I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,679 Posts
Re: Kofi And/Or New Day Heel Turn?

Kofi won't look believable as a heel.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts

Them turning heel as a group could work they haven't been heel in a while. Them breaking up is a bad idea though, shame on those suggesting it lol
He didn't beat him though, it was a count out victory. And it's not like Orton retained the title by count out or anything to trigger the anger, it's Kofi who retained because he rolled out post-getting RKO'ed. Also, nothing Randy did really justified the aggression either.
Orton admitting that he held Kofi down, while belittling Kofi about how Kofi was never as good as him which is why it took Kofi so long to become champion didn't warrant some extra aggression from Kofi.

Kofi rolled out because he wasn't going to kick out. That's a ring general move, not a heel move.

·
Forever Blissful
1,669 Posts

He didn't beat him though, it was a count out victory. And it's not like Orton retained the title by count out or anything to trigger the anger, it's Kofi who retained because he rolled out post-getting RKO'ed. Also, nothing Randy did really justified the aggression either.
Eh who knows?

·
Registered
860 Posts

Them turning heel as a group could work they haven't been heel in a while. Them breaking up is a bad idea though, shame on those suggesting it lol
Orton admitting that he held Kofi down, while belittling Kofi about how Kofi was never as good as him which is why it took Kofi so long to become champion didn't warrant some extra aggression from Kofi.

Kofi rolled out because he wasn't going to kick out. That's a ring general move, not a heel move.
You're missing the point. Kofi is the one who RETAINED via count out. It's not like Orton retained the title via count out. Orton is the one who should be angry in the scenario, not Kingston. The post-match actions were not provoked or justified by Kingston in the scenario that it happened.

2,234 Posts
Did Kofi's mannerisms in the match throw anybody else off? I know the backstory and everything lead up to the match, but Kofi is usually calm and collected. He said bitch ass to Orton more than once during the match. In the end, Orton didn't really do anything to provoke Kofi, if anything, Kofi's kid seemed more like a distraction to Orton than anything else. Kofi going off and screaming "GETCHYO BITCH ASS UP" at Orton, didn't really seem like the most face thing to do, nor did it really go along with how the New Day's characters are presented to us.
I don't see any problem with this. Orton told Kofi that he's not good enough which is why Kofi is very aggressive in this match and also it was Kofi who wanted this match so badly and determined to prove Randy wrong. I would act the same

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Re: *NEW DAY ROCKS* *NEW DAY SUCKS* Thread - All NEW DAY Topics Discussed Here

Kofi is a happy go lucky face. The Kendo stick beatdown made absolutely zero sense in that situation. Would have been different had he grabbed Kofis kids or said something to his wife, but nah. Randy smirked at them. That doesn't seem enough to me. Randy should be the angry one this week and destroy Kofi.

·
C Mac G
6,065 Posts
Re: Kofi

Who does he lose the title too now ? Orton in a rematch ? Reigns ? Bryan ?
Doubt it's Orton, this seems like a retread of the AJ/Joe story from last year, if you do a title change in a feud, you do it in the FIRST match and keep it going from there.

Everyone wanted Joe to win the title, he got DQ'd at Summerslam, and we just got blue balled for 2 more PPVs. Orton isn't winning the title. I wouldn't be surprised if Brock wins it on the first FOX Smackdown.

·
Registered
120 Posts

New day were always cringe worthy shit

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,146 Posts

Orton stared down Kofi's wife and kids, yea he didn't say anything but he still tried to intimidate them, he definitely deserved that ass whupping.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts

Orton stared down Kofi's wife and kids, yea he didn't say anything but he still tried to intimidate them, he definitely deserved that ass whupping.
When you put it like that, it makes sense. But it felt weird to see Kofi with that kind of aggression. It felt off. It just didn't click for me. The set up was too soft and Kingston just didn't pull it off. I still like him tho.

·
C Mac G
6,065 Posts

AJ and Joe pretty did the same thing last year, and it was WORLDS better, they had a far better match, and had way more agression in the finish. Crowd didn't even hate the DQ finish for that one, and it fit within the context of the story.

A year later, they try something similar, and it's literally weaker in every area. Weaker champion, weaker challenger, weaker match, less heat, and ATROCIOUS finish that got booed out of the building.

Kofi's reign has sucked, point blank. I don't even hate the guy, but he has his limitations as a top star.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,146 Posts

When you put it like that, it makes sense. But it felt weird to see Kofi with that kind of aggression. It felt off. It just didn't click for me. The set up was too soft and Kingston just didn't pull it off. I still like him tho.
It probably landed for me because the second they showed Kofi's family I was anticipating Orton fucking with them, every time they went to the outside I was like "this is it, Orton is going to try and kill Kofi in front of his kids" and each time they pulled it back in the ring and the anticipation rose. So when Kofi rolled out to that side of the ring after the RKO I just knew it was finally coming. I was a little disappointed it didn't go further but keep in mind his family knows the story of Orton holding him down, plus Orton is known for being vicious and the dude is 6'5" 250lbs and he has that deadeyed gaze that probably intimidates other wrestlers, just him looking in the direction of Kofi's family should have had them shook.

WWE rarely does subtlety so when they occasionally do, it gets lost on people who grown custom to expecting more.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,090 Posts
Re: Kofi has become unbearable.

I would guess they need to save the loss for a "Big 4 PPV"

So Survivor Series.

If not just let him drop it on the first SDL

But who in the world do they have worth him dropping it too? Black maybe?

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts

I actually am not sure at this point. It won't be a lost at Survivor Series if they do the champion vs champion. I actually believe if Kofi is champion past Survivor Series he holds it until Mania. The only thing I can see changing this is if Brock comes to Smackdown during the draft and beats him for the title.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts

A great as it was to see him win the title it has been a less than interesting run with the title for sure. I'm not sure if WWE really knew what to do with him after he won the title. I think he should drop it before SD moves to FOX. I'm not saying that he will but it's just time to go a different direction. They could have most of the titles change hands at this point and it wouldn't be a bad thing. There is a lot of boring champions in WWE right now.

·
Registered
265 Posts

I don't mind him being champion to be honest.

He's not going to go down in the history books as the best champion of all-time, and I dare say a lot of people have forgotten the original significance behind his win being that he's a black guy. That said, he's one of the longest-reigning champs WWE have had in a while outside of Lesnar so for that I'm thankful.

I'm hoping Orton punts him for the title and turns full-on heel (aka normal Orton). The Revival being by his side is a good move also because, as good as they are, they are not over whatsoever and are barely used. Orton can help elevate them and they can do good things for him as a heel by being his annoying heaters.

41 - 60 of 241 Posts