Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 219 Posts

·
Butter My Arse
11,734 Posts
Still injured sadly.

Edit> and thereby not eligible for draft I should add.
I was gonna say, I know he's injured (I guess that makes him the only injured guy on the whole roster now? What a turn of events from a few months ago) but thought he'd still be included somehow. It does make sense not to include him I suppose. Looks like he's still a couple of months away from returning.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
1 Raw
2 & 3 SD
4 & 5 Raw
6 SD
7 & 8 Raw
9 SD
10 Raw

Then starting with 11 repeat the format.
I see...

1.Rollins-Raw
2.Ambrose-Smackdown
3.Cena-Smackdown
4.Reigns-Raw
5.Orton-Raw
6.AJ Styles-Smackdown
7.Brock Lesnar-Raw
8.Kevin Owens-Raw
9.Bray Wyatt-Smackdown
10.Sami Zayn-Raw
11.Chris Jericho-Smackdown
12.Rusev-Smackdown
13.Miz-Raw
14.Cesaro-Raw

I think even if Ambrose is champ on the draft. Stephanie will pick Rollins believing he will win the title at Battleground.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,556 Posts
Logically it would be

Balor
American Alpha
Bayley
Joe
Asuka
Aries

I see Nakamura staying and Aries being the call up since he hasn't been well received in NXT by their folks watching in Full Sail. He could make a midcard hand in WWE on the main roster. Alexa and Carmella take over as the top female acts for NXT most likely. Roode, Ibushi, Tajiri, Rhyno, Kendrick, and more CWC build thigns up in NXT.

And Raw getting more picks doesn't really matter when you can make SD pick more teams or groups. Say they pick the Wyatt Family or New Day, they get 3 people at a time

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Logically it would be

Balor
American Alpha
Bayley
Joe
Asuka
Aries

I see Nakamura staying and Aries being the call up since he hasn't been well received in NXT by their folks watching in Full Sail. He could make a midcard hand in WWE on the main roster. Alexa and Carmella take over as the top female acts for NXT most likely. Roode, Ibushi, Tajiri, Rhyno, Kendrick, and more CWC build thigns up in NXT.

And Raw getting more picks doesn't really matter when you can make SD pick more teams or groups. Say they pick the Wyatt Family or New Day, they get 3 people at a time
I recall weekly Austin Aries chants. I recall the crowd having a great time when he was dancing with No Way Jose and then laying him out on the announce table.

Aries is really liked by the NXT fans.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,378 Posts
I recall weekly Austin Aries chants. I recall the crowd having a great time when he was dancing with No Way Jose and then laying him out on the announce table.

To be honest, they haven't appreciated him nearly as much as they should. That said, up until his match with Nak, he hasn't really showed his potential.

·
Super Moderator
25,839 Posts
Meh, not really feeling those rules tbh. Not a fan of Raw still being 3 hours while Smackdown remains 2. I get why they're doing it financially, but it sends a bad message imo. Makes me think the Smackdown going live move was USA's but the brand extension was WWE's idea. Despite that, Smackdown will be the better show. One less hour, no Stephanie and Shane there it already has a good head start.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
WWE.COM: Official WWE Draft Rules

I'm not sure why Ambrose is eligible considering at the moment there is only one champion and he will have to defend on both shows.

Also don't see why they have been hyping "TAG TEAMS COULD BE SPLIT UP MAGGLE" and then introduced a rule where tag teams are considered one draft pick each unless the GM specifies different. What possible reason could a GM have for saying "you know, I actually want to waste this pick by only receiving one superstar instead of two like I'm entitled to."

If Finn gets called up as a draft pick it will be a waste, his debut needs to be a surprise in front of a smark heavy crowd in full demon makeup.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm not sure why Ambrose is eligible considering at the moment there is only one champion and he will have to defend on both shows.

Also don't see why they have been hyping "TAG TEAMS COULD BE SPLIT UP MAGGLE" and then introduced a rule where tag teams are considered one draft pick each unless the GM specifies different. What possible reason could a GM have for saying "you know, I actually want to waste this pick by only receiving one superstar instead of two like I'm entitled to."

If Finn gets called up as a draft pick it will be a waste, his debut needs to be a surprise in front of a smark heavy crowd in full demon makeup.
Why would he defend on both shows? Smackdown and Raw will have their own belts.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,556 Posts

HE had it rough until the Takeover match with Nakamura and turning on Jose. He was probably the most lukewarm guy they ever debuted. I could be wrong and they keep him there but I think he's a guy who will get the wtf call up like Apollo Crews.

To meA Aries is a easy guy to bring up and use because he really has nothing going for him and they are replenishing NXT with CWC guys anyhow as they proably look to keep about 15 (including Swan, Ciampa, Gargano) from the tourney.

I guess you can also half way say Mojo has a shot too with the renewed time Ryder has been getting

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,556 Posts
They should have made the Women's division RAW-exclusive.
With Raw having more individual picks all it takes is Charlotte, Dana, Sasha, Paige, Becky, Bayley to make it just that basically. You can have women on two rosters. Lord knows Dan Marie and Torrie Wilson used their time on SD as well as Sable to get and stay over back in the day and so could Lana, Eva, or Summer. Nikki and Emma are free agents (much like Harper) going by the list so they can return to signs with Raw too. They can even add Naomi to Raw and sign Tamina for Team BAD to stay together as Tamina is a free agent too. You don't have to put all women on show to make the title division exclusive

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
With Raw having more individual picks all it takes is Charlotte, Dana, Sasha, Paige, Becky, Bayley to make it just that basically. You can have women on two rosters. Lord knows Dan Marie and Torrie Wilson used their time on SD as well as Sable to get and stay over back in the day and so could Lana, Eva, or Summer. Nikki and Emma are free agents (much like Harper) going by the list so they can return to signs with Raw too. They can even add Naomi to Raw and sign Tamina for Team BAD to stay together as Tamina is a free agent too. You don't have to put all women on show to make the title division exclusive
The division is large enough for two divisions.

Raw

Nikki
Charlotte
Dana
Emma
Naomi
Tamina
Sasha
Nia Jax

Smackdown

Becky
Paige
Summer Rae
Bayley
Asuka
Alexa Bliss
Natalya
Alicia Fox

No reason to have them exclusive to one brand. More than enough, and let more of them shine by having 2 divisions.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,556 Posts
3 of the people yu named for Raw aren't draft eligible in Tamina, Nikki, Emma. Plus I doubt NXT wastes 4 picks on females even if they do sinply call AMerican Alpha up as a duo and Balor as picks 5 and 6. They also wouldn't leave NXT to simply Carmella and no one else imo

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
3 of the people yu named for Raw aren't draft eligible in Tamina, Nikki, Emma. Plus I doubt NXT wastes 4 picks on females even if they do sinply call AMerican Alpha up as a duo and Balor as picks 5 and 6. They also wouldn't leave NXT to simply Carmella and no one else imo
Even if you take away 2 NXT picks, that is STILL 7 women for each show. Why would either show need more than 7 women at any given time? Split the divisions. The whole "not eligible" thing is stupid as well. They will just show up on whatever show when they are ready to go. They don't have to be officially drafted to come back from injury.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
These rules are incredibly flawed.

If RAW gets extra picks, why couldn't Smackdown get first choice to balance that? Couldn't they have done some angle to determine first overall on RAW instead of just announcing it as a "just because" rule? It should have gone

SD
Raw
SD
SD
Raw
Raw
Raw
SD
SD
Raw
Raw
Raw
...And so forth.

Tag teams are taken with one pick "unless the GM or Commissioner only wants one of them". Lazy.

My bitter, skeptical side of my wrestling fandom is emerging and he is filled with a nameless dread.

·
Stay Fearless
7,365 Posts
They really only have 10 divas? I know Brie left and Nikki is injured but I thought there was more divas. Why didn't Tamina make the list? She injured too? Or she just going wherever Naomi goes? Even if they draft 2 NXT divas, 6 divas per show isn't much. They should have just kept the divas all on Raw and maybe add a divas tag championship.

61 - 80 of 219 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.