Wrestling Forum banner

WWE, c'mon!

1735 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  The ModernDay Icon
The pimped out WWE title was cool at first during Cena's first reign, and was even cool when Edge mad a modification to it. Now it's getting old and should redesign the WWE title so it's not something you would see in a music video. I know it sells so much but give it a break.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
10,918 Posts
Another thread hating on WWE title.

The design is here to stay...unfortunately. Yes it looks like a toy and Cena and Edge were the only ones that it looked good on, but we just have to accept it. There's nothing we can do about it.

· Registered
50 Posts
I know it looks ridiculous...but I don't hate it as much as everyone else. That doesn't meen it doesn't need improvement.

· Registered
484 Posts
I too wished that after Cena lost it to someone other than Edge (as all he changed about it was putting the "Rated R" inside of it) but hey, I guess sales dictate this. I don't mind it as much now, I like how chunky it is.

But hey if they ever wanted to re-design it or revert it back to it's old design (Undisputed Title) then I'd mark.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
its funny it was made into a spinner belt. spinners have been out of style for years now. I never see any spinner rims anymore.

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
This thread is so 2007. Yeah, the belt looks dumb, but at this point I've grown so accustomed to it that it doesn't bother me at all anymore. The fact the championship itself is barely important anymore probably helps ease my annoyance over the stupid belt design.

Besides, I try to remember that whenever they decide to replace the current design, it will probably be with something even worse looking.

· Registered
149 Posts
In all honesty every title in WWE means shit now so who really cares what it looks like!

· #RiseAbove
1,474 Posts
Remember what happened last time we got a redesigned title...

Tag Team Championships anybody? Atrocious.

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
I think the constant redesigning of the WWE Title decreases its value a lot more than the constant exchanges of it, so it's better to keep it as the spinning title.
The WWE Title changed hands pretty much monthly from 1998-2001, and it was infinitely more important than it is now because we were made to believe that it was important. The WWE Title is such an afterthought now that the WrestleMania feud involving the champion is focusing on everything but the championship. You could have an Elton John commemorative dinner plate as the championship for all I care, book it to be important and it will be so.

· Registered
29 Posts
The WWE Title changed hands pretty much monthly from 1998-2001, and it was infinitely more important than it is now because we were made to believe that it was important. The WWE Title is such an afterthought now that the WrestleMania feud involving the champion is focusing on everything but the championship. You could have an Elton John commemorative dinner plate as the championship for all I care, book it to be important and it will be so.
I agree, I was arguing against the point that it constantly changing hands diminished its value (a point that may not have been made in this thread, but is made pretty constantly).

However, if you change the look of the belt a lot, then the value will certainly diminish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.