Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 219 Posts

·
Banned
1,179 Posts
Re: Buddy and I drafted the Brand Split

We did it the way you described, Raw - Smackdown - Raw - Smackdown - Raw, repeat
Hmmm, just different tastes then I guess. I wouldn't have drafted either roster like that to be honest.

·
Such an Idiot
461 Posts
Re: SmackDown world title is already the secondary title

I think Smackdown is going to have a lot more of the up and coming type talent since that is what Shane has been all about since he came back. It should be interesting either way.

·
Super Moderator
19,331 Posts

It makes sense to have the show that runs 3 hours have more talent *by talent I mean numbers* than the show that runs 2 hours. The smaller talent pool will probably make Smackdown the more interesting show. Opinion: Me.

·
Banned
1,179 Posts

Don't watch Smackdown then? I honestly don't understand what everyone's problem is. Either watch the shows if you enjoy them, or don't if you don't. If you genuinely think "this sucks" then find something that doesn't and spend your time on that. It's actually pretty pathetic to hate something yet spend you free time obsessively talking about it on a forum. There's also plenty of other wrestling out there that's nothing like WWE if you hate it so much. I'm frankly buzzing with excitement about the split, draft AND new titles.

·
Such an Idiot
461 Posts

Hmmm, just different tastes then I guess. I wouldn't have drafted either roster like that to be honest.
Personal preference I guess. My Smackdown roster gives you the best tag teams, the best women (outside Becky on Raw, RIP Becky), The Bullet Club v New Day...and a chance for Braun Strowman to get a monster heel singles push...mixed in with Nakamura, Bayley, and other NXT up and comers...I'd watch the shit out of it...but I guess that's why I drafted like I did, lol

·
Banned
1,179 Posts

Personal preference I guess. My Smackdown roster gives you the best tag teams, the best women (outside Becky on Raw, RIP Becky), The Bullet Club v New Day...and a chance for Braun Strowman to get a monster heel singles push...mixed in with Nakamura, Bayley, and other NXT up and comers...I'd watch the shit out of it...but I guess that's why I drafted like I did, lol
You have almost no midcard/undercard for singles wrestlers though. If it was me I woulda made the women Raw exclusive and at least had some sort of singles competition outside of Indy Darlings and Strowman. I'd prefer a much more balanced roster where each show has more of a range in talent levels/skills. And just give women the extra hour on raw so their division finally gets some decent screen time.

·
KO
5,361 Posts
Seth Rollins #1 draft pick according to WWE poll

Rollins is leading the poll ahead of Cena, then Lesnar. I would think wwe.com is mostly visited by "casuals", so does that mean Rollins is more important than everyone else in the eyes of the people? I know it's a stretch and probably wishful thinking, but this could theoretically mean A LOT. Many of you might disagree, but I think Seth should be the future of this company without a doubt (if a single person has to be chosen). Thoughts?

Here's the poll: http://www.wwe.com/polls/which-wwe-superstar-would-be-your-first-draft-pick

MANdatory gif is MANdatory :Cocky

·
Such an Idiot
461 Posts

You have almost no midcard/undercard for singles wrestlers though. If it was me I woulda made the women Raw exclusive and at least had some sort of singles competition outside of Indy Darlings and Strowman. I'd prefer a much more balanced roster where each show has more of a range in talent levels/skills. And just give women the extra hour on raw so their division finally gets some decent screen time.
Dolph, Cesaro, Bubba Ray, Swagger, Titus, Andrade Almas, kind of Rusev until he drops the US Title...Zack Ryder is singles/tag

but I would agree the women's division would make more sense on Raw, with 40-60 minutes dedicated to them actually developing storylines.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
NXT callups... I get as far as naming Balor, Jax, American Alpha and possibly Bayley, but can't think of who the final two would be.

I don't expect it to be Nakamura or Joe though.

·
Banned
1,179 Posts

Dolph, Cesaro, Bubba Ray, Swagger, Titus, Andrade Almas, kind of Rusev until he drops the US Title...Zack Ryder is singles/tag

but I would agree the women's division would make more sense on Raw, with 40-60 minutes dedicated to them actually developing storylines.
Yeah like I say, almost no midcard/undercard lol. It just feels too shallow a roster. If AJ and Rollins go down with injury (both "flyers" with some risky moves) then you move Cesaro and Rusev into the main event and you're left with Ziggler, Titus, Swagger, Bubba Ray and Almas. That's a shockingly small talent pool.

·
Such an Idiot
461 Posts

Yeah like I say, almost no midcard/undercard lol. It just feels too shallow a roster. If AJ and Rollins go down with injury (both "flyers" with some risky moves) then you move Cesaro and Rusev into the main event and you're left with Ziggler, Titus, Swagger, Bubba Ray and Almas. That's a shockingly small talent pool.

Smackdown has a shockingly small pool the way this draft breaks down.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I'm definitely gonna watch both shows (like I always have done lol) cos there's a huge possibility my faves will be split up and will end up separate. And tbh, whatever show Dean ends up on will likely be my fave one :lol

Also, I wonder if the Raws after Wrestlemania and Summerslam will be both brands? Cos I read somewhere they will be, cos I have tickets to the Raw after Summerslam, and I hope the SD roster will be there, especially if Dean ends up on SD...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm definitely gonna watch both shows (like I always have done lol) cos there's a huge possibility my faves will be split up and will end up separate. And tbh, whatever show Dean ends up on will likely be my fave one :lol

Also, I wonder if the Raws after Wrestlemania and Summerslam will be both brands? Cos I read somewhere they will be, cos I have tickets to the Raw after Summerslam, and I hope the SD roster will be there, especially if Dean ends up on SD...
Highly doubt it. Each show should have their own Wrestlemania fallout. If Smackdown stars are on Raw, what would they do for Smackdown one night later? Also, why should Smackdown stars be on Raw in the first place? That isn't their show.

·
Back where we belong!
2,579 Posts
If Raw does indeed turn out to be Authority heavy with HHH and Stephanie all over the show I actually hope that SD beats it in the rating every single week just to perhaps give Steph the hint that nobody cares about her being this so called great heel.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Great clip mate.

Watched your WM30 and WM31 clips at the weekend. Loved them.
I appreciate it man, 32 & Summerslam aren't that great truth be told.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Is there any way online to watch the draft? I have the network but I don't have cable. For something like this, they really should put it on the network live too, though I see why they don't because ratings

181 - 200 of 219 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.