Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 219 Posts

·
Banned
5,069 Posts
I actually don't think Nakamura Asuka Aries Roodes Bayley and Joe will be part of this draft they need them to sell NXT.

I can see
Balor
The Revival
Blake and Murphy
Nia Jax
Tye Dillinger
American Alpha (not sure since they also need them to sell nxt)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I wonder if those not "draft-able" will be 'free agents', or will be 'randomly assigned'. I remember some announcement of extra PPV's a while back, but are most PPV's dedicated to one brand? I hope new tag teams are formed, like last brand split. The Smackdown tag division was shit hot.

Give me Nak on the main roster and I'll be happy. I don't want him to be left on NXT after it's been raided of all its talent. Plus I want to see the potential dream matches!

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
I think Carmella will be the only Woman(not counting Eva) drafted from NXT and she will end up on whatever brand Enze&Cass end up on so they can be reunited.

·
Registered
379 Posts
As positive as I have been about the draft, if the first three NXT picks selected aren't Nakamura, Joe and Balor, then the whole process is a fail.

I don't care about Brooklyn, as we all know they are more than capable of working double shows, as proven by Owens and Zayn.

·
THATS THE WALL BROTHER
21,804 Posts
Does anyone know if the draft affects house shows after it is done? I'm going to one in Australia, just wondering if the current line up stays as is.

This is the current "line up"

Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney Match Cards:
Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins
John Cena vs AJ Styles
Neville vs Chris Jericho
Six Man Tag Team Match: The New Day vs Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman and Erick Rowan
Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens
Titus O’Neil vs Rusev w/Lana
The Usos vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
Sasha Banks and Paige vs Charlotte and Dana Brooke
Apollo Crews vs Bo Dallas w/Heath Slater

I'm confused, where's Dean Ambrose?

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I'm confused, where's Dean Ambrose?
He's headlining the shows that are happening in the US at the same time as the Australasian tour. They had to leave at least one big person for the other tour I guess :lol

I hope the draft doesn't change the lineup for the tour cos it's looking really good, and I've hyped myself up for Roman, Seth, John Cena and Chris Jericho...

Reactions: Kenny

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,735 Posts
I dont mind if Smackdown is 2 hours. It's better that it's 2 hours so there's less of the "useless match for no reason" type of scenario that we see happen in RAW extremely often.

I'd say despite RAW gets 3 picks towards SD's two picks. Smackdown could produce better programming in the long run. But thats anyone's guess what's gonna happen and how.

·
Banned
7,451 Posts
This is just dumb, the roster is too damn short for this.

Why they just can't give Stephanie a behind the scenes office job as co-owner, and let Shane McMahon be the TV personality on both shows.

They don't need this dumb split.

I hope their ratings on RAW tank even harder now until WWE gets the picture.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
draft rules? for a scripted show with no real GMs and everything decided by vince, his children, hhh and maybe some others backstage who have power...riiiiight

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
These rules already make SmackDown the inferior show by proxy. Yes, it's 2 hours and may be easy to digest, but don't forget that Vince will also be at SD backstage now that the show will go live coming Tuesday. Also if it gets decent number, USA may even add another hour to it, then what? WWE can do nothing about it.

6 picks from NXT? Wanted even more than that, RIP NXT anyway, as if it wasn't dead already. Looking at that list though, there sure is very little star power. Good luck going live and try to maintain interest lel.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Poor Smackdown, fair enough Raw is gonna be a longer show but that's still a bit saddening. Don't know why they have to keep on calling it Smackdown Live either...

Interesting to see who the NXT guys will be too. Balor and American Alpha are virtually guaranteed i'd say.

Reactions: The Fourth Wall

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Yeah. Now that I think about it that's really the only team she could break up that would give her heat. She can't do that to New Day because they are the tag champs right? WWE would be stupid to break up Enzo and Cass. I see Enzo/Cass/Cena/AJ & The Club all going to Smackdown so they can continue their feud.
Split The Dudley Boyz and let Bubba Ray loose with a heel singles run a la Bully Ray heel run in TNA. D-Von can retire and become an agent or trainer.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,076 Posts
Honestly think Smackdown will be the better show, even with less picks. Quality over quantity after all, RAW has more chance to have some jobbers in it with three picks, and I think we'll get some pretty big names over at Smackdown with the show only just starting to become Live and they will be wanting to get it off to a hot start. Plus, two hours means they hopefully get to the point a lot more and it isn't filled with an extra hour of shit matches.

Excited to see how this pans out. I kind of realised how thin the roster is after seeing the full list, but I'm hoping this split is for the better and getting those guys that don't really get the chance to shine a bit more with their own brand and less guys to overshadow them or fill time.

·
Fighting the feeling...
2,456 Posts
ma boy taker is not on the list!
Neither is The Rock.

Lawler mentioned on the last episode of smackdown that Undertaker wouldn't be drafted as "he wrestles once or twice a year".

With regards to which NXT stars are to be drafted it won't be anybody currently holding title belts so I'm going with,

Bayley (Sasha's tag partner at Battleground)
Blake and Murphy
Tye Dillinger
Finn Balor
Nia Jax (yeah I fucking know it's got disaster written all over it, Reigns push incoming once Sasha has won the belt)

and Nakamura (who will have his farewell natch probably against Samoa Joe)

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,076 Posts
Split The Dudley Boyz and let Bubba Ray loose with a heel singles run a la Bully Ray heel run in TNA. D-Von can retire and become an agent or trainer.
I really hope that happens. Idk what they fuck they've been doing with the Dudley Boyz, but they've been pretty irrelevant since they first showed up. Was exciting for the first month maybe. From what little I saw in TNA, Bubba was a really good singles Heel when he was running with Bully Ray.

I think it'd be a lot better now there's a Draft too, it gives them a reason to split them up really easily.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
At least this should stop Bradshaw bleating on and on every fucking episode about how tag teams might get split up.

And how "Ron being sent to RAW finished his career, and he ended up retiring, while [JBL] was drafted to Smackdown and became a champion" ... even though that is not even close to what happened. I wonder if JBL realises just how idiotic he sounds?

121 - 140 of 219 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.