Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they are building up to a tournament like they did in 88 and 98. These are the only two incidents where a vacated title has happened that I can think of and each tournament produced the first title reign of two greats. Savage and Rock. I don't think that HIAC will produce a champion either and I hope it doesn't. I like the confusion they are creating and even hope they insert Punk into the storyline somewhere like they are doing Show. THe more people that they involve by creating the feel that they have a claim on the title the more meaningful a tournament at Survivor Series would be. THere is no better way to put over a new champ than to have them win 4 matches in one night. When they did it with Savage, they knew they had to do something special to elevate him in people mind to carrying the title that Hogan had just worn for 4 years and they did it. THis has a similar feel with Cena being Hogan.

In the meantime. I would love to see HHH appoint himself champion after a HIAC no decision and just as the word come out of his mouth that he is WWE champion, Vince appear on the TitanTron and announce a tournament. I think an in ring appearance would undermine HHH too much, but a titantron appearance would make his presence known just right and start a slow build towards Vince vs HHH.

If they are going to with Bryan as champion, there is no better way to do it, IMO

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To answer the question as how they would pull off another no decision at HIAC from the other thread. I would go with a corrupt referee that obviously ignores Bryan's foot on the rope and counts to 3. I thought about the cage mysteriously being raised and allowing someone in, but that would hurt the integrity of HIAC, they have already done the fast count and a run in.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is the point of a tournament when the finals would come down to Bryan/Orton anyway it would be a complete waste of time
So you consider WrestleMania 4 and Survivor Series 98 a waste of time?

·
Ho!
18,111 Posts
Maybe. It would be cool if over the next few weeks, we have the 8-man tournament leading up to the finals at Hell in a Cell inside the cell (which would obviously be Bryan vs. Orton). Would make more matches on Raw seem somewhat important and maybe even help DEM RATINGZ out a little bit.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe. It would be cool if over the next few weeks, we have the 8-man tournament leading up to the finals at Hell in a Cell inside the cell (which would obviously be Bryan vs. Orton). Would make more matches on Raw seem somewhat important and maybe even help DEM RATINGZ out a little bit.
I like the idea of them narrowing it down from 16 to 8 on Raw after HIAC. I would be cool with Survivor Series being an 8 man tournament, but I think the winner should have had to have won at least 3 matches that night and it should be decided on a main PPV.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I like the idea of having a tournament to determine a new WWE champion. I'd have it be a 16 man tournament, starting on RAW tonight, with the semi-finals and the finals taking place at the Survivor Series. Maybe have one match on RAW each week, to slowly build up to the final three matches at the Survivor Series.

I'd be completely fine with this as long as it's not Orton and Bryan in the finals. If it is, then just have Orton vs. Bryan at Hell In A Cell, and determine the new WWE champion then.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the idea of having a tournament to determine a new WWE champion. I'd have it be a 16 man tournament, starting on RAW tonight, with the semi-finals and the finals taking place at the Survivor Series. Maybe have one match on RAW each week, to slowly build up to the final three matches at the Survivor Series.

I'd be completely fine with this as long as it's not Orton and Bryan in the finals. If it is, then just have Orton vs. Bryan at Hell In A Cell, and determine the new WWE champion then.
I agree that it doesn't need to be Bryan/Orton in the finals. IMO, it need to be HHH vs either Bryan or Orton. Here is how I would do it. The quarters, semis, and finals would be held at Survivor Series. HHH would book himself in a quarter finals bye. He would have The Shield attack the person scheduled to be his quarter final opponent backstage and then his opponent would be a no show to their quarter finals match and he would win by forfeit. This would create enormous heat as HHH would have only had to wrestle twice to get to the Finals while his opponent has had to wrestle three times. Book Orton and Bryan to meet in the Semi finals with Bryan winning clean to set up HHH/Bryan.

·
Premium Member
12,265 Posts
I like the idea of a tournament; it's been a while since we've had a good old fashioned elimination style tournament and it'd be fitting for Survivor Series. But why would Triple H just up and name himself the WWE Champion, OP? That wouldn't make much sense tbh. I'd like the idea of Triple H as champion heading into WrestleMania and Bryan beating him for the belt, but I'd rather The Game won it rather than award it to himself.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
So you consider WrestleMania 4 and Survivor Series 98 a waste of time?
For wm 4 u wouldn't have known dibiase/savage would b the final you would've thought for sure hogan would be it. And both had much deeper rosters. It would b a waste just to have a whole tournament just to Have a rematch of title match we have had the past 2 Ppv so that is why is why it's a waste

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the idea of a tournament; it's been a while since we've had a good old fashioned elimination style tournament and it'd be fitting for Survivor Series. But why would Triple H just up and name himself the WWE Champion, OP? That wouldn't make much sense tbh. I'd like the idea of Triple H as champion heading into WrestleMania and Bryan beating him for the belt, but I'd rather The Game won it rather than award it to himself.
The scenario I created was for him to name himself champion and for Vince to override it and announce a tournament. HHH winning the title, IMO would only further undermine today's talent. I am a strong believer that Bryan does not have what it takes to be a long term main eventer, but it just makes no sense to not give him a fair shot after the time invested. In my scenario Bryan beats HHH at SS in the finals and I don't care if it clean or not. Savages win wasn't clean and it didn't matter.

IMO, the focus on HHH around WM time needs to be on him and Vince, not him being champion.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For wm 4 u wouldn't have known dibiase/savage would b the final you would've thought for sure hogan would be it. And both had much deeper rosters. It would b a waste just to have a whole tournament just to Have a rematch of title match we have had the past 2 Ppv so that is why is why it's a waste
You are absolutely right. No one saw the double dq coming with Hogan/Andre. I am sure everyone was assuming a Hogan/Savage finish. As I stated already. I wouldn't want a Bryan/Orton finish either.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Would be a good idea to bring back KOTR.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vince supposedly hates tournaments, so don't bet on it. It's a shame.
I remember reading this somewhere as well. If I remember correctly it was around the time of Survivor Series 98

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
I'd love to see a tournament as well as it would bring attention to both the title and the product. Also do like what they did in 1988 and 1998 and have the 2 most recent champs meet 1 another in Round 1 as to avoid the same match we've seen the past 2 or 3 months.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts