I lived through such an amazing period in wrestling history, but sad to know that it's over.
What you talking about?

Who has ever said Austin DOESNT define the AE?

Everybody knows he does.

Poor attempt to have a pop at Rock fans.
I usually sit out between the Austin/Rock wars that goes on around here because it’s clearly pointless, it’s no end of that, but as much I am a much bigger fan of The Rock than Austin, I always knew who was the true star of representing that particular era and that was Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Even though The Rock surpassed him later on-Austin was the still the man, the captain, the leader and the ring leader of it all.

Of course Rock gets credit too, same with Degeneration-X, New Age Outlaws (These guys are underrated as fuck on here), Mick Foley, Undertaker, Kane, Vince McMahon, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, APA, Edge and Christian, The Dudleyz, The Hardy Boyz, The Godfather, I mean Too Cool pops put Randy Orton’s to shame.

Not too long ago, there was a thread about who was the true Face of the Attitude Era (Or something like that) and I couldn’t believe a lot of Rock marks tried so hard to say Dwayne represented the era in some shape or form MORE than Austin. So that is why I said what I said in my earlier post, didn’t really mean to make a Austin Vs Rock #278407248290482390024890 thread.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
The tag teams were over as fuck back then.

Hardy Boyz
Dudley Boyz
Acolytes
Edge and Christian (inc. Gangrel as The Brood were mighty over as well)
Too Cool
New Age Outlaws
Right to Censor
T & A

Although they were nowhere near as over, i've gotta love the Mean Street Posse.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
They have a picture of the nWo on there? I'm quite sure nobody considers 2002 to be the attitude era. Even those pictures of the invasion time period are a bit questionable.
The Attitude era ended with the Brand Split in 2002. Basically when Raw is War became Monday Night Raw again with a new set and new opening theme the Attitude era was over.

And that was after the Invasion angle and after the NWO debut. So both of these angles are part of the AE.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts