Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 241 Posts

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,735 Posts
Re: Kofi has become unbearable.

Let the guy enjoy his only world title run he's more than likely ever going to have in the company. It'll be over sooner than later anyway.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,164 Posts

either kofi wins at next ppv then loses to roman @ HIAC, or orton wins and kofi gets rematch at hiac.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts

I would agree the perfect time is at a big 4 PPV, however, the Fox deal changes everything. If I had to predict, I think he will drop the title at Clash of Champions.

·
Registered
847 Posts
He should drop it on the 1st Fox show to Owens, Roman or Lesnar. He did his best but mid card for life aren't deserving of the strap and elevating them only further brings down the gold. You'd think fans would of learned that by now.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
No it hasn't, if anything it's gotten better with the Orton feud. Hes up against a legit main evented, someone who is a believable threat, a person who he had a 10 year grudge with. Kofi is the best booked champion out of he, Seth, and Becky. He was never placed in a heatless angle that killed all his momentum, his only con was not having high level opponents to challenge him for the title.

·
24,250 Posts

I'm definitely over it. It has completely overstayed its welcome. I never thought he would hold it longer than 60 days.
Indeed, I was never on board with this KofiMania thing and I never thought he would be holding it for this long. Baffling to think he may end up holding it longer than Becky.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts

But who in the world do they have worth him dropping it too? Black maybe?
I'm all for diversity but let's not force it.

I never really bought into KofiMania. The Gauntlet, Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania matches were all top notch, but it just felt too late to sell Kofi as a main eventer. They tried harping on the "11 years" thing, but because the story came out of nowhere when Ali got injured, it sort of rang hollow. The long arduous journey to the WWE Title... which the Kofi character hadn't shown any inclination towards for the past decade basically. Just seemed content assing around with the New Day, now all of a sudden he has this big dream.

Post-Mania, having Kofi feud with Ziggler straight away, when their rivalry was so heavily tied into the IC Title in years past, hurt the perception of the WWE Title a bit for me. Would have liked the Kofi/Orton feud to have started back in April. The backstory they've told would have helped Kofi's character as champion immensely had it been introduced ASAP.

·
Registered
996 Posts

It really has gone on way too long. Kofi is a lower mid-carder, yet he gets this superman booking.

But who should he drop it to? Everyone is a loser nowadays. And let's not act like Orton will have a decent run if he wins it. It'll suck even more than Kofi's run.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts

OP is a racist bigot confirmed. This is progressive you uncultured swine. Learn to keep up with the times.

*Screams in SJW*

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

I'm all for diversity but let's not force it.

I never really bought into KofiMania. The Gauntlet, Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania matches were all top notch, but it just felt too late to sell Kofi as a main eventer. They tried harping on the "11 years" thing, but because the story came out of nowhere when Ali got injured, it sort of rang hollow. The long arduous journey to the WWE Title... which the Kofi character hadn't shown any inclination towards for the past decade basically. Just seemed content assing around with the New Day, now all of a sudden he has this big dream.

Post-Mania, having Kofi feud with Ziggler straight away, when their rivalry was so heavily tied into the IC Title in years past, hurt the perception of the WWE Title a bit for me. Would have liked the Kofi/Orton feud to have started back in April. The backstory they've told would have helped Kofi's character as champion immensely had it been introduced ASAP.
Im pretty sure he meant black as in Aleister Black.

Either way... they haven’t built any credible threats. The WWE dropped the ball there. There should be a hot heel right now who wins the belt and stomps all over Kofi’s dream, not some heatless guy like Roman, Brock or Orton. As soon as Kofi won the title they should have had this planned out but instead it seems like they called things on the fly with no real direction. Beating Kofi for the title should be a real star making moment for an upcoming heel

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

Im pretty sure he meant black as in Aleister Black.
r/woosh

The Fiend is the perfect heel to beat Kofi Kingston for WWE Championship but his challenging for the Universal Championship WWE Logic lol.
It all depends on whether Bray wins or not. If he's losing, then yes, he should've challenged and beaten Kofi, but if he wins, FUUUUUCK that. Having the Universal title is MUCH better than having the WWE title. It's not only more important, it's something he's never held before, and on the more important brand.

Anyway, how long will Kofi will the champion for? I think he loses it on the first SmackDown show on Fox. If he doesn't lose it on the first SmackDown show, then he's probably holding it to have a Survivor Series match. It's hard to see Kofi vs Rollins but it's not too far fetched, but if Kofi is going to Survivor Series, it makes more sense to face The Fiend, but I don't think Kofi or The Fiend is champion by then. If Bray wins the title, then Bray beats Kofi at Survivor Series, and then Kofi probably loses at TLC to.....some heel, which sets up Kevin Owens winning the Rumble and challenging for the SmackDown title at Mania. Of course there's a sad possibility that Kofi is champion until WrestleMania, which is beyond any acceptable rationale, but I could see it happening.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

Not sure how this is a r/whoosh. Got back and read the original post. Rookie literally bolded the part about Black taking the title from Kofi and then went on a tangent about diversity
r/woosh once again.

Black = African American

It was a joke. He used Aleister Blacks name as a double meaning. The fact that it went over your head in the first place is astonishing to me, the meaning was obvious.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

r/woosh once again.

Black = African American

It was a joke. He used Aleister Blacks name as a double meaning. The fact that it went over your head in the first place is astonishing to me, the meaning was obvious.
Yea lets not act like the intention of the message was crystal clear... there was no obvious indication of sarcasm there.

61 - 80 of 241 Posts