Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.examiner.com/x-43265-WWE-Examiner~y2010m7d26-WWE-may-reveal-the-Rock-as-Raw-GM-ahead-of-SummerSlam

Sources inside WWE are reportedly close to securing a deal with the Rock that will reveal the former iconic superstar as the mysterious WWE Raw General Manager.

Although current plans (assuming they actually manifest) suggest "the Rock" would only return at WWE SummerSlam, there is talk of bringing the Rock to Raw on the installment of WWE's flagship television program one week before SummerSlam to build hype for for the pay-per-view.

In recent weeks, rumors have swirled that everyone from Shane McMahon to Randy Savage would be revealed as the WWE Raw GM.

Since last year, however, the Rock has publicly stated plans to return to WWE in some grand capacity this summer.

Will this be the "gig" he was referring to?

We may find out sooner than expected.
Sounds great, i just wish it was the Observer reporting it!

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
that'd be pretty impressive, considering he's filming a movie right now, has one movie to film right after that, and two other movies in pre-production that will probably start filming a couple months down the road.

he's not going to be the GM. if he would come back, it's going to be for a short time, he's got better things to do than be a GM.

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
I will believe it when I see it. Do I want it to happen? Hell yeah!!! Why the hell not. Is it going to happen? That is the question.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
It's just some guy on facebook talking shit if you go on his page theirs a report claiming "WWE plans for Kane to drop the wwe title to the Undertaker at summerslam" closely followed by "WWE pulls the plug on Undertakers return at Summerslam"

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
The Rock will not return to the WWE in any capacity. Maybe to be the guest host on RAW, if the WWE is even still doing that, but that's about it. If he comes back to be the new GM of RAW, it would only end up being for one, maybe two nights....three or four at the very most. There would be some angle where the Nexus ends up taking out the Rock so they can say they took out another big name.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If Rock did take over the GM role, I would only see him agreeing to appear on tv every few weeks sine he has a busy schedule...Would Vince want that? a GM that is more often not on the show?
It's possible. They have the email vehicle at the moment so there's always the possibility of an assistant that does most of the on camera stuff on a weekly basis, leaving him to appear infrequently when his schedule allows.

·
Premium Member
10,509 Posts
I guess his Hollywood career is dwindling if he comes back.

Looks like it isn't according to IMDB. Got many projects going on, the most significant being FNF5.

He's actually filming FNF5 over the Summer so I can't see him coming back.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
not that crazy. Rock is filming fast and furious 5 which is filming in LA. First 3 weeks of august is in southern california.

·
Asuka
96,232 Posts
I don't believe it's Rock, but Rock is about the only person who wouldn't disappoint the fans.

I had a thought that maybe WWE is just having an anonymous gm for now, and if they're able to sign Bryan back, then they'll reveal it to be him and that's how he can make his return, since he'll never really have been gone according to kayfabe, but....that's definately wrong, so cross that off. :side: It's probably going to be Cole all along.

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's possible. They have the email vehicle at the moment so there's always the possibility of an assistant that does most of the on camera stuff on a weekly basis, leaving him to appear infrequently when his schedule allows.
The email sound going off ends up getting the biggest pop of the night.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts