Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/17070

Well, it seems that Striker isn't very well liked by both Lawler and Cole and Grisham is well received. The team could change at the next PPV with Punk being called up to fill in a place, but the WWE don't want a all-Raw announcing team to make Smackdown look weak.

If the reports are true that WWE are high on a 3-way announcing team i'd see it as this for TLC.....

Punk/Striker/Cole or Lawler (Probably Cole)

or

Punk/Grisham/Cole or Lawler.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
A month ago everyone was saying that the Grish was in this position.

I reckon it's kayfabe and banter.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I don't see how Cole-King can manage on Raw after the TLC stuff

I see something happening like:
Striker/King/Punk on Raw
Cole/Grisham/Matthews on SD

·
Registered
802 Posts
I don't see how Cole-King can manage on Raw after the TLC stuff

I see something happening like:
Striker/King/Punk on Raw
Cole/Grisham/Matthews on SD
na they wont move Cole away from raw or should i say away form the Miz

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I still want Punk / Striker or Cole / Matthews

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
How about we get the Raw commentators to call the Raw matches, and vice versa?
Thy did that in the early days of the brand split with Cole/Tazz doing Smackdown and JR/King doing Raw. To be honest I'm not a big fan of that, I would much rather they completely dropped the idea of the announce team being brand exclusive and instead mixed them up. Right now they have six announcers as well as CM Punk in a temporary role. On top of that they have Jim Ross, Michael Hayes, Ted Dibiase (Sr) and Arn Anderson who've all announced for WWE in the past. With the exception of Punk who should remain on whatever brand he's wrestling on I would like to see WWE mix it up every week with all sorts of different combinations of people, hopefully this would help the announcing sound less stale than it's become over the past few years.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bobby Heenan is the greatest color commentator in WWE history. Teamed up with Vince McMahon or Gorilla Monsoon, he can't be beat.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Is this a real site? When I click on the link in the post all I get is a google error saying not found.

http://www.This Site is Blocked/article/news/17070

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Is this a real site? When I click on the link in the post all I get is a google error saying not found.

http://www.This Site is Blocked/article/news/17070
It just means the site can't be directly linked to from this one, this usually happens when the site is found to contain nothing but BS or if it's premium content that's being linked to. Hopefully the thread starter will realise and name it so that the rest of us can verify what he's saying.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I actually have no problem with Striker. Really think he is more entertaining on the mic than in the ring. So hopefully they don't let him go. As far as the Raw announce team goes might as well and hire Tony Schiavone and Ferrara [/sarcasm].

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I don't like 3 man teams because it always seems like one of them never gets to talk.

How about this:
RAW- JR and Lawler (as a heel again)
Smackdown- Cole and Grisham

You could pretty much replace Grisham with Punk or Striker. I just said him because he could be the full face announcer and Cole could be full heel.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
I think if J.R ever did come back he would either be put on Smackdown! or it would be a 3 way on RAW. I just don't see WWE removing Cole from RAW after building him up as the voice of the WWE for so long.

Although, after this past Monday I don't see Lawler staying on RAW, which in the case I could see Grisham (even though I don't like him) and Cole doing RAW with Punk until Punk recovers, and maybe bring someone else in. And then have Lawler and Striker on Smackdown, maybe with someone else.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Not bringing anyone back, just going with the guys they have, I’d go:

Raw: Cole, King and Punk (used to calm the kayfabe tension between the two)
Smackdown: Cole, Grisham and Matthews
TLC: Cole, Matthews and Punk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts