Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-10-07/is-rob-van-dam-going-to-take-time-off-from-wwe

Is Rob Van Dam going to take time off from WWE?

Since returning to WWE for the first time in six years, the incomparable Rob Van Dam has been driven by one simple goal — winning back championship gold. However, after suffering an excruciating defeat to World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio at WWE Battleground, could the Extreme Superstar now be having second thoughts altogether?

RVD’s conundrum would not be about a single defeat. Despite considerable ability inside the squared circle, the high-octane competitor has not only failed to acquire the prize in two separate World Title pay-per-view matches against Del Rio, but he also fell short in his bid to capture his second guaranteed WWE Title contract in the Money in the Bank All-Star Ladder Match and against United States Champion Dean Ambrose.

Now, with the golden losses beginning to pile up, a source has indicated that the ECW Original is considering taking some time off. While WWE.com cannot confirm or deny this rumor at this time, it will be interesting to see whether further details will come to light tonight on Monday Night Raw.
if people didn't know his first 90 days are up before a long break so he is off to Malibu or whatever (he might work RAW & Smackdown this week though [according to PWInsider] so we'll see)

·
Follow The Buzzards
2,976 Posts
Reactions: O Fenômeno

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,750 Posts
WWE isn't that stupid. They know damn well, if they really want to keep RVD around, all they have to do is offer him an ounce. If RVD has a good agent, maybe he could negotiate a full pound.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Not exactly been the best 90 days of RVD has it? I was pumped for his return but it all feels a little bit lukewarm now

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://adf.ly/X6zyu

TOP WWE STAR SET TO TAKE TIME OFF

By Mike Johnson on 2013-10-07 13:49:01

As we've noted in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, Rob Van Dam is expected to finish up his current run with WWE at this week's TV tapings.
As we've previously reported, Van Dam's deal calls for him to work in 90 day intervals, so he is finishing the first cycle that began at Money in the Bank this week.

We are told that Van Dam's deal allows him to take a break for as long as he wants in order to refresh his batteries and then he will return down the line for another 90 day cycle.

The unique deal was one Triple H signed off on in order to have RVD under WWE's umbrella but still allowing him time where he can be off the road and working on outside projects.

We've also heard Van Dam has a deal on the table to write an autobiography over the next year.
more on RVD from PWInsider

·
Premium Member
12,265 Posts
I reckon they'll use someone else to properly write him off on Raw tonight. MAYBE "The Authority."

·
Registered
88 Posts
Question was posed on here the other week, how would you ignite the WHC scene. I would get punk and van damn going after the belt ending in a ladder match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts