Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE changed the finish to last night's non-title RAW match between WWE Women's Tag Team Champions The Kabuki Warriors and the team of Charlotte Flair & Natalya.

There's no word yet on why the finish was changed, but Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that the original plan had Asuka and Kairi Sane getting the win. The actual finish saw Asuka tap out to Natalya's Sharpshooter.

There was speculation that Natalya may have got the win to keep momentum going from her win over Lacey Evans at WWE Crown Jewel, and the media attention she's had in the past few days. There's also speculation on Flair and Natalya getting a title shot from Asuka and Sane soon. This was their second win in the past month as they also defeated The IIconics on the October 28 RAW episode.

Stay tuned for updates on Flair and Natalya, and the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles chase.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/11/wwe-changes-finish-to-natalya-and-charlotte-vs-the-kabuki-661768/

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,049 Posts
Re: WWE Changes Finish To Natalya And Charlotte Vs. The Kabuki Warriors On This Week's RAW

There's not many things worse than Asuka jobbing to Nepotism Charlotte again, but WWE managed to find something worse; Asuka tapping to Natalya clean a decade after Natalya stopped being relevant or entertaining.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Re: WWE Changes Finish To Natalya And Charlotte Vs. The Kabuki Warriors On This Week's RAW

Dumb moves like this, collectively, is why the WWE is in the current state they are in. These things may not mean much in isolation but added up, it's why the company is so dead these days. You can hear the room deflate every time Charlotte or Natalya score a meaningless win...and over a team that, well, while not exactly red hot (nothing in the WWE is now), but at least had the benefit of having the interest of viewers of being DIFFERENT from everything else lately.

Stale is as stale goes.

·
No Regrets
417 Posts

Some girls have all the luck
Some girls have all the pain...

I changed two lines of Rod's song because this is very representative when it comes to WWE burying people like Asuka.

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts

As long as Asuka and Kairi get their win back, I'll be fine with this.

·
FOTC
10,466 Posts

Stephanie was the one that picked Nattie for the Crown Jewel match. So maybe WWE is once again thinking they'll get mainstream attention. They won't.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts

As long as Asuka and Kairi get their win back, I'll be fine with this.
You mean if Asuka gets her win back. This meant nothing to Kairi. So of course, Kairi will pin Natalya...

The only way to rectify this, and really, they can't even make up for it because tapping out, and to Natalya, no less, is so bad, is for Asuka to beat Charlotte, which they will never, ever allow to happen. If Asuka beats Natalya, who cares? It's Natalya, she's a joke. That doesn't mean anything. I don't even want to see Asuka beat Natalya because Charlotte is the one who matters. Natalya isn't worth wasting a win on.

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts

You mean if Asuka gets her win back. This meant nothing to Kairi. So of course, Kairi will pin Natalya...
Yeah, but since they basically lost as a team, I counted both. Asuka could probably beat Natalya in singles competition if they plan doing that in the coming weeks. God forbid Asuka getting a pinfall/submission victory Charlotte.

·
Banned
495 Posts

Asuka needs to come to AEW. It's embarrassing what WWE has done to her. Same with Shakamura

·
Registered
3,132 Posts

Asuka needs to come to AEW. It's embarrassing what WWE has done to her. Same with Shakamura
She wont do much over there either. At least shes getting paid here for WWE to fuck with her.

·
Registered
143 Posts

There are two things I don't understand this match between Natalya, Charlotte Flair against the Kabuki Warriors.

1. At one point during the match, we are back after commercials, and what do we see? Charlotte Flair trying to tag Natalya and there is noone to stop her from tagging and still the fail to tag. I mean, what went wrong since the couldn't tag even though noone was there to stop them and they were a mere few inches from each other??

2. In wrestling, you have three ways to submit to your opponent. You can either tap out with your hand clapping the mat 5 times or more in quick succession. You can also verbally tell the referee you surrender. The last way is to tap out with your feet kicking the mat 5 times or more in quick succession just like you would via hand. It is the same thing. Asuka had Natalya in a submission hold and Natalya kicked the mat as though she tapped out, but she didn't lose. Why?? If you surrender, you lose the match.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts

There are two things I don't understand this match between Natalya, Charlotte Flair against the Kabuki Warriors.

1. At one point during the match, we are back after commercials, and what do we see? Charlotte Flair trying to tag Natalya and there is noone to stop her from tagging and still the fail to tag. I mean, what went wrong since the couldn't tag even though noone was there to stop them and they were a mere few inches from each other??
Timing was off, Kairi was supposed to stop her in time since she didn't (for whatever reason), they had to improvise.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts