Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WWE.com posted who they think is the top 25 mic workers in history, Very interesting to see who the big dogs themselves think who's better then who.

And I quote...

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. Roddy Piper
3. The Rock
4. Ric Flair
5. Chris Jericho
6. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
7. John Cena
8. Dusty Rhodes
9. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
10. JBL
11. "Macho Man" Randy Savage
12. CM Punk
13. Hulk Hogan
14. Mick Foley
15. "Superstar" Billy Graham
16. Mr McMahon
17. Edge
18. Paul Heyman
19. Triple H
20. Jesse "The Body" Ventura
21. The Miz
22. Ted Dibiase
23. Santino Marella
24. Ravishing Ric Rude
25. Capt Lou Albano

Let the fireworks begin!

·
Banned
852 Posts
(Y) Jesse Ventura (biased Minnesotan)

(Y)Rick Rude

Hulk Hogan should be higher, and what is Miz doing on there?

Edit: okay I didn't see Santino on there before either... Really? Surely there is somebody else that could've had that spot.

·
Best in the World
2,522 Posts
Why on earth is Christian not even on this? He is definitely better on mic than Santino or The Miz and possibly even better than Punk.

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
That's not a bad list to be fair, although like most of these WWE.com articles they are usually just one man's opinion (like the top 50 WCW superstars the other day)

I'd have the same top 5, though in a differemt order

·
You're Pretty Good
9,816 Posts
Not too bad a list at all. Not what my list would look like but not nearly as bad as what I'd expect from WWE.com. I fully expected to see John Cena at #1 with Randy Orton in the top 10.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Punk that much higher than HHH? Not imo tbh.

·
Registered
464 Posts
WWE.com posted who they think is the top 25 mic workers in history, Very interesting to see who the big dogs themselves think who's better then who.

And I quote...

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. Roddy Piper
3. The Rock
4. Ric Flair
5. Chris Jericho
6. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
7. John Cena
8. Dusty Rhodes
9. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
10. JBL
11. "Macho Man" Randy Savage
12. CM Punk
13. Hulk Hogan
14. Mick Foley
15. "Superstar" Billy Graham
16. Mr McMahon
17. Edge
18. Paul Heyman
19. Triple H
20. Jesse "The Body" Ventura
21. The Miz
22. Ted Diabese
23. Santino Marella
24. Ravishing Ric Rude
25. Capt Lou Albano

Let the fireworks begin!
What?

On topic though, I think the list is solid (though I think Piper is way too high especially with how horrible his mic work has been lately. And Santino on the list is an absolute joke. I also would like to see Cody Rhodes on that list.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
JBL in the top 10. Great to see, the man was amazing. I'm glad Punk is pretty high too; didn't expect him above Vince, HHH and Hogan!

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
In an unusual turn of events, I have no problems with this list. Santino shouldn't be on there, but he's very low on it, so it's a minor gripe. Other than that I don't find fault with any of the names present. Savage is too low, I'd put him after Roberts.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Not a bad list? It's not horrible but it's far from good.

Rock is too high. Cena is too high. Jericho is a tad too high. DiBiase is low.

Santino and Miz should be nowhere near this list.

Where the fuck is Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Brian Pillman, and Shane Douglas?

IMO, the only three here should have been number 1: Flair, Piper, or Savage. That's it.

·
Banned
130 Posts
The big surprise is Cena too high in that list.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
List is a little shaky...Austin is probably #2 or 3...some would probably rank Flair ahead of him. Rock is DEFINITELY #1..there are things in 1999, 2000, and 2003 that the Rock did on the mic that has NEVER and will NEVER be done in our lifetimes again. Piper is a top 5 talent but he's not better than Jake the Snake and he never was. Now Joey Styles is the guy who runs this stuff so I'm not surprised how they have it listed but that's the truth of the matter. Hollywood Rock was the the greatest type of character to have on the microphone I've ever seen. The Rock in particular had more money promos that got bigger reactions and had more fans invested into what he said than ANYONE else in pro wrestling history. Just think about this....they never did that "WHAT" shit on the Rock even when they thought he had "Sold OUT" in 2003 when he came back. That's HOW great that man really is.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
I'd take Miz and Santino out of the list, and take Cena out of the top 10. Also where the FUCK is Eddie Guerrero?

1 - 20 of 405 Posts