Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd ask you fine gentlemen if you've ever used the streaming service for PPVs? I always order the bigger events like Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania, but due to some TV trouble my only option if I still want to watch it live is to use a stream this year.

Is the quality good? How reliable is it?

·
Banned
864 Posts
The majority of the websites that stream these have about as much video quality as the turd you take after eating an entire KFC bucket. I preferably watch it on demand websites but even they have shitty quality :(

I dont suppose your Skybox doesn't have a phone line, because thats my case. (If you aren't British ignore what I just said :p)

·
Banned
49 Posts
I watch them on Youtube the next day.Some uploaders provide real HD quality (take my word).Also sometimes i just download them the next day-in high def too,there are many high speed torrents for that,it takes about an hour to download them

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I think you mean paying to watch it live on WWE.com right? I was actually thinking about this myself because I don't have a TV at the moment either. I really don't want to risk watching it on a stream and having it cut out just as the buzzer sounds and somebody awesome comes out. My stress levels would be through the roof lol. But it is still $50 I think. It's either the Rumble or a new external hard drive for me. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I remember I ordered a UFC event on their website hoping it would be solid quality and to also support the product, but it ended up being horrible and unwatchable, wouldn't see any difference for WWE

·
Banned
49 Posts
I think you mean paying to watch it live on WWE.com right? I was actually thinking about this myself because I don't have a TV at the moment either. I really don't want to risk watching it on a stream and having it cut out just as the buzzer sounds and somebody awesome comes out. My stress levels would be through the roof lol. But it is still $50 I think. It's either the Rumble or a new external hard drive for me. Decisions decisions.
fpalm Yeah,pay 50 bucks for a PPV you can dowload in HQ for free in an hour.You're a bright one aren't ya?

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
fpalm Yeah,pay 50 bucks for a PPV you can dowload in HQ for free in an hour.You're a bright one aren't ya?
Oh yes, cause SURELY you can download the HQ version as the PPV is actually taking place.

Why the hell would you want to wait and watch it alone? We're not you. We'd love to share the experience with everyone here as it happens, that's what makes the Royal Rumble so great. But I'm perfectly fine with someone like you not talking about it with us.

Stupid.

As for the OP, I hear the quality is pretty good, but it all depends on the computer you're using and your actual connection. But that's pretty obvious. Honestly I prefer it on TV so I don't have to switch between windows to browse the internet.

Reactions: Starbuck

·
Registered
121 Posts
I ordered the WrestleMania wwe.com webcast last year since my cable box wasn't working. The quality of the video was great, it's basically the same quality as an HQ video download you can get the next day. I didn't encounter any lag as well so, you should enjoy it.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
....okay seriously, ppl should at least try to answer his question, lol.

He's not asking for alternatives. He's asking if the official stream for the Royal Rumble is any good...

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
No Idea, but if anybody could Pm me a *Cough* Stream *Cough* for the Rumble I will be forever in their debt. Unless they send a shitty Justin TV link :D

I'd rather NOT have it shutting down 2 seconds after the Opening Pyro, usually what happens with JTV

1 - 12 of 12 Posts